• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v. Everton - Sunday, February 9th - 13:30

Capoue showed how useless he is as a tackling dm as well. Sold himself way too high up the pitch missing tackles and leaving space in behind him.

I don't agree with that. I thought once he came on bar the last 3 mins of injury time, we looked solid.

I think Everton's approach play was first class. The final third they disappointed. Clearly missed Lukaku. I'd be gutted if I were Everton, what chances did we create? To be fair, Everton in the second half didn't create anything really but it was a pen.

I can't talk for the first half but second half everton produced **** all.They played like we did under AVB, lots of possession, no real chances, no meaningful forward passes (except away from home we were much more dangerous under AVB and actually created chances). They should have had a pen though for sure, but in terms of performance? they were 'meh' at best second half.

I can't talk for the first half but second half everton produced **** all.They played like we did under AVB, lots of possession, no real chances, no meaningful forward passes (except away from home we were much more dangerous under AVB and actually created chances). They should have had a pen though for sure, but in terms of performance? they were 'meh' at best second half.

Yea second half they were poor. First half there was only one team in it.

That was never a penalty. Coleman was lucky not to get booked for his dive. And Capoue put Everton under a lot of pressure when they were on the ball.

The ball had moved away which if anything is what saved Capoue but the challenge was reckless as he did not get the ball and got the man he is just lucky that the Everton player over ran it. Him and rose are both rash when it comes to making tackles in and around the area but rose is showing signs of improvement.

I have to say I didn't see this gulf in performance that the commentators tried to portray, they edged the first half and second half was fairly even. Adebayor being MOTM for me shows how poor smith is as a commentator, he was ok, but MOTM? Lloris would have been a better pick for his narrative.

Over the two games with Everton we were considerably better, lets put it that way, at least deserving of 4 points from them.

Our lack of cohesion. It's been a similar story all season, even largely last season.

A talented squad but for me the balance has been off since the sales of Luka Modric and Van der Vaart.

Before we had a creative fulcrum, a pivot from which we could spring board attacks. Modric, and even Huddlestone were able to transition defence to attack very quickly, to switch play to the danger men.

Now we struggle to get Lennon involved. Isolate Soldado. I alluded to it in another thread. But I think someone like Emirates Marketing Project would still be awesome if they swapped Dembele and Sandro for Fernandinho and Toure. Because the four in front of them don't rely on the service from the midfield two. All the need really is for them to provide a solid base from which to spring attacks. Of course Toure and Fernandinho offer a lot more.

We look at Lennon's most successful periods. When he played with Modric, Huddlestone, Van der Vaart, Carrick. Players who can play progressive football to try and get players like Lennon in the right position. One on one with his full back. Or get Soldado performing in danger areas where he is more effective. These are multipliers. Enablers. Players who get more from other players.

Right now we lack that cohesion. We have two components which are incompatible in my mind. Lennon and our attacking midfielders don't need defensive beasts as such. They need creative pivots from which we spring attacks. Our defensive or more pragmatic minded centre mids like Paulinho rely on the likes of Silvas, Cazorlas, Hazards to make them seem more functional.

Our lack of cohesion. It's been a similar story all season, even largely last season.

A talented squad but for me the balance has been off since the sales of Luka Modric and Van der Vaart.

Before we had a creative fulcrum, a pivot from which we could spring board attacks. Modric, and even Huddlestone were able to transition defence to attack very quickly, to switch play to the danger men.

Now we struggle to get Lennon involved. Isolate Soldado. I alluded to it in another thread. But I think someone like Emirates Marketing Project would still be awesome if they swapped Dembele and Sandro for Fernandinho and Toure. Because the four in front of them don't rely on the service from the midfield two. All the need really is for them to provide a solid base from which to spring attacks. Of course Toure and Fernandinho offer a lot more.

