• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v dirty stoke *****

Who should chicken_badge's new avatar be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So that is the best you've got! We sold Dawson, who I think it was Neville said was our best defender, and brought in Fazio and Chiriches. Both of them are far worse than Dawson.

While Mason is a reasonable prospect, he is just that, a prospect. Is he really better than Holtby or Sigi? Not at the moment in my opinion.

Neither of Sigurdsson and Holtby were ever anywhere near getting a regular starting position for us in their time at the club, but as soon as they're out of the team we've made a big mistake in letting them go. It's par for the course though, it happens with almost everyone we sell off.

First of all, here's some advice in return. Stop being a troll and a wind-up merchant who only shows up when the team is losing and when you want to argue.

I clearly outlined the brief roadmap IN MY OPINION which explains how we got to the current situation. So try reading the next time.

Sherwood was unfortunately never going to work with Daniel Levy given his complete, and utter, inability to play poker in the press. We will never for sure know what would've happened, though I am of the opinion it would not have been any better and we'd have ended up with some poor players on his watch. But this is all speculation. If we take this as the path by which to criticize Poch, you cannot begin to try and dig out AVB.

Poch identified early on the need to move on players who wouldn't work for whatever reason. Be patient and you'll see more going in Jan/the summer. He also identified that we needed to move the ball quicker; we started to do this. Something has happened subsequently. I would PERSONALLY say we are back to the same chestnut of not getting PRIMARY players requested. Think Schneiderlein for Stambouli, think Muccacio (sp) for Fazio.

I think you deserve a yellow card for the insults, but leaving those (totally unwarranted ) remarks aside, I will respond to the substance of your comments.

AVB and (so far) Poch were disasters. It is no good just crying over your (expensive and unrealistic ) first choices not being signed. You ship out those patently unsuitable to the way you as head coach want to play pdq and thereby create room in the squad for the quality players with heart that will make your system workit aint rocket science.

If we saw any sign of this at all, then I would have some patience but we really aren't moving in any discernible direction of progress. In fact quite the reverse. Would Scneiderlin and Macca improve us? Probably. But Fazio, Davies, Stambouli certainly haven't. So how can you trust Pochs future targets so implicitly with no real substNce to base it on?

Might they be Paulinhos, Solados, Chiriches? Who really knows. If I could see the way Poch wants to play then maybe he would deserve some slack but he really hasn't proved himself in any way shape or form. Sherwood beat him twice last year and as dza points out his record with these players is far far superior to Pochs.
I wish I had your confidence in Poch but sadly I don't. A great coach will get the best out of the players available to him. Has Poch really done this? So many of our players are majorly under performing.

The only way is to get rid of Baldini and give him total control of our playing staff. Would you place all your faith in this man on what you have seen so far?

Brad

Corluka Dawson Caulker BAE

Sandro Huddlestone

Lennon Dempsey Sig

Defoe​

Would that team beat our current team and would they be higher up in the table after playing the same games?

I have selected players who we were happy to offload rather than players who for one reason or another left in circumstances we could not really argue with. I.E King, Bale etc.

I have added Lennon and Brad as they are fringe players now and are likely to be the next ones to leave / retire.

I think you deserve a yellow card for the insults, but leaving those (totally unwarranted ) remarks aside, I will respond to the substance of your comments.

AVB and (so far) Poch were disasters. It is no good just crying over your (expensive and unrealistic ) first choices not being signed. You ship out those patently unsuitable to the way you as head coach want to play pdq and thereby create room in the squad for the quality players with heart that will make your system workit aint rocket science.

If we saw any sign of this at all, then I would have some patience but we really aren't moving in any discernible direction of progress. In fact quite the reverse. Would Scneiderlin and Macca improve us? Probably. But Fazio, Davies, Stambouli certainly haven't. So how can you trust Pochs future targets so implicitly with no real substNce to base it on?

