• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace FC ***

A big difference was we only had one player yesterday who isn’t capable on the ball. Abs even the Sanchez is playing better with the ball than he has before
In the past we would have sissoko, Davies and Sanchez and that’s a lot of balls coming back our way.
Yesterday sissoko came on and looked comfortable coming in to a team in tune

It's a confidence thing, players make run when they are confident of a pass coming their way and the man on the ball get more options, I think it's a bit unfair on Davies I think hes a very good passer.

Yes, over the last few weeks I got the impression they were looking to set each other up to get 'that' goal, when the better option was to another team-mate at times.

Maybe, now its done, the assists may come naturally again, like they were in the opening months of the season, rather than forcing the issue

I thought the same. And frequently alluded to the monkey beginning to grow.

I do. I think fans read these forums, gauge the general feeling, and are like sheep to opinions. Media use the forums as well. Especially with no fans in the stadiums, it's the only way to gauge fan opinion. Saying players don't read forums is like saying they don't read papers.

I have no problem with criticism if it is heartfelt and honest.
Band-wagon jumping is gonad*s, and sadly, generally life right now is about that.
Some players just become easy targets, and it is a real shame. Take Winks. The bloke, probably because he is a supporter!- has been playing a more holding position which is not his game. Today, due to the fact he was replacing Ndombele no doubt, he was able to play his natural game, which was always a quick reception and quick forward distribution. He is helped by the flow, class and intelligence ahead of him, but he has a fine game against Palace, yet there has been next to no mention of it because, well, his card is marked.

I think there's also a real reluctance for people to just admit they were wrong, which is weird. I gave Aurier pelters last season and rightly so IMO. This season? He has been nearly a 180 from where he was, and I am delighted that he has shown me.

Bale? I always knew he needed time and that there was still the brilliant player in there who needed bespoke treatment. The same as Alli (who was never blameless BTW). For whatever reason (I have my theories but whatever), Mourinho is getting a great tune from them and showing that there is more to him than dour do it my way. Hats off (if I wore one!) to the man, because we all win.

Band-wagon jumping is gonad*s, and sadly, generally life right now is about that.
Some players just become easy targets, and it is a real shame. Take Winks. The bloke, probably because he is a supporter!- has been playing a more holding position which is not his game. Today, due to the fact he was replacing Ndombele no doubt, he was able to play his natural game, which was always a quick reception and quick forward distribution. He is helped by the flow, class and intelligence ahead of him, but he has a fine game against Palace, yet there has been next to no mention of it because, well, his card is marked.

I think there's also a real reluctance for people to just admit they were wrong, which is weird. I gave Aurier pelters last season and rightly so IMO. This season? He has been nearly a 180 from where he was, and I am delighted that he has shown me.

Bale? I always knew he needed time and that there was still the brilliant player in there who needed bespoke treatment. The same as Alli (who was never blameless BTW). For whatever reason (I have my theories but whatever), Mourinho is getting a great tune from them and showing that there is more to him than dour do it my way. Hats off (if I wore one!) to the man, because we all win.

Winks hasn't really been mentioned because while he had a decent game he wasn't a standout player. He wasn't bad at all, but neither was he great so he doesn't really flash across anyone's attention. [emoji2379]

Haha, well played. :D

To qualify, I did not want him here this season based on his poor previous season, and he has proven me wrong by being generally pretty bloody good!

I got your point but I couldn't resist such a golden opportunity. To be fair, I think he's proved a lot of people wrong this season. Regardless of his ability, ever since the incident that prompted his move here, he was always considered a bit of a hothead (or another type of head...). Yet, he lost his brother in awful circumstances last season and he kept his head in the game. Assuming the fall-out with Mourinho during the Liverpool game didn't happen, his attitude has been surprisingly good this season, even more so when you consider that he was probably behind Doherty in the pecking order, back in August.

Good post and i agree with you especially the bit about Winks.

Watched game again this afternoon, this time with commentary, was impressed with Chris Coleman spoke a lots of sense and no bias or anti Spurs agenda, he'll be lonely at the Sky Christmas party. I always liked him as a player.
yes, me too just now! Sanchez, my turn to pick on someone, got me scared when he went down early as mateta ran to the touchline and tried to pull it back to zaha late in the second half, luckily it was hojberg (reggy?) got back in the centre and blocked the pass and then offside was given. For their goal, i think toby picked up ayew but sanchez wasn't picking up anyone... and doherty was slow to stop the cross

Otherwise, overall, we played really well, the finishing was clinical and world class. Hojbjerg broke up attacks and defended well again, no sign of 'spursiness' we were seeing in the two games we lost before wolsfberger. Lucas wasn't running around like a headless chicken, his tackles, pressing and interception led to goals and his direct running got them back peddling nicely. Same with Lammy for the short time he was on. Moussssa defended well and showed strength and height also for th short time he was on.

Jose looked happy as we looked confident, purposeful and dangerous. Damn two games coming up, thick and fast. Rotation will keep on going, here's praying the defence keeps on doing well and we keep finishing clinically!

I got your point but I couldn't resist such a golden opportunity. To be fair, I think he's proved a lot of people wrong this season. Regardless of his ability, ever since the incident that prompted his move here, he was always considered a bit of a hothead (or another type of head...). Yet, he lost his brother in awful circumstances last season and he kept his head in the game. Assuming the fall-out with Mourinho during the Liverpool game didn't happen, his attitude has been surprisingly good this season, even more so when you consider that he was probably behind Doherty in the pecking order, back in August.
I think the turnaround from Aurier has been outstanding but maybe I’ve swung too far in the positive camp
The pool game comments are quite key as nothing came out via the club and the comments came via solid papers but none of the Spurs mouthpiece ones.

Last edited:
One big improvement from Moura against Palace was him releasing the ball before he ran into 3 or 4 players.
If he can keep that up it makes the difference between him being a top player and one who destroys attacks.
I'll gladly eat a large helping of humble pie if he does keep it up.

I disagree. While I'm sure the competition has helped to stick a poker up Aurier's arse, I think much of the improvement is down to coaching. In the old 4-4-2 days, FB used to be one of the easiest positions to play. Defend a bit, run up the line when you can, blah blah blah. Now you're expected to know when to attack, when to defend, step inside, press the opposition winger...or their fullback...or their inside forward. I think first season got caught in two minds too much and we all saw what happened.

It may just be that he's "got it", be it from Mourinho or the training ground or just some more experience. He always had the tools -- energy, pace, spring, etc. -- it was just the mental side that was lacking. Whether Mourinho has simplified his game or taught him well, I don't really care!
Aurier was also largely good last season under Mourinho, just a fair few on here didn’t get his role. He was often getting criticised for not tracking the opposition’s wide forward when his job last season was to defend against their full back.

Back