We look at Lennon's most successful periods. When he played with Modric, Huddlestone, Van der Vaart, Carrick. Players who can play progressive football to try and get players like Lennon in the right position. One on one with his full back. Or get Soldado performing in danger areas where he is more effective. These are multipliers. Enablers. Players who get more from other players.

Right now we lack that cohesion. We have two components which are incompatible in my mind. Lennon and our attacking midfielders don't need defensive beasts as such. They need creative pivots from which we spring attacks. Our defensive or more pragmatic minded centre mids like Paulinho rely on the likes of Silvas, Cazorlas, Hazards to make them seem more functional.
some talent, but a distinct lack of brains and balls.....

At Goodison we were easily the better team in the first half, but Martinez changed it around and they looked far better in the second. Today they bossed the possession in both halves, but when we got the ball and moved it quickly we looked just as likely to score.

So the missus asked me to go to Tesco's to get some cat food before the game...and I was accompanied by my Twelve year old daughter....when paying for the goods I decided to get some cashback and have a little punt on todays game.

So I says to my daughter 'im gonna have a little bet you got a prediction for me'??

'dad she says you really shouldnt gamble'

'come on just a little £5.00 stake give me a result and first goalscorer'

'ok 1-0 she says....Adebayor to score'

£5.00 stake back and £150 profit!!!!! happy days!!!!! split three ways between me...my daughter and other half(who found out after me and my daughter were dancing around that I had made a bet and didnt look too impressed)

We were far from impressive today but the result is all that matters!!!!!!!Everton are hard to beat so credit to Tim & the lads!!!

Personally I don't disagree we should be playing much better, IMO our squad is comparable to arsenals but on this occassion, in this game I just don't think Everton were much, if at all, better, yet the commentators are drumming it in to listeners how good everton are playing and how poor we are, I just didn't see it! Both teams were average IMO.

lets not forget that Everton played Arsanal off the park at the Scumerates earlier in the season.....They are a good side under Martinez

Personally I don't disagree we should be playing much better, IMO our squad is comparable to arsenals but on this occassion, in this game I just don't think Everton were much, if at all, better, yet the commentators are drumming it in to listeners how good everton are playing and how poor we are, I just didn't see it! Both teams were average IMO.

I agree, they are using the narrative to dictate the facts rather than the other way round

townsend came in and didnt do much better, plus lennon came infield more second half and got involved
Not much better, but still better. He was playing out on the left. Minimised Colemans second hat threat, and on one occasion cut inside, made room for a shot, got it away although it was blocked. Bearing in mind it was his first game back after injury, he at least caused them some problems.

The main issue today IMO was a lack of support for Ade. No one got close to him to help out. Lennon, Eriksen, Pauli and Dembele were all culpable of this, especially in the first half.

The really annoying thing is we had one on the pitch but in the wrong position.
Eriksen is so suited to a 3 man central midfield. He would have ran the game today.

Yea I'd like erikson back in cm as well we've just got sooo many players there who do you drop? I quiteiked the 442 when Tim first came in, wouldn't mind seeing it again soon.

The really annoying thing is we had one on the pitch but in the wrong position.
Eriksen is so suited to a 3 man central midfield. He would have ran the game today.
he is not quite up to doing that yet. He goes missing, is very hit and miss. Ajax fans and pundits criticized him for not dominating games in Holland, so to expect it in the PL is a bit hopeful imo.

lets not forget that Everton played Arsanal off the park at the Scumerates earlier in the season.....They are a good side under Martinez

Spot on.

They were light a couple of important players through injury, but they had their best back 4 + goalie and two deep midfielders in there and we were short a couple of players through injury too.

It was a close game, unsurprising between two teams next to each other in the table. We were poor in the opening 10 I thought, but after that we improved quite a lot and we were at least equal to Everton, and I would argue slightly better than them for the remaining game.

A close game between two fairly evenly matched sides decided by one very good player doing something a little bit special.

Not a great performance from us, but certainly not a poor one either I thought.

Back