Might they be Paulinhos, Solados, Chiriches? Who really knows. If I could see the way Poch wants to play then maybe he would deserve some slack but he really hasn't proved himself in any way shape or form. Sherwood beat him twice last year and as dza points out his record with these players is far far superior to Pochs.
I wish I had your confidence in Poch but sadly I don't. A great coach will get the best out of the players available to him. Has Poch really done this? So many of our players are majorly under performing.

The only way is to get rid of Baldini and give him total control of our playing staff. Would you place all your faith in this man on what you have seen so far?

I suppose you're using apologist as a positive description of other posters?

I suppose you were misrepresenting what Steff actually said (he never said it was just lack of confidence) and then calling his opinion tosh as a compliment?

:-({|= (no smaller violin found, this one is too big)

How do you explain why, given this enormous achievement and the many achievements Sherwood achieved (ignoring the absolute kclamings we took from anyone who resembled a remotely decent top 6 side) Sherwood was not retained?
Do you think Levy is sabotaging our club?
What's YOUR explanation for it?
Are we racist?
Do we 'hate the English'?

I think Sherwood was hard done by. Yes he was a complete idiot off the park and in the press which made his position untenable at the end.

However if you were to look at what he actually achieved on the pitch and ignore everything else, then he achieved the following:

Best win percentage and scoring goals again after the AVB turgidity. He had to deal with a chronic injury crisis in defence. He never had a pre season. He never brought in a single new player. He gave opportunities to Bentelab and Kane. He even got Ade firing again ( albeit briefly) in a non contract season.

All those achievements are significantly better than Poch has achieved with none of the advantages he has had ( A full pre season, four new players, no significant injuries of the scale TS had) and a bigger squad of players to chose from each week.

Oh and we are still getting tinker by the big teams!

Back home from the match.

Thanks again Spurs for f#cking up another perfectly good weekend. Worryingly the performances seem to be getting worse not better. I've said it before and I will say it again, we are going to be in a dogfight pretty soon, I just hope the players have got the stomach for it, because I am pretty sure QPR,Burnley and Leicester's will be up for it, what they lack in skill they will make up for it in heart.

If the result wasnt bad enough I had to listens to two macarons sat behind call every player a w#nker everytime they misplaced a pass, and apparantly if we didnt win today they were going to start supporting Chelsea from tomorrow ](*,)

So maybe the only positive from today's defeat is there will be two less kn@bheads in the stadium next home match....

First of all, I'll take your 'yellow card' as I am u afraid to own up to my portion. You want to take responsibility for the provocation? I won't hold my breath.

I wont judge Pochettino yet because I am not a supporter of knee-jerk, 'must have it all now' ****k culture. I have given you my opinions and you disagree. Marvelous. Enjoy. I don't care. You wanted Sherwood to stay, and as such, I suspect you are currently out of the shadows because Pochettino is having a tough time.

Thus really, this conversation must come to an end. You want to debate a point of opinion to a right/wrong ending because you sense the chance to claim a 'victory'. That's how I see it anyway.

So I'll tell you what. Here's your 'victory'...Pirate 55 is right and anyone who remotely tries to view the current situation with a wider perspective is a mug.

That's because people don't gauge that sometimes a player needs a fresh start for whatever reason. In Sig's case this was clearly obvious. He had talent but the fit wasn't right for whatever reason. I haven't been as ****ed off by knee jerkers for a long time Jordy. I am grimacing through these performances right now, but some of the patella-cracking is pathetic! Symptomatic of a 'me me now now' culture which is sadly becoming a football (and society) pandemic! I wonder how some of these 'experts' felt about Bale in his first two seasons? Tossers.

You, Sir, are a warrior. If you care to take the time, I would gladly read your perspective on the current situation as yours is an opinion I trust...

First of all, I'll take your 'yellow card' as I am u afraid to own up to my portion. You want to take responsibility for the provocation? I won't hold my breath.

