• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought I could never care less about the Premier League game than the City one, but this one's even less important. Basically don't get beat by 3 clear goals, and we're good.

Also, how lucky are we that Arsenal brick the bed as bad as they did? If we actually needed to win this game, I would be absolutely bricking myself.

---------Gazza-----------
-----Alderweireld--Sanchez--
KWP--------------------------Davies
--------Dier---Skipp----
Lamela----Sonny---Eriksen
-----------Llorente-----------

0-1 whatever

Thankfully Poch will absolutely not tolerate this kind of attitude towards the game. I expect a professional performance and a comprehensive victory.

I thought I could never care less about the Premier League game than the City one, but this one's even less important. Basically don't get beat by 3 clear goals, and we're good.

Also, how lucky are we that Arsenal brick the bed as bad as they did? If we actually needed to win this game, I would be absolutely bricking myself.

--------Dier---Skipp----

0-1 whatever
If we've learned anything this week surely it is that the seemingly impossible will sometimes happen. And that a single goal can quickly lead to several more.

Everton are a good side, in form. What if they get one or two goals early on and then suddenly Arsenal lead by a goal or two in the first half.

The risk is very small, but the consequences of failing could be massive. If players are exhausted or at risk of aggravating an injury they should be rotated. But we should start the team that maximizes the chances of us being successful.

--------Dier---Skipp----

0-1 whatever

Son is suspended and I'm guessing Sanchez is doubtful given he missed last night

If we've learned anything this week surely it is that the seemingly impossible will sometimes happen. And that a single goal can quickly lead to several more.

Everton are a good side, in form. What if they get one or two goals early on and then suddenly Arsenal lead by a goal or two in the first half.

The risk is very small, but the consequences of failing could be massive. If players are exhausted or at risk of aggravating an injury they should be rotated. But we should start the team that maximizes the chances of us being successful.

Top right territory in risk assessment stakes

6d39352301882b6abf087c68d4ceb839.png

Many are concerned that our players might be either physically or mentally drained after last night and be unable to perform on Sunday but surely the same would apply to the Woolwich players who will have the added pressure of playing away and catch-up?

Many are concerned that our players might be either physically or mentally drained after last night and be unable to perform on Sunday but surely the same would apply to the Woolwich players who will have the added pressure of playing away and catch-up?

Arsenal have got a pig of a turnaround and no time to train between games. They will also have a fair few players who will be playing their last game for the club and will not want to get injuries.

He said himself he’s only starting straight line running this week, which he continued, was why he could run onto the pitch.

He’s nowhere near ready for Sunday.

Yes, my point is that a couple of goals changes that. Nerves set in for us, hope and confidence sets in for them. Then anything can happen. As GB illustrated the probability of that is low, but we should do anything we can to prevent getting into that anything can happen scenario.

Arsenal have got a pig of a turnaround and no time to train between games. They will also have a fair few players who will be playing their last game for the club and will not want to get injuries.

Ooh you're going to upset the playing on thursday is no big deal phalanx.

I'd rest/protect those I can get away with (Jan, Hugo, Rose, Sissoko) without exposing us to serious risk of defeat.
Adrenaline from last night together with the fact we then have a few weeks off means the players will be up for trying to secure third.

Gazza
Trippier Sanchez Toby Davies
Dier Wanyama
Lucas Dele Eriksen
Llorente

As soon as I could do it safely, I'd get Eriksen, Dele and Toby off!
We have 3 weeks before the final and Liverpool will be playing full strength tomorrow so I think we need to go relatively strong.
Could be a number of players' (incl Toby and Eriksen) last games at home for us?

And they are playing Burnley away, whose fans are happy to bay for the blood of whatever southern fancy-dans come to town that week. Their forwards will love playing against Arsenal, I can see Burnley winning the game to be honest.

I don't think top 4 is in any doubt, the only question is do we finish 3rd or 4th. 3rd would be nice, but I'll take 4th and no injuries.

Chelsea have got Leicester away which is no gimme

I have Never Ever started a Match Thread in all my years on here. Now my chat has been cut and pasted into one. So time to see if I am good luck or not I suppose.

Thankfully Poch will absolutely not tolerate this kind of attitude towards the game. I expect a professional performance and a comprehensive victory.

This is a fair point and one of many reasons why I'm not a football manager. Considering our recent form, a comprehensive victory would be a fantastic surprise.

Lucas and Llorente get rewarded for their performance and start (neither have a lot of mileage on their legs this season)

Assuming Foyth, Son, Sanchez, Kane, Winks all still out

Eriksen, Dele, Lamela, Sissoko make up rest of midfield

Toby +Jan/Davies, with KWP & Rose?

Maybe Gazza gets a run out ..

i would guess
Vertonghen Out - Ankle
Trippier Out / Not risked - Groin
Rose Out / Not risked - Groin
Sanchez - Injured
Kane - Injured
Winks - Injured
Foyth - Suspended