• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton***

We should have taken advantage on our dominance in the first half when Everton handed the game on a plate for us. We were a bit unfortunate hitting the woodwork twice, of course, but the goal we conceded felt very unnecessary, and we also should have created more clear cut chances perhaps.

The second half was how I expected the whole game to be. End-to-end, high tempo and very open. Everton probably shaded it though, and we finished very poorly like we did against Watford. I was happy to hear the final whistle in the end, even though it feels like two points left. Now we need to take advantage of two home games coming up, and hopefully make up for the points we dropped this weekends compared to our closest rivals.

First half we were criminally unlucky and battered them

Second half they only had Besics shot that tested us

They tried to hit us on the counter and Toby and Verts were outstanding

Guy speaking to Alli and Toby made a good point; we are hard to beat. Yes, we feel we drop points in some of the draws but we aren'tbeing beaten.

Yet sky said he made more tackles and more passes than any other player on the Pitch

Pfft. He is not physically up to the job of playing central mid field. He may have attempted lots of tackles, but I didn't see him win too many. This is even more the case when we play Eriksen, who is spineless.

We used a bit of our luck up in the last game. Great first half from us and unlucky not to go into halftime ahead. I have lot of time for Everton; an honest team that works hard. Ref had a good game too.

Yes, bit bizarre really.

Looked like we were only getting a point at Watford and ended up with 3. Looked like we going to ease to 3pts today and end up with 1.

But I think if somebody had offered me 10pts from these last 4 matches on the day of the Southampton match I would have said yes please, but they are only a good 10pts if we get 6 from the next 2

I wish Pochettino would stop talking about how we could possibly win the league. We never seem to learn that we just need to take every game as it comes and continue to work hard. How many times in recent seasons have players come out and said: "We have closed to get on Arsenal", and similar things? How many times have we finished ahead of Arsenal? Let's just keep our fudging mouths shut, give our best in every game and see where we are in May. We aren't going to win the league. We aren't good enough for that. But if we keep the right focus, we have an outside chance of finishing in he top 4.

14 league goals? No way.

Even last year when he had 11 goals in 15 games people were saying he was brick. People never liked him from the word go and he deserves a lot more respect. Should he be starting right now? Hell no - but he's a good option for us

14 league goals last season in a team that didn't play as a unit. We cannot have a player that doesn't put a shift in when he comes on

Even when Chadli scored last year he really didn't work hard enough.

He showed against Chelsea what he could do but he just doesn't work hard enough for THIS Spurs side

If Poch thought he was a genuine answer he would have brought him on ahead of son wouldn't he???

I truly think we now have a team and individuals will fall behind. It may be why eriksen is suffering a little

Guy speaking to Alli and Toby made a good point; we are hard to beat. Yes, we feel we drop points in some of the draws but we aren'tbeing beaten.
Tyler couldnt wait to say about how many draws we've had, but surely 1 point is better than losing

I said some time ago that if Dembele got injured we would lack efficiency in the midfield...and that we need another strong player in that area.
Erikson not being able to make things happen then?
Dier moving forward apparently towards the end of the game!
If that's so, it proves my point that we still lack power in the middle of the park.

I can't see us making a challenge for the top now...

Where in Gods name is Pritchard......... oh yeah and Nije..LOL

Anyway...disappointing wit poop bums winning!
We are always better with Dembele.
I think Bentaleb might have given us that control and strength but Poch went to win the game hence attacking subs, i.e. Chadli, Onomah and Son, you can't blame him much for that.
I would have taken Carroll off, especially after his yellow and we seemed to lose energy and composure. Rose on the left would have given us energy.
In terms of signings, we tend to struggle to beat teams who park the bus partly as we don't have that direct runner to play on the break, like BaleLennon in their prime, with Njie out we could do with a dribbler who gets into the box. Lamela dribbles across the pitch too much. Bolasie, Shaqiri, Arnautovic like player would be worth getting. Aside of a Kane sub.

I can't understand why Rose is not first choice!

Rose is. We have a huge amount of games coming up and have just got over a busy schedule. Davies has been very solid this year but Rose has consistently put in better performances time and time again but davies will be needed for certain games and when rose isn't playing well.

Today davies looked vulnerable against lennon and showed why rose is a far superior fit for our team currently

Brilliant first half, shame about their goal. Should've been 2-3 goals up, really. Second half we were better for 15mins, then they battered us.

Happy with the point, we could easily have lost this game. Annoying we didn't take our chances before the break, but overall ok with the draw.

Jamie Carragher on Tom Carroll: "He was outstanding today, he basically ran the game for Spurs today."

He must have confused Eriksen and Carroll and thought he's getting a lot of the ball. Carroll is a light weight, but does not possess the evasive skills of a Modric or Eriksen (when in form.) I would prefer him to be out of the side, despite what Carragher says.He's a numpty anyway.

Grow up, today Lamela and Eriksen were far worse then Carroll.

The were actually a couple of defence splitting passes by the lad we just could not take advantage of them is all.

The is a reason why Poch is playing him and he is a successful football coach and
I want Eriksen out of the team! He offers no presence at all! To blame for the first goal with another insipid 'effort' out on the flank. Until he regains form, I would prefer Son in the team. Ben Davies is not as good as Rose and I think today showed why, (where was he for the Lennon goal?). He gets caught out of position and is about as intimidating as being savaged by a dead sheep. Rose has the intimidation factor and with a run of games will be steady. His problem this season has been interrupted game time. Carroll...no, no, no. Too small and not good enough. I think Poch got his selections wrong today. Carroll should not have played and neither should Davies.

Grow up, today Lamela and Eriksen were far worse then Carroll.

The were actually a couple of defence splitting passes by the lad we just could not take advantage of them is all.

The is a reason why Poch is playing him and he is a successful football coach and your just a fan from a depressing northern town.
!
Think N'jie is gone for 3 months, so almost the rest of the season with rehab time. Think Pritchard is about to start training again so I read somewhere
Thanks..Paxton..
N,jie out for the rest of the season then..just when we need something different to add to the Team...just our luck..

Thought we controlled the first half really well and they resorted to playing 8 at the back and then hoof up to Lumpkaku. It was only when they brought Besic and Delofeu on that they changed playing to feet.

Was fun watching Lukaku have a strop in the centre circle when he nodded the ball down within a foot of an Everton player who just stood and watched us clear it.

Thought we controlled the first half really well and they resorted to playing 8 at the back and then hoof up to Lumpkaku. It was only when they brought Besic and Delofeu on that they changed playing to feet.

Was fun watching Lukaku have a strop in the centre circle when he nodded the ball down within a foot of an Everton player who just stood and watched us clear it.

Lukaku didn't score but really really impressed me today. He leads the line so well and has gone up in my estimation

Back