• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - OMT ***

If Sessengnon gets up to speed we might see Reggie as the LCB with Sess ahead of him as the LWB. That could potentially be a very tasty left hand side. All presuming Sess can start to realise his potential with us.
Will never happen, unless as an emergency solution. Reguilon has basically none of the attributes you'd want from a CB.

Last edited:
Glad they highlighted Davies
I’m not a fan anymore but he has settled into the 3 really well and is now adding to the attack

I think for the way Conte seems to want to play, for balance Davies is the only option we have on the left of the back 3 and yes he’s done well so far. I’d say he’s there to stay for the next couple of months anyway.

Will never happen, unless as an emergency solution. Reguilon has basically none of the attributes you'd want from a CB.
I do agree with you yet I also think Reggie is a far better LB defensively than Davies is. I suppose Davies has regressed whereby LCB suits him better than the more athletically challenging role of LB.

Long term I think we need someone better than Davies for the role. I recall the game against Vitesse where he almost have away 2 pens so he doesn't really give me much confidence.

I do agree with you yet I also think Reggie is a far better LB defensively than Davies is. I suppose Davies has regressed whereby LCB suits him better than the more athletically challenging role of LB.

Long term I think we need someone better than Davies for the role. I recall the game against Vitesse where he almost have away 2 pens so he doesn't really give me much confidence.

How good would our super flying Dutchman have been at LCB in this system back in his prime :cool:

upload_2021-11-10_18-35-44.gif

He'd be the perfect fit when you think about. Has all the attributes. Every single thing you want your LCB to be, that's Jan. [emoji30]
Pochettino once spoke about his system requiring centre backs who were also comfortable at full back because our full backs would get so high that the opposing team's wide player could often end up well in front of them. Pochettino's defensive shape saw the defensive midfield player slotting in as a third CB and the two centre backs would have to fan out wide, which firstly meant that they had to be good at being able to defend one on one against tricky wingers but also that they had to be able to get forward and play an important part in our attacks. Both Jan and Toby had played at full back (even for their national team) so were the perfect centre back/full back hybrid type players.

In our squad Ben Davies seems ideally suited to this role on the left (though I suspect that Conte may still look for an upgrade). I'm not sure that Romero is as well suited on the other side. I wonder whether he will eventually play as the middle centre back and be given license to go out and try to get turnovers in the midfield as he did for Atalanta and we'll play Tanganga or Sanchez on the right side of the three (I think both have the pace but am not sure that either are good enough to contribute properly to our attacks). One of the reasons that I wanted us to sign Milenkovic from Fiorentina last summer was because he is one of those sort of hybrid centre back/full back type players that allow you to play 3 at the back. Tomiyasu, that we were linked with only for him to eventually go to Arsenal, is another one of those sorts of players.

The idea is right... But we need to get over Davies. No issue about him doing the role perfectly. But he won't be good enough if we're targetting top four.

Conte did it in the 2nd half vs Villa with Davies alongside Reggie. But now that the secret is out you can imagine how others will be thinking how to counter this strategy attacking the gap between Davies and Dier.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Pochettino once spoke about his system requiring centre backs who were also comfortable at full back because our full backs would get so high that the opposing team's wide player could often end up well in front of them. Pochettino's defensive shape saw the defensive midfield player slotting in as a third CB and the two centre backs would have to fan out wide, which firstly meant that they had to be good at being able to defend one on one against tricky wingers but also that they had to be able to get forward and play an important part in our attacks. Both Jan and Toby had played at full back (even for their national team) so were the perfect centre back/full back hybrid type players.

In our squad Ben Davies seems ideally suited to this role on the left (though I suspect that Conte may still look for an upgrade). I'm not sure that Romero is as well suited on the other side. I wonder whether he will eventually play as the middle centre back and be given license to go out and try to get turnovers in the midfield as he did for Atalanta and we'll play Tanganga or Sanchez on the right side of the three (I think both have the pace but am not sure that either are good enough to contribute properly to our attacks). One of the reasons that I wanted us to sign Milenkovic from Fiorentina last summer was because he is one of those sort of hybrid centre back/full back type players that allow you to play 3 at the back. Tomiyasu, that we were linked with only for him to eventually go to Arsenal, is another one of those sorts of players.
Davies has been really good in the last two games
His experience in this system shows
Agree about Tomiyasu but I’m really happy with royal I have to say
We will sign someone to play there I’m sure and sell Rodon as no one ever seems to want to play him

We will sign someone to play there I’m sure and sell Rodon as no one ever seems to want to play him
Davies was not good against Vitesse. He almost gave away 2 pens, the first one would likely have been given if VAR was allowed. He was a little all over the place if we are honest. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt given it was our first match using the system.

Yea I thought Davies was very poor v Vitesse, probably understandably though with so little game time. He was much better v Everton.

Davies was not good against Vitesse. He almost gave away 2 pens, the first one would likely have been given if VAR was allowed. He was a little all over the place if we are honest. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt given it was our first match using the system.
I’ll give you one penalty
The one after we scored
When was the other?

Oh there were some bitter Blues at work. "Robbed" "Definite penalty" "Never a red"

1/ You weren't. But it is a subject the locals know a bit about...
2/ It wasn't. That is why it was overturned after officials saw the replay
3/ It was. That is why it was upgraded after officials saw the replay

Jog on. Get over it. And the booing of Son...grow up

I think Rodon and Sanchez will excel in a back 3, hope to see them in action.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Romero too... Would live to see him at the centre of a back three and auxiliary DM, so we can commit more into attack. A back three of Romero, Sanchez and Rodon feels quick.

I think Rodon and Sanchez will excel in a back 3, hope to see them in action.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Where does Rodon play in the back three? I assume you'd have Sanchez on the RHS? Is he good enough defending one on one out wide to do that? Is he good enough on the ball to play a proper part in our attacking play (as Ben Davies has been doing on the left for example)?

I’ll give you one penalty
The one after we scored
When was the other?
I can't remember the times of the events, (would have to watch the match again) but the first was before our goal. It's the one that was a pen but wasn't given. The 2nd one was later I think when we might have been 1 or 2 up. I commented in the match thread when it happened.

I can't remember the times of the events, (would have to watch the match again) but the first was before our goal. It's the one that was a pen but wasn't given. The 2nd one was later I think when we might have been 1 or 2 up. I commented in the match thread when it happened.
I was at the game and remember the first one but it was the other end to me so didn’t have a great view
It was like a body check

Back