• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v. Everton - Sunday, February 9th - 13:30

Not just a romanian

Michael Brown
775678aa3f6ff160b7335fd82dd04d94.256x256x1.png

When: Sunday, February 9th / 13:30
Who: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton
Where: White Hart Lane
Referees: M. Clattenburg / S. Beck - D. Bryan / P. Dowd

Lloris​

Walker--- Chiriches--- Vertonghen --- Rose​

Sandro(c)​

Paulinho​
Lennon ----------------------- Eriksen​

Soldado​
Ade​

With Lukaku out for several weeks/months, there's no point to play Dawson (although this will most likely happen - so just swap Chiriches for Dawson), but other than that, this is pretty much the team we are likely to see against the Toffees. I think everybody wants to see Sandro back in the lineup and it's also interesting to see if Timmeh will stick with Soldado or maybe play Eriksen AMC with Chadli stepping into that left midfield position.

A very important match this and it will be crucial that we see it out and get all 3 points - we have failed to pick up points against the top teams thus far and what a great moment this would be to start!

I trust that you lot will not disappoint me and bash me for this absolutely rubbish OMT, but since no one bothered, I thought I'd give it a go and get us a nice win.

3-1 Spurs (Soldado x2, Eriksen)

soldado_PA-446518.jpg

I assume Lamela won't be back?

-------------------------Lloris--------------------------

Walker------------Dawson------Vertonghen--------Rose

Lennon-----------Sandro--------Dembele-----------Eriksen

------------------Soldado--------Adebayor--------------

-------------------------Lloris--------------------------

Walker------------Dawson------Vertonghen--------Rose

Lennon-----------Sandro--------Dembele-----------Eriksen

--------------------------Paulinho----------------------------

-------------------------Adebayor----------------------------

Was there any news on Dembele's injury?

Unfortunately I foresee us either drawing or losing this game. Our record against the top teams this season is abysmal and Everton's, on the other hand (aside from defeats at Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project) is very impressive indeed. We will go in to the game far too open which will play in to the hands of Barkley and Mirallas.

At least Lukaku is out for them, and possibly that talented kid Deulofeu.

I think we need to draft Sandro in for this anyway, cos otherwise Barkley will have a field day behind two of Paulinho/Dembele/Bentaleb. I'd go:

LLORIS WALKER DAWSON VERTONGHEN ROSE LENNON SANDRO DEMBELE ERIKSEN PAULINHO ADEBAYOR

We need a big performance but there has been zero sign of it. If we lose this then 4th may well be out of our range. To get 4th we would have to beat all the bottom half teams from now on most likely. So I'd take a draw, and it pains me to say that in a home game.

A6405_zpsdfd4139c.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur host Everton at White Hart Lane on Sunday 9th February 2014 (KO 13:30) in the 25th round of Premier League matches of the 2013-14 season.

Spurs come into the match in 6th place in the League on 44 points, while Everton are in 5th place on 45 points. This will be the 173rd time the two clubs have met.

The first meeting came in April 1897 in an end of season friendly match at Tottenham Marshes which Spurs won 2-1. Everton were founder-members of the Football League and had just finished 7th in the First Division while Spurs were in the Southern League and had finished 4th.

A further friendly was played at Goodison Park on New Year's Day 1902 which Everton won 3-1.

The clubs' first competitive match came in the old First Round (today's Third Round) of the FA Cup in February 1904 at Goodison Park which Spurs won 2-1 with a Vivian Woodward goal and an own goal from Everton's Balmer.

Both clubs embarked on a central European tour in the summer of 1905 an met twice with Everton winning both matches 2-0 in Vienna and 1-0 in Prague.

A second FA Cup meeting came in January 1908 with Spurs losing 1-0 at Everton.

At the end of that season, both Spurs and Everton set sail for a tour of South America and played two exhibition matches in Palermo, Argentina with the first game drawn 0-0 and Everton winning the second 4-0. On the voyage home, Spurs 'borrowed' the ship captain's parrot who lived happilly for a decade at the Tottenham offices in the High Road until it dropped dead the day news came through that Arsenal had stolen Spurs' First Division place in 1919.

The first Football League meetings came in the First Division in the 1909-10 season with Everton winning 4-2 at Goodison and Spurs winning 3-0 at the Lane.

The clubs then met regularly in the First Division up to season 1927-28 with eight wins for Spurs, ten wins for Everton and eight matches drawn.

The only League meetings between the two clubs outside the Top Flight of English Football came in season 1930-31 in the Second Division with Everton winning 4-2 at Goodison Park and Spurs winning 1-0 at White Hart Lane.

The clubs met for two more seasons in Division One before the outbreak of World War Two with a win apiece and two games drawn.

Spurs won a 3rd Round FA Cup tie 3-0 at home in 1934 and a 5th round tie at home in 1937 4-3 after a 1-1 draw at Goodison Park.

The first meeting after WW2 came in the FA Cup 5th Round at Goodison Park in February 1950 with Everton winning 1-0.

Spurs regained their First Division status in 1950-51 and did the 'double' over Everton on their way to the first Football League Championship won by Tottenham Hotspur with a 2-1 away win and a 3-0 home win. Everton lost their First Division place that same season along with Sheffield Wednesday, while Chelsea escaped the drop on goal average.

Everton were back in the First Division for the 1954-55 season and the clubs have met in the Top Flight for every subsequent season to date, except for 1977-78 when Spurs dropped down to the Second Division for one season.

