• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - OMT ***

I'm coming around to the idea that we should propose a ritiro to the players in the January break.

Honestly - they might listen to Conte, and we could do with two weeks' training together somewhere with no distractions.

Yes, it isn't an 'English' thing, but whatever - loads of things that are now in our game weren't traditions to begin with.

Book a training camp, take them out there, drill them for a couple of weeks. Would do a world of good for this lot.

Poch did it a couple of times. Pretty sure redknapp took them to Dubai as well.

Top 4 is most likely beyond us this season as its clear we need major investment in certain areas. Unfortunately as a club we have been seriously let down by glc and ndombele. The pair of them are a disgrace imo as they both have the talent but very rarely show it. It should be the other way around with them very rarely not showing it but these two blokes are basically dingdongs unfortunately.

Will be hard to even end above the goons and wham this season who are both on a role with their teams found and settled. goons also have no europe.

With good investment we can leave them both in our wake next season on route to a CL spot but this season 6th and a EL spot looks like the most we can realistically achieve. Maybe a cup if we can get some luck with the draws etc.
We rarely play them for them to show it. If they were starting game after game then that complaint would be fair but each of the last 3 coaches have been more concerned with the weakness of the defense to get them on the pitch regularly.

We rarely play them for them to show it. If they were starting game after game then that complaint would be fair but each of the last 3 coaches have been more concerned with the weakness of the defense to get them on the pitch regularly.

Going to be interesting to see how Ndombele looks in a few weeks' time. Conte said in his post match interview how demanding (fitness wise) his high intensity football is, and after our two games the players have apparently had intensive 'warm-downs'.

Ndomeble and a few others who arent in international squads now have a fortnight of being trained in this way - going to be interesting how some of those players who havent started the last couple games but now have two weeks with Conte look later in November. Ndombele is the main one who springs to mind given that he's come on in both games so is clearly liked by Conte to some extent, whereas dele hasnt made it onto the pitch yet

I'm coming around to the idea that we should propose a ritiro to the players in the January break.

Honestly - they might listen to Conte, and we could do with two weeks' training together somewhere with no distractions.

Yes, it isn't an 'English' thing, but whatever - loads of things that are now in our game weren't traditions to begin with.

Book a training camp, take them out there, drill them for a couple of weeks. Would do a world of good for this lot.

Sounds good. We could go somewhere remote and leave a few behind when we fly back.

Poch did it a couple of times. Pretty sure redknapp took them to Dubai as well.

True, but that isn't the same as a ritiro, as I understand it.

Poch took them to Barcelona, they were allowed to take their WAGs along (iirc) and it was a bit of a training holiday, both for Poch and the players. Ditto Redknapp. The media team went along to take pictures of the players, the players themselves went for strolls down the promenade - holiday-ish.

A ritiro is more intense, with none of that - Juve did one just now in response to a poor run of form. It's literally the squad in an isolated spot without distractions, with football and training from 8 AM to 8 PM for weeks. It's meant to be a punishment in Italy for poor form - in our case, it would be part that and part just getting a structure in place to train these players non-stop.

It wouldn't be in Barcelona or Dubai, for one - it wouldn't even necessarily be out of Europe. But some place set up for high-level cold-weather fitness and tactical training for two straight weeks.

Top 3? Dont you think Man C, Cheatski and Liverpool have those spots sewn up?
Wet Spam are a good bet to get 4th. They just keep getting better and better. United 5th, and arsenal look stronger defensively. As said before we have a squad with the abilities of 6th or 7th this year. Conte is going to have to work an absolute miracle to get us top 4 without any additions. With 3 or 4 top quality additions we have a chance. Just can't see us doing it in January though so with the summer additions also it'll be Contes year for 2022/23.

Wet Spam are a good bet to get 4th. They just keep getting better and better. United 5th, and arsenal look stronger defensively. As said before we have a squad with the abilities of 6th or 7th this year. Conte is going to have to work an absolute miracle to get us top 4 without any additions. With 3 or 4 top quality additions we have a chance. Just can't see us doing it in January though so with the summer additions also it'll be Contes year for 2022/23.

Think west ham will fall away and suffer from not having a top striker or anyone to do the Jamie Vardy thing, small squad and with Europe they will fall away by January.

I hope you're right. They haven't had a bad run yet.

They have lively forwards who score goals and a brute of a centre forward who leads the line well. Plus they score a lot from well worked corners.

In fact, everything we don't have at the moment.

Arsenal look good for 4th. They are starting to play attractive football with some swagger now. Young team, they will learn and results will follow.

West ham and us to challenge for 5th. We can only get better with Conte.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

West Ham look great right now, but we’ve been in their position before of looking fantastic in the first half of the season and then slipping just enough to let the chasing pack in.

I’m very confident in Conte and our team under him. We looked like we had the requisite intensity against Everton, I think we’ll only get better and frankly I think our squad’s poor form for the last 2 years has meant it is significantly under rated at the moment. These players have much more to give when unified in one direction.

We can put a run together and get closer to the top 4. I think we’ll be in the conversation.

I think we played alright, considering. Most important was to get the defense more solidified and I think that was achieved. Getting the offense firing is something that takes much more time, but there were some faint signs of improvement. Yes the final pass wasn't always there, but that could be because of nerves, still coming to grips with the new system, some tiredness from the midweek match, etc.

I actually enjoyed the match and I was moaning the missing of a chance or a misplaced final pass, rather than the negative backwards play that we had been seeing since the start of the season. That, to me, is improvement. And week by week the improvement should become more and more evident.

COYS!

It’s a lonnnng season - remember when we was top of the league in November? West Ham have a good first eleven, but not so much of a squad. They are always a Declan Rice injury away from having Mark Noble patrolling their midfield. With their European adventure it’s unlikely their squad will be able to compete long term. Conte needs time, give it a couple of months and potential investment in January it could be a completely different picture for us by then…..

West Ham look great right now, but we’ve been in their position before of looking fantastic in the first half of the season and then slipping just enough to let the chasing pack in.

I’m very confident in Conte and our team under him. We looked like we had the requisite intensity against Everton, I think we’ll only get better and frankly I think our squad’s poor form for the last 2 years has meant it is significantly under rated at the moment. These players have much more to give when unified in one direction.

We can put a run together and get closer to the top 4. I think we’ll be in the conversation.

Agreed. If we can get 2-3 in in January, we'll be one of 5-6 teams who have a chance.

re the Everton game, does anyone know where you can find ground covered stats? Would just be interested in seeing how the Everton game compared to previous games this season (and then monitoring it going forwards)

They have lively forwards who score goals and a brute of a centre forward who leads the line well. Plus they score a lot from well worked corners.

In fact, everything we don't have at the moment.

Their centre forward is rubbish I was told that by the experts on here when I suggested him as cover for Kane a little time ago.

Their centre forward is rubbish I was told that by the experts on here when I suggested him as cover for Kane a little time ago.

Antonio has limited abilities but is very effective however his age and West Ham's transfer demands count against him. Personally I'm not bothered about us shelling out £60m on an out and out CF - I think we need a CF who can play with Kane and also with Son. I worry about a Vlahovic-Kane partnership in the same way as a Kane-Antonio partnership. And if we can find that, then spend less on but on a Llorente type but also bring in another attacker too

Back