• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City, Sunday 22nd September***

Hmm, is that truly true? Perhaps he was involved in those moves, but was he really key to those moves, I don't remember that at all.

I felt Naughton didn't get down the flank at all, because he is really a right back... but against Tromso he didn't get down the right flank at all, from right back, which indicates to me he is not that sort of player.

Surely against Tromso at home there is no better time to show your wing play, but he stayed back the whole game which closed down our right side completely when the other players came inside and we had no width.

For some reason Naughton's positive efforts always seem to go unheralded but I've watched the extended highlights again and if anything was even more impressed. Against Tromso he hardly ever got down the flank, although it was his pass on the edge of the box that set up Eriksen for his goal late on, but against Cardiff he got forward so much he was too often caught out of position, leaving our defence frankly over-exposed and making extra work for Sigurdsson and Vertonghen.

I'm guessing that after the Tromso game AVB told him he needed to to get forward down the flank a lot more and that he took him too literally at his word!

For some reason Naughton's positive efforts always seem to go unheralded but I've watched the extended highlights again and if anything was even more impressed. Against Tromso he hardly ever got down the flank, although it was his pass on the edge of the box that set up Eriksen for his goal late on, but against Cardiff he got forward so much he was too often caught out of position, leaving our defence frankly over-exposed and making extra work for Sigurdsson and Vertonghen.

I'm guessing that after the Tromso game AVB told him he needed to to get forward down the flank a lot more and that he took him too literally at his word!

Not trying to go after Naughton, but he's got to learn to be more composed. Bellamy pressured him repeatedly in the game, and almost every time he did, Naughton made a mistake.

Unfortunately he's a defender, he doesn't have the luxury of 4 or 5 mistakes a game. He definitely was our weak point yesterday, does not mean there isn't hope for him to improve.

Interesting stats. You'd have to think with the number of chances we are beginning to create that someone is in for a pasting soon.

Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Chelsea.jpg

terry.jpg

article-2134895-12C08598000005DC-962_468x364.jpg

Soldado-scores.jpg

29317.jpg

496358433.jpg

mourinho1.jpg

Andre-Villas-Boas-feels-that-Tottenham-did-better-business-in-the-transfer-market-than-Arsenal-Chelsea-Liverpool-and-Manchester-United-this-summer..jpg

30042011%2528001%2529.jpg

Attachments

• 1092081-17354409-640-360.jpg
    1092081-17354409-640-360.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 1122208509-22112009173456.jpg
    1122208509-22112009173456.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
In fairness Dubai... you still have time to start the OMT. May I suggest doing so as soon as the current OMT is unstickied? We need your powers, sir. You or Mumorn.

Back