• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Colchester Utd ***

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids

Tuesday 24th September 2019 7:45pm

Lineup (4-2-3-1):
Gazzaniga - KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, Davies - Dier, Ndombele - Dele, Eriksen, Moura - Parrott

Bench:
Whiteman, Tanganga, Skipp, Sissoko, Lamela, Son, Kane

Ndombele seems to be lacking fitness, so would give him an hour.

This team should be good enough to get the job done, but would have Son and Kane on the bench just in case.

The game is live on TV here in Scandinavia, so there should be rivers floating.

Could not give less of a fudge about this game. We'll probably lose regardless of what team we put out.

Gazzaniga - KWP, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies - Dier, Ndombele - Dele, Eriksen, Moura - Parrott

Whiteman, Tanganga, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Son, Kane

1-5 (Parrott 3, Moura, Dele)

Depends on how we lose, if we treat the competition with the contempt it deserves then it will be fine.

I know you only think we should concentrate on winning PL and CL, but realistically there are bigger beasts much closer to winning those competitions so to keep those who we cherish in the team onside, we must win something, just to whet that appetite and keep the motivation to strive for better.

Which other 'top manager' has gone through their first six seasons at the same 'top club' without winning ANYTHING?

I know you only think we should concentrate on winning PL and CL, but realistically there are bigger beasts much closer to winning those competitions so to keep those who we cherish in the team onside, we must win something, just to whet that appetite and keep the motivation to strive for better.

Which other 'top manager' has gone through their first six seasons at the same 'top club' without winning ANYTHING?

probably none, but it’s a relatively new situation, how many clubs have come in from the cold like we have, we’ve gone from no skills to top skills very quickly, we’ve bypassed the phase where they do anything for us

if there are players in our squad who put any value in them, then they are part of the problem imo

Our top four chances have diminished this season, so I think we can not afford this season to ignore the cups as we normally do!

Our top four chances have diminished this season, so I think we can not afford this season to ignore the cups as we normally do!
Rubbish
The usual suspects are having early season blips
The ones that were meant to step up look good on occasions and the falter
We have had 3 of the hardest away games you can get and it’s shown

probably none, but it’s a relatively new situation, how many clubs have come in from the cold like we have, we’ve gone from no skills to top skills very quickly, we’ve bypassed the phase where they do anything for us

if there are players in our squad who put any value in them, then they are part of the problem imo

Firstly, we were a joke, but not exactly in from the cold, if you're talking about when Poch took over...we were a solid top 5/ team at that point but he indeed has pushed us towards rubbing shoulder with the CL elite consecutively which no-one has done before. So we have risen up, sure, but not exactly 'done a Leicester'...yet...

You may devalue domestic cup medals, but you can't turn ambition on and off like a light switch: the kind of player who hates losing a cup game is also likely to be that guy who strives to the last sinew the wrestle a 2nd leg we are losing in a CL cup tie to put us through on away goals because they don't like losing...

Quick turnaround in terms of days, so we could really see the team fly out of the traps for this. Then two quick home games in succession afterwards, which should likely effectively our first 11 at present in both.

I just want a clean sheet please!

COYS

Firstly, we were a joke, but not exactly in from the cold, if you're talking about when Poch took over...we were a solid top 5/ team at that point but he indeed has pushed us towards rubbing shoulder with the CL elite consecutively which no-one has done before. So we have risen up, sure, but not exactly 'done a Leicester'...yet...

You may devalue domestic cup medals, but you can't turn ambition on and off like a light switch: the kind of player who hates losing a cup game is also likely to be that guy who strives to the last sinew the wrestle a 2nd leg we are losing in a CL cup tie to put us through on away goals because they don't like losing...
Then don't play them.

Play the janitor, Doris the tea lady, etc. Just put out whatever it takes to avoid the fines and focus on some stuff that matters.

Win this and we go into Saturday with some momentum. Don’t take it seriously and lose and that stuff breeds through the club.

Get through this and another round and its then the quarter finals and becomes a genuine trophy opportunity. The PL has pretty much gone and the CL is unlikely.

Poch has been here 5 seasons right? In that time He has reached the League Cup final and last season despite a mounting injury situation, we went out to Chelsea in the semis , on pens. That after having beaten West Ham and Arsenal on their home grounds.

Yet to say "Poch dismisses cup competitions" is another popular stick for fans to beat him with. Sure, he prioritises the League and CL over them. Given the much needed revenues these competitions bring in so we can sign the Ndombeles and Lo Celso's of this world, who can blame him? Oh wait a minute, his own so called fans.

That said , I would love us to win a trophy and I think talk of a demise this season is ridiculously premature.

Poch has been here 5 seasons right? In that time He has reached the League Cup final and last season despite a mounting injury situation, we went out to Chelsea in the semis , on pens. That after having beaten West Ham and Arsenal on their home grounds.

Yet to say "Poch dismisses cup competitions" is another popular stick for fans to beat him with. Sure, he prioritises the League and CL over them. Given the much needed revenues these competitions bring in so we can sign the Ndombeles and Lo Celso's of this world, who can blame him? Oh wait a minute, his own so called fans.

That said , I would love us to win a trophy and I think talk of a demise this season is ridiculously premature.

I have absolutely no memory of this?

I don't understand the contempt for the so called "lesser" cups. I mean, if I were a professional footballer, I would love to win *something*. You can only play for one team at a time, and participate in a given amount of relevant cups per season (the silly make-believe preseason cups excepted). I can understand that we as fans look at statistics, history and weigh trophies against each other, but I simply refuse to believe that a professional athlete would think like that, especially if you have won none of them. If so, he or she is only interested in money and have no love for their craft or competition. I don't think that a professional likes to have an empty shelf and nothing to show for his or her prime after being one of the best in the world, in the most popular sport in the world, in what they do. Except maybe Assou-Ekotto? I would assume that they don't give two sh*ts that the league or FA cup is lesser than the Champions League, every top team bar Emirates Marketing Project would have to field most of their first teamers to win any trophy, at least from the quarters on. If nobody does, you have those situations where the likes of Wigan and such win it, which is rather the exception than the rule. The fans may not remember who won the league cup in 20-whatever, but the players who won it sure as hell do.

I'm not saying we should go all in for every cup, but we should approach them with respect. We are not the Manchester United of the 90's and 00's or the Liverpool before them, who won everything. Spurs have won 2 league cups in nearly 30 years. That's all we have. And in the same time won once at Anfield, and suddenly it's Champions/Premier League or bust while we can't beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I really don't think we can afford to be too picky about it.

Need a feel good result here badly.

- Gazza, Lucas, Dele, Dier, Davies, KWP, Sanchez, Wanyama all need the pitch time
- One of Eriksen, Lamela required

I'd be tempted to give Troy (he's in a stupid good run) the start supported by Lucas. Kane and/or Son can sit on bench if needed.

Back