• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v dirty stoke *****

Who should chicken_badge's new avatar be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think Sherwood did himself any favours by the way he dealt with the media. But then again he knew he had a limited amount of time to make the most out of the opportunity in terms of getting a job in management afterwards. I'm just not sure he went the right way about it off the pitch. He also came across as bit of an operator -I don't know whether he was or not -but if he was, then that might cause him some problems (the best operators are the ones you can't spot).

But in terms of the football -at least we played more attractive football than under AVB, even if it was with mixed results. And, that really was a relief.

ironic that we are the dirty team now - red card and one karate chop from rose that went unpunished... how times have changed.

Indeed. How easy people forget. Plus Sherwood was an outright hypocrite and coward when push came to shove. Short term results would have led to long-term big BIG losses imo under his stewardship.

We are in a bad way on the pitch atm no doubt, but to start saying "bring back Sherwood"? Please....

Who is calling for Sherwood back?

Which mod changed my post, #556, in this thread? I wrote that Sherwood was an "outright hypocrite" and it has been posted as me saying he was a "common chiffchaff"?!!

Is one of you looking to start a war that I haven't :ross:

For those who don't know what I mean, check what happens when you try to reply with quote to that post and it seems you see my original text that I wrote. Which WAS NOT that Sherwood is a "common chiffchaff" but rather that he was a hypocrite and a coward.

Somebody has sneakily built-in some kind of autocorrect:lol:

Who is calling for Sherwood back?

I've seen posts here and elsewhere where people seem to be pining for the days of Sherwood, even asking "why was he sacked, he was f-ing great" and forgetting what it was like under him and seemingly not realising that he could not stay long-term as his notmeguv character and methods would not have gotten results in the long term.

This is a bad patch; in fact a VERY BAD PATCH; but it's the ultimate insult of the club imo to even mention Sherwood at this point. At least leave it until maybe December at least.

Officially we have the worst home record in the league now as we have lost more matches at home than anyone so far this season ! That is embarassing and annoying ! Even more annoying to lose to a shyte team like Stoke at home ! That is totally unacceptable ! We used to be shyte at home but our home form improved greatly in recent years. To go back to being shyte at home again is really annoying !

Pochettino has to take large part of the blame for his team selections. Don't understand how he can drop our best defender Vertonghen and play error-prone Kaboul and Fazio together. And it was a big mistake to start with the unconvincing Townsend in place of Lamela who has the most assists for us. Even bigger mistake is to keep replacing our most creative player Eriksen at half time.

The players have to take their share of the blame too. Kane should have scored with the header early in the first half. It was an open goal which he should have done better instead of heading straight to the goalie. It could have changed the match for us as Stoke scored a few mins later. We didn't have many chances in the game so to waste chances like that is unacceptable ! Despite his goals in the Cups, it is disappointing Kane is still not as clinical and convincing in the league matches.

Our defending were shyte for both their goals. Lloris should have done better with the long range shot for the first goal. But Kaboul and Fazio should have blocked the shot in the first place. Capoue and Mason should not have let the player walk past them from the midfield like. Rose were at fault for the second goal as his shyte cross to midfield enabled their fast counter attack. But our defenders still should have reacted faster to stop the attack. It was a stupid mistake by Naughton to get the red card. It killed off any chance we had to get the equaliser.

Despite the disappointing result, it was nice to see Chadli continue his goal run. And it was a brilliant first time volley, just like Pavlychenko's goal for us a few years ago. Lamela didn't have much impact but was unlucky not to score with his brilliant freekick in the second half. Annoyingly, Chadli's goal and Lamela's freekick were the only shots on target for us in the second half. In fact, we only had 4 shots on target the whole match which is annoying since we were playing at home. Wish Pochettino get the best out of our most creative player Eriksen instead of keep replacing him early.

We badly need to improve our home form if we want to get back into the top 4 race. Hope Pochettino will do something to get us back into winning ways.

I didnt see the game (thankfully), but when I saw the line up I was happy with it, people are digging him out for his selection but I didn't see anything wrong with today's, from what I've read we were just crap at everything

there is obviously a deeper issue in the squad, I'll be the first to say that I think we have a lot of players whom are actually crap, but the effort I've seen from a lot of them lately (sorry, lack of effort) suggests this isn't just about ability, I'd also suggest that if Poch has managed to alienate the whole squad in 5 months that's really going some so I consider that unlikely as well

Again it seems that when I write the word H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E in association with TS it gets autocorrected to Common chiffchaff"...

I can see the funny side, a little, but mods please look into this as post #556 in this thread is misrepresenting what I say (as does my attempt as explanation in post #564).

Something is wrong on this site (or just my user-profile)

I think it must be your ceti's warbler glorygloryeze, my ferruginous buzzard's seem to be golden oriole today and I've not cormorant any other water rails either

Steff, scara etc. Insult Sherwood all you want, the fact remains that his results and performances were better than avbs and pouches.... I'm not afraid to say it. He ****ed of the the players??? Not individually he didn't he just claimed the lacked character and leadership.... He was correct. He said Sandro wasn't good enough at that moment in time... Well, as he just seems to be coming into form now he seems right.... What he didn't do is c u nt of the fans which are the only people that care about the team , and they and their descendents are what spurs are, and will be... Both avb and pouch did though... Which is infinitely worse than what Sherwood done.... In fact apart from the Liverpool game (which was madness) sherwood got an unvelievable amount of unjustified stick from everyone including you steff, who as Mr positive to every other manager was unforgivable. All the other made up ****, about undermined avb, arsenal tattoo etc is just made up ****.

The quality of the performances under Sherwood remains very much debatable, though this is not the thread for that.

@Squawka: Spurs are yet to complete a single pass inside Stoke City's penalty area today.
B2AWAo_CUAIwx_e.png

Would you look at that! The sideways passing in our own half is magnificent!

Same to you, Sir.

I agree with bolded bit. But will he get it right? I hope so, but I have seen absolutely nothing yet which gives me any confidence that he will. That is all. Over and out.

I am pleased to see you recognise

In future, if that really is 'all' kindly save us all the aggravation and just say that in the first place. Much easier.

:ross:

Steff, may I begin by saying that you area poster whose posts I enjoy reading. I've no desire to get into a fight with you on here. Sherwood cooked his own goose, that is for sure. I was willing to give him a chance , others for whatever reason were not. What supposedly TS did within the club is largely conjecture, who he supposedly betrayed etc. Nevertheless he's gone. It is what it is. I'm sure that we are all disappointed by our recent results in the premier league at home

And to be fair, I think this is as good a place to leave things as they should be left mate. Opinions and disagreements are all part of it, ditto discussions and exchanges. And I absolutely agree that it is what it is, thus was dismayed to see it become a question again TBH. I would never have touched the subject again had it not reared it's ugly head via the posts of others.

Likewise matey, I don't wish to argue with you either, especially not here in 'digital-land' LOL!

I agree the disappointment is high...I believe that when the chips are down we need to try and support through the trouble. Always been my take unless the party chooses their own destiny so-to-speak.

Anyway, appreciate (and agree with) the sentiments of your post with regards to opinions and such. Be well mate.

Only caught the MotD2 'highlights', Kaboul and Fazio were the standout players and not in a good sense.

One thing that didn't get a mention as far as I remember regarding the first goal, wasn't Diouf offside? Not only was he directly in front of Lloris went the shot flew in but it actually deflected off him. Before that, how did Kane not manage to score from Chadli's cross?

Back