• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - OMT ***

I can not for the life of me see what posters were claiming when they were saying Lo Celso should play ahead of Ndombele
Lo Celso offers feck all. He's neither creative, nor a goal threat. Ndombele holds the ball, and gets out of tricky situations, and delivers quality passes in the final third, and gets goals and assists. He's at least 3 levels above Lo Celso.

Last edited:
I cannot remember Everton really creating anything of significance. Yes ideally we want to be going to Goodison and beating them particularly when they don't have Mina, Doucoure or Calvert Lewin playing. But we have to be honest with where we are and this feels like an important stepping stone considering what we saw only 7 days ago agains United at home.

We will slowly start to build some identity and I am very pleased so far with the contributions of the fullbacks although I think we are going to need some decent understudies too.

A word on Lo Celso, he's not been great, and I have also been critical recently. That was a lovely effort at the end and I wish it had gone in, would have done wonders for his confidence and everyone else around him. The corner that followed was not great.

Upwards and onwards COYS

Just back from goodison.

frustrating game, felt we were in control and the better team for long periods but we really do struggle when we get to the final third. Thought skipp and hojberg were better than they have been recently. We can’t seem to get son and Kane in to the position to do what they do best. Must be frustrating for them too.

could feel the love for conte in the Away end! Not sure about that spaghetti / moretti chant though. Surely we can come up with something better than that?!

Lo Celso offers feck all. He's neither creative, nor a goal threat. Ndombele holds the ball, and gets out of tricky situations, and delivers quality passes in the final turn, and gets goals and assists. He's at least 3 levels above Lo Celso.

I honestly think the guy could play a Modric type role for us. Not really assisting or scoring but keeping things moving in midfield and knitting play together. He's obviously not in Modric's league but I think he's a far better player than he's shown for us.

That said, him and Ndombele have been failures to this point and they should only have limited time to turn it around.

We looked better for sure and we moved the ball around a lot quicker then we have for a while, if Emerson had scored from that header i think we would have gone on and won the game well. Saying that i thought he was our MOM ( again) and there are signs of us becoming a better team.

Not when I suggested, but the childish attitude of hatred for players at London clubs is forever there along with "he supported xxxxxxxx as a kid"

We looked better for sure and we moved the ball around a lot quicker then we have for a while, if Emerson had scored from that header i think we would have gone on and won the game well. Saying that i thought he was our MOM ( again) and there are signs of us becoming a better team.

Definitely noticed the tempo was much higher from the start

Excellent piece of analysis that. I was at Goodison at the weekend and it was really evident how high our wingbacks got and the problems that caused Everton. Conte has made a reasonably considerable tactical difference already in a very short space of time. It was also abundantly clear how much harder our players were working, we are working harder both when in possession and out of it. I think the next key things for Conte will be replacing one of the two central midfield players with a player who has better passing ability and range (I can see why he is supposed to be interested in Brozovic) and also doing the same with one of our back three (I suspect he'll look to replace Dier with a player who is more comfortable on the ball but time will tell on that).

Glad they highlighted Davies
I’m not a fan anymore but he has settled into the 3 really well and is now adding to the attack
If Sessengnon gets up to speed we might see Reggie as the LCB with Sess ahead of him as the LWB. That could potentially be a very tasty left hand side. All presuming Sess can start to realise his potential with us.

Back