• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City, Sunday 22nd September***

How is resting Paulinho and Soldado who both started on the bench on Thursday rotation?

Surely if rotation is the aim then starting players like Paulinho, Soldado, Eriksen, Walker and Townsend that didn't start on Thursday makes more sense? And if you're worried about next weekend surely starting Paulinho and Soldado today and resting them on Tuesday makes more sense than the other way around?

That's fine if none of them pick up injuries. Problem is, most Championship level teams will see us as a massive scalp and all that extra effort often comes through in the tackles.

That's fine if none of them pick up injuries. Problem is, most Championship level teams will see us as a massive scalp and all that extra effort often comes through in the tackles.

Resting players because you're afraid of injuries because of the style of play of the opponents is not the same as rotation to me.

Since you mentioned Ferguson, van Persie started 35 league games last season, Carrick 34. Probably a couple "Championship level teams" in there.

So we shouldn't play our best players against bottom half prem teams?

Unfortunately, players have to play. When a player is playing, they are exposed to the possibility of picking up injuries. Soldado might get a hamstring injury in trainiing, should we make our best players sit out training?

So we shouldn't play our best players against bottom half prem teams?

Unfortunately, players have to play. When a player is playing, they are exposed to the possibility of picking up injuries. Soldado might get a hamstring injury in trainiing, should we make our best players sit out training?

Not always. If we can (and we should) beat Cardiff without risking them, why risk them?

I'm hoping Cardiff at home will still be a little naive at this point of the season and we'll get to hit them on the break.

2-0 to the mighty Spurs, Soldado double.

COYS!!!

Not always. If we can (and we should) beat Cardiff without risking them, why risk them?

We should. As in, we're favourites and the probability of us winning is higher than the probability of us drawing or losing.

Weakening our side will most likely lessen that probability, even if we will still be favourites.

If we can have a higher probability of winning, why accept a lower probability? It makes sense if accepting a lower probability here gives us an even higher probability increase in another game, but in this case our next league game is a week away.

Best possible team for today gives us the highest chance of more points at the end of the season imo.

Last season, Spurs took the maximum 18 points off the three newly promoted clubs.

We need to be every bit as ruthless this season if we want to improve on 2012-13.

This is the first game of the season im actually really looking forward to (I did not look forward to the **** game).

I just hope we go at them and attack with pace.

I suspect Demele is out which means Paulinho and Sandro in the middle with Eriksen behind Soldado. Id like to star Lamela though although I expect Sig to be on the left with Townsend on right.

Not sure whats gonna happen at left back as if Kaboom is out Vert has to play CB (unless chiichcichichcihcichcicheres is eligible to play now) - so who goes LB? Naughton? could be a weak link

We should. As in, we're favourites and the probability of us winning is higher than the probability of us drawing or losing.

Weakening our side will most likely lessen that probability, even if we will still be favourites.

If we can have a higher probability of winning, why accept a lower probability? It makes sense if accepting a lower probability here gives us an even higher probability increase in another game, but in this case our next league game is a week away.

Best possible team for today gives us the highest chance of more points at the end of the season imo.

I agree. Best possible team for this one. Without playing anyone with knocks.

Apparently a 'hip flexor' injury, whatever the **** that is..

Flexors are a muscle group, which in this case work to pull the knee up. Quite important for playing football! No idea what he's done with the muscles though so not sure how long he'll be out for.

Want best team out for this. And I certainly don't think we should be rotating based on chance of injury.

We have set such a high benchmark so far this season that we expect us to win every match we play. And we have almost done just that, apart from the Arsenal match. We should be beating teams like Cardiff home or away. But it is not going to be easy as Cardiff have beaten ManCity and drew with Everton there. Can see them being motivated for this match just to embarass us just like ManCity. Hope we won't get complacent and be up for this match as well.

Defoe did well to score 2 goals against Tromso. But can see Soldado starting this match. I think Soldado needs to score in this match after not scoring from open play in the league so far. Hope our midfield will help create chances for him. Want to see Defoe coming later on in he match. It will be unfair if Defoe does not get to play after the way he scored against Tromso. Ofcourse, badly want to see Lamela score for us as well. Lamela is supposed to be the real replacement for Bale. So, want him to be successfull for us, just to help us forget Bale.

Without a doubt, all the attention will be on Eriksen. After doing well in his first 2 matches for us, you tend to expect him to do something world class all the time. He seems like the cutting edge we badly needed in midfield all this while. He seems capable of unlocking any defence with his creativity. But can see Cardiff trying to man mark him. Hope he will be up for the challenge. Want to see Townsend and Sigurdsson stepping up their game. After scoring 2 good goals against Norwich, Sigurdsson should try to continue that goal run. Want to see Townsend stop trying those long range shots and try to create chances for our strikers intead.

We have done well to keep clean sheets in 6 out of 7 matches so far this season. Will be disappointed if we don't keep a clean sheet in this match. Hope players like Dawson and Walker won't make any silly mistakes. I think Lloris should be more vocal in organizing our defence to prevent any silly mistakes by the defence. Lloris almost made a crucial error against Norwich. Hope Lloris will be more alert and carefull this time.

On paper, we have more quality than Cardiff and should be beating them without much problems. But as Southampton showed against Liverpool, anything is possible in football. We should be treating Cardfif with due respect. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality to overcome them and get the win.

Last edited:
Any official team news yet ?

Feel a bit nervous about this match. Hope we play well but won't mind how we play as long as we win.

Any official team news yet ?

Feel a bit nervous about this match. Hope we play well but won't mind how we play as long as we win.

Not confirmed, but it seems very likely that Lloris will start in goal. Don't shoot the messenger, pinch of salt and all that.

Super psyched for this, we will carry on our Tromso form and smash these Welshmen... He runs like a Welshman, doesn't he run like a Welshman?

To those of you wanting to rest players in this fixture I will re-iterate that the league is not won v Chelsea or Arsenal but against the so called championship clubs best them home and away and frankly you have cracked it. Play our best team and win the ****ing game.

Back