• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City, Sunday 22nd September***

Caulker could be a key figure...sort of hoping he does a 'half-Shelvey' and implodes...PERSONALLY I think he will bury a set-piece for them but slip up badly in some way or another...but he will absolutely be a flashpoint of the entire match.

With the run of fixtures we have we should be able to rest one or two and still win this.

I'd give Defoe a start today, give Soldado a rest. Hopefully be able to rest Sandro and Paulinho too. We're a little bare at the back though, may not have the option of resting anyone.

With the run of fixtures we have we should be able to rest one or two and still win this.

I'd give Defoe a start today, give Soldado a rest. Hopefully be able to rest Sandro and Paulinho too. We're a little bare at the back though, may not have the option of resting anyone.

Would expect at least one of Sandro and Paulinho to play, no need to risk Dembele if he's not 100% yet after being stretchered off.

Soldado had a rest on thursday..

Naughton on the left to give Rose a bit more time to sort himself too. Kaboul on the bench, Unless Chirches has his work permit, if so i'd put Chirches on the bench instead..

Lloris
Walker-----Vertonghen----Dawson-----Naughton
-------------Sandro/Paulinho---Holtby
Townsend-----------Eriksen------------Siggy
-------------------Soldado

B- Friedel, Chiriches/Kaboul, Sandro/Paulinho, Lamela, Defoe, Chadli, Dembele

MATCH PREVIEW

In January 1962, when this pair last met in the top flight, Tottenham Hotspur had a magnificent side. Dave Mackay scored in a 1-1 draw at Ninian Park. Spurs were the reigning champions. They were on their way to retaining the FA Cup. They return to the Welsh capital on the brink of becoming a title-contending side again.
They've created more chances than any other Premier League club so far. They've kept six clean sheets in seven games in all competitions. They're not the finished article, but they're not far off.
Christian Eriksen's arrival has added that little sparkle of midfield magic that they've missed since the departure of Luka Modric. He has an eye for a defence-splitting pass and will chip in with goals too, as he did against Tromso.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24098608

You wouldn't think it with the doom and gloom in here sometimes.

MATCH PREVIEW

In January 1962, when this pair last met in the top flight, Tottenham Hotspur had a magnificent side. Dave Mackay scored in a 1-1 draw at Ninian Park. Spurs were the reigning champions. They were on their way to retaining the FA Cup. They return to the Welsh capital on the brink of becoming a title-contending side again.
They've created more chances than any other Premier League club so far. They've kept six clean sheets in seven games in all competitions. They're not the finished article, but they're not far off.
Christian Eriksen's arrival has added that little sparkle of midfield magic that they've missed since the departure of Luka Modric. He has an eye for a defence-splitting pass and will chip in with goals too, as he did against Tromso.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24098608

You wouldn't think it with the doom and gloom in here sometimes.

A lot of pot-shots in that I bet though. Is there some sort of stat for clear-cut chances? I know they do 'key passes' on some sites.

No good creating a bundle of chances if they are all half-chances.

At least now we have Eriksen and Holtby is gaining match sharpness.

There's still a chance I could get to this game, in the Cardiff end. Being from SOuth Wales I know a few folks who are going, and my mates dad may not be able to make it. Would be my second game in with the City fans, (last time was the 0-0 at Ninian Park!) hopefully we'll bag a couple this time....

Why is everybody leaving Rose out of their lineup? Didn't AVB say all three would be ready for the match?

Why is everybody leaving Rose out of their lineup? Didn't AVB say all three would be ready for the match?

Because we have a match on Tuesday so there is no point in risking any of rose, Kaboul or dembele in the starting eleven..

Because we have a match on Tuesday so there is no point in risking any of rose, Kaboul or dembele in the starting eleven..

You really think AVB is gonna save players for the capital one cup? If he's fit, like AVB said, I expect him to start.

You really think AVB is gonna save players for the capital one cup? If he's fit, like AVB said, I expect him to start.

No, I expect avb to understand that the season is more than just one game and resting players who have taken a knock can be far better in the long run than just making them play because they seem 'fit'..