Bill Nicholson's first game as Tottenham's manager came at White Hart Lane in October 1958 and Spurs were 6-1 up at half-time and went on to beat Everton 10-4.

A League game at White Hart Lane in December 1969 was abandoned due to floodlight failure after 29 minutes.

The two clubs met in February and March of 1986 in a competition called the Screen Sport Super Cup, which was introduced to give teams who would have qualified for the European competitions some compensation, as English clubs were banned from Europe. The first match at White Hart Lane ended goalless while Everton won the return leg 3-1.

The only Football League Cup meeting between the clubs came in the Fourth Round in October 2009 with Spurs winning 2-0 at the Lane with goals from Tom Huddlestone and Robbie Keane.

Both Tottenham Hotspur and Everton were founder-members of the Premier League and are two of the seven clubs who have been ever-present for the entire 22 seasons of the competition, along with Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United.

Spurs have taken more points off Everton in the Premier League than from any other opponent. The 73 points won by Spurs against Everton in the 43 matches played to date gives an average of 1.7 points won per game.

The 2010-11 meetings in the Premier League only yielded one point for Spurs, which came in a 1-1 draw at the Lane in October 2010. The reverse fixture in January 2011 was won 1-2 by Everton. The Toffees' goals were scored by Leighton Baines at Spurs and Louis Saha & Seamus Coleman at Goodison Park. Rafael van der Vaart scored both Spurs' goals that season.

Spurs' home game last season was re-arranged from the opening day to January 2012 due to rioting in the Tottenham area. Spurs won the match 2-0 with goals from Aaron Lennon and a belter from Benoit Assou-Ekotto. During the January transfer window, Spurs signed Everton's French striker Louis Saha while Steven Pienaar moved in the opposite direction on loan until the end of the season. The match at Goodison Park in March 2012 was won 1-0 by Everton when Nikica Jelavic scored his first goal for the club in the 22nd minute.

During the Summer of 2012, Everton re-signed Steven Pienaar from Spurs on a permanent basis.

Everton won the fixture at Goodison Park in December 2012 with two very late goals in injury time from Steven Pienaar and Nikica Jelavic after Clint Dempsey had put Tottenham ahead after 76 minutes. The return game at White Hart Lane in April 2013 finished in a 2-2 draw. Emmanuel Adebayor put Spurs ahead in the first minute but Phil Jagielka leveled things after 15 minutes. Everton took the lead with a Kevin Mirallas goal after 53 minutes and Gylfi Sigurdsson scored for Spurs with three minutes remaining.

Everton & Spurs drew the Premier League match in November 2013 at Goodison Park 0-0.

Overall, Spurs have won 61 of the 172 matches played so far with Everton winning 59 and 52 matches drawn.

Jamie Attwell
Espen Baardsen
John Barlow
Nick Barmby
John Brearley
Frank Brettell (Everton player, Spurs manager)
Charlie Brown
Bob Cain
John Cameron (also Spurs manager)
Simon Davies
Anthony Gardner
Paul Gascoigne
David Ginola
Richard Gough

Charlie O'Hagan
Ted Hughes
Pat Jennings
Steve Kelly
John Kirwan
Gary Lineker
Bobby Mimms

Charlie Morgan
Steven Pienaar
Robert Pilch
Louis Saha
Vinny Samways
Pat Van den Hauwe

John Watson
Alex 'Sandy' Young

Are Baines and Coleman fit, can't remember. If so that is a key battle with our "wide" players who nowadays seem to be Walker and Rose rather than Lennon and Eriksen.

Should make for an interesting game, but if they play 451 and outnumber our midfielders, will everyone just blame Bentaleb?

Tempted to go with something like this, but then again we were way too narrow against Hull and it really annoyed me!

-------------------------Lloris-----------------------
----------------Dawson------Vertonghen------------
Walker-----------------Sandro------------------Rose
--------------Bentaleb-----------Dembele-----------
--------------------------Eriksen--------------------
-------------------------Adebayor-------------------

EDIT - :) OK, OK if you guys want me to pick 11 players instead of 10, how about the patented 23221

-------------------------Lloris-----------------------
----------------Dawson------Vertonghen------------
Walker-----------------Sandro------------------Rose
--------------Bentaleb-----------Dembele-----------
---------Eriksen----------------------Townsend----
-------------------------Adebayor-----------------

Last edited:
You think we can beat a strong Everton side with 10 players?

I forgot about Coleman's injury. If he misses the game then we should target that Stones kid down their right.

Nothing personal against young Bentaleb, but against Everton I want to see Sandro returning alongside either Dembele, Paulinho or both.

Personally, I feel Tim will stick with Bentaleb though.

Nothing personal against young Bentaleb, but against Everton I want to see Sandro returning alongside either Dembele, Paulinho or both.

Personally, I feel Tim will stick with Bentaleb though.

Up to Timmy but I feel that he has to get 4th to keep his job and Bentaleb needs to be taken out of the firing line. Everton wont give him space or time

Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Rose; Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho; Lennon, Eriksen, Adebayor

Lukalu is out for them. I don't believe that they have other fit target man in the squad. I can see that they will have problem holding up the ball with their front line. Should we go high-press on them (AVB style in the beginning of this season)?

Lukalu is out for them. I don't believe that they have other fit target man in the squad. I can see that they will have problem holding up the ball with their front line. Should we go high-press on them (AVB style in the beginning of this season)?

Traore is fit right?

Back