• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Dinamo Zagreb ***

Now I like Bale as much as the next man, but Beckham scored about a thousand goals from free kicks.
Theres no doubt Beckham was brill at free kicks. Actually I remember Bale scoring 2 incredible goals from midfield against Russia..really world class strikes!
this was just before we signed him! Anyway I knew we had some player on our hands...but, everytime he played for us we just could not win,if you remember he was playing left back. Maybe some statician could count the difference between Bale and Beckham...mind Renaldo would have taken most free kicks for Real M.
What a shame we lost him and Luka to Madrid..Anyway..thats the luck of Spurs....

Job done, 3 goals would have been perfect, but clean sheet was important.

Played a possession game, out passed the opponents by a stupid margin, professional performance.

Believe if we didn't have the concern re away goal we would have pushed them harder and probably got a couple more.

5 on the bounce, 6 out of last 7 .. form at last?

Bale should take the free kicks.He is incidently as good as Beckham was probably better IMO.

That Beckham freekick myth is a nice fairytale used by lazy journalist. He scored a couple of special goals and after than the old "this is in Beckham territory" cliche. He played over 250 games for United and must have had 3 or 4 freekicks in his territory a game which at 2% would give in 20 goals, which I'm sure he never did get, might as well say anywhere within 20 yards of goal is in Kane territory. I would think Ward Prowse has a better strike rate but he does play for United so it's not a story.

Back