We have a squad, we may as well actually make use of it.

Plus I've not actually seen anywhere that he said rose was fit, he said that he would have a scan and then i've heard nothing..

Last edited:

Why rest Soldado? Makes no sense to me - Defoe played on Thurs, Soldado is our first choice CF and this is a game in our priority competition. Wouldn't rest anyone unless they're injured - play our first choice team today and rest players for the mickey mouse cup on Tues

No, I expect avb to understand that the season is more than just one game and resting players who have taken a knock can be far better in the long run than just making them play because they seem 'fit'..

We have a squad, we may as well actually make use of it.

Plus I've not actually seen anywhere that he said rose was fit, he said that he would have a scan and then i've heard nothing..

"Dembele should be okay. He felt a lot of pain when he was brought down, but now he's steady.

Younes felt muscle tightness in his adductor and we decided to take him off. He was struggling but he didn't rupture anything.

We have to be a little bit more careful with Danny Rose. We hope it's not serious. We have to give him one night to see the reaction of his ankle. He is in doubt for Sunday but he should be okay."

Looked it up, I was under the impression AVB said he would be definitely ready, guess not. If he doesn't start I think I would rather see Naughton play LB than Vert. play out of position, unless Kaboul is fit.

---------Lloris
Walker Dawson Vert Naughton
-----Sandro Paulinho
Lamela Eriksen Sigurdsson
-------Soldado​

Not saving, Rose took a knock and it's wise to let it heal for or another couple of days.

Why rest Soldado? Makes no sense to me - Defoe played on Thurs, Soldado is our first choice CF and this is a game in our priority competition. Wouldn't rest anyone unless they're injured - play our first choice team today and rest players for the mickey mouse cup on Tues

Because this is Cardiff and we shouldn't need anything near our first team to win.

We should rest as many as possible, if not for Tues then for next weekend.

Because this is Cardiff and we shouldn't need anything near our first team to win.

We should rest as many as possible, if not for Tues then for next weekend.

I disagree completely.

There are very few, if any, easy games in the Premier League. Particularly away games.

Cardiff have already picked up a win against Emirates Marketing Project and a draw against Everton.

Look at last season's results, Manu essentially won the league by crushing lower half opposition week in week out - something every other top team failed to do.

Resting players for Tuesday I could understand (although I disagree as I think our priority should be the league), resting them for next weekend seems absurd.

A small amount of rotation is (more or less) always fine, but resting our star striker that didn't play on Thursday and resting Paulinho that only played 20 minutes on Thursday makes little sense to me. Sandro I could see being rested because he's returning from injury, but with Capoue out I think he should start if fit and ready for it.

I disagree completely.

There are very few, if any, easy games in the Premier League. Particularly away games.

Cardiff have already picked up a win against Emirates Marketing Project and a draw against Everton.

Look at last season's results, Manu essentially won the league by crushing lower half opposition week in week out - something every other top team failed to do.

Resting players for Tuesday I could understand (although I disagree as I think our priority should be the league), resting them for next weekend seems absurd.

A small amount of rotation is (more or less) always fine, but resting our star striker that didn't play on Thursday and resting Paulinho that only played 20 minutes on Thursday makes little sense to me. Sandro I could see being rested because he's returning from injury, but with Capoue out I think he should start if fit and ready for it.

I didn't watch Utd much last season but I know that over the last decade they've rotated very well. Cardiff are one of those teams SAF would certainly have rotated for - especially during a busy schedule.

I didn't watch Utd much last season but I know that over the last decade they've rotated very well. Cardiff are one of those teams SAF would certainly have rotated for - especially during a busy schedule.

How is resting Paulinho and Soldado who both started on the bench on Thursday rotation?

Surely if rotation is the aim then starting players like Paulinho, Soldado, Eriksen, Walker and Townsend that didn't start on Thursday makes more sense? And if you're worried about next weekend surely starting Paulinho and Soldado today and resting them on Tuesday makes more sense than the other way around?

Back