I wont judge Pochettino yet because I am not a supporter of knee-jerk, 'must have it all now' ****k culture. I have given you my opinions and you disagree. Marvelous. Enjoy. I don't care. You wanted Sherwood to stay, and as such, I suspect you are currently out of the shadows because Pochettino is having a tough time.

Thus really, this conversation must come to an end. You want to debate a point of opinion to a right/wrong ending because you sense the chance to claim a 'victory'. That's how I see it anyway.

So I'll tell you what. Here's your 'victory'...Pirate 55 is right and anyone who remotely tries to view the current situation with a wider perspective is a mug.

I want Poch to be given time, but I do think it is worth highlighting Sherwood's league record as it's basically the same group of players. The football we are playing these last couple of games is quite ragged, as it was under Sherwood, we just aren't scoring the goals (perhaps due to not having an on-form Adebayor).

No "victory" required ....or even sought. I just fail to see what the Poch disciples see? Just asking to be educated that's all. I apologise if you think that is provocative. I am not calling for him to be sacked, I just want him to "bring back the good times" as Dubai called for in the first post on his thread.

Btw, as I said, Sherwoods position was untenable at the end.

Haha... I never said I was a 'disciple' and if not jumping on the bloke right now makes me an 'apologist' then we have differing definitions ...I just feel these 'conversations' work so much better when they are exchanged throughout a period of time and not just when the ****e hits the fan. I offered my perspective, you disagreed. I could further say that he has been unable play his high pressing game recently because he has come across a squad who are in Europe and also have a fair amount of internationals to deal
with, thus he is learning who he can rotate and rely upon. His style versus a 4-4-2 requires high fitness and endeavor. We shal see. Perhaps some supporters deserve the Tony Pulis they seem to crave???

Haha... I never said I was a 'disciple' and if not jumping on the bloke right now makes me an 'apologist' then we have differing definitions ...I just feel these 'conversations' work so much better when they are exchanged throughout a period of time and not just when the ****e hits the fan. I offered my perspective, you disagreed. I could further say that he has been unable play his high pressing game recently because he has come across a squad who are in Europe and also have a fair amount of internationals to deal
with, thus he is learning who he can rotate and rely upon. His style versus a 4-4-2 requires high fitness and endeavor. We shal see. Perhaps some supporters deserve the Tony Pulis they seem to crave???

Against Arsenal (mainly 1st half) we played a 442 with Chadli and Ade upfront, 2 solid banks of four behind. I think it was one of our best performances of the season and, had we been more ruthless with our chances, we'd have won the game by a couple. I think Poch should use this as his default system, at least until he can get players who are of the type that would make his preferred style work. The last two league performances have been awful, particularly from a defensive standpoint.

If pulis comes in and sorts out this shower, gets us competing for top 4 again what's the problem?

Watching the first goal again, I think Townsend needs to take a portion of the blame. He was originally marking Bojan but after the lad passed the ball Townsend just ball watched and didn't follow the man.

Damn even Shearer can see the issues at Spurs and the guy typically spouts nonsense. Dark times ahead.

We shall indeed. I seem to remember your undiluted optimism in the AVB era as well as your quick and vitriolic "knee jerking" against Sherwood. But hey ho.

All I want is a manager who is a proven winner who will inspire his team through strength of personality. Is Poch either of these? Can he bring back the good times? We will see.

We shall indeed. I seem to remember your undiluted optimism in the AVB era as well as your quick and vitriolic "knee jerking" against Sherwood. But hey ho.

All I want is a manager who is a proven winner who will inspire his team through strength of personality. Is Poch either of these? Can he bring back the good times? We will see.

I must say that I was amazed by the vitriol against Sherwood, from the very day he was appointed, Worm Tongue , YTS etc. Yet if you mildly question Poch's tenure so far we get leapt on by some of Sherwood's biggest critics. So far, and I'm making it clear that it is early days Poch has really failed to impress, whats that now 4 prem home defeats in 5?? Imagine the furor on here if Tim Sherwood or Harry Redknapp had posted similar stats.

Back