• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Canning Town Bingo Club ****

The dippers had an outstanding season only bettered by even more outstanding City team. Any other season they would have won the league. They finished miles ahead of us. They beat Barcelona and were at some point the following season World Champions. We, had a midfield pairing of Sissoko and Winks. Seriously Fans need to get some perspective about expecting us to win that final. We were not up against Wigan Athletic. Today those same fans crying about the final are laughing off a loss to West Ham.
We managed to beat €iteh’s record breaking Centurions over 2 legs and had the chance to seal Klopp’s reputation as a serial bottle job by handing him a 7th consecutive defeat in cup finals.

Instead we lost to a (on the day at least) lacklustre Liverpool; a CL final that I’m almost as keen to avoid rewatching as 2012, which was another occasion when Barcelona bottling the semi-final fecked us over!

We managed to beat €iteh’s record breaking Centurions over 2 legs and had the chance to seal Klopp’s reputation as a serial bottle job by handing him a 7th consecutive defeat in cup finals.

Instead we lost to a (on the day at least) lacklustre Liverpool; a CL final that I’m almost as keen to avoid rewatching as 2012, which was another occasion when Barcelona bottling the semi-final fecked us over!
We lost to a team who were better than us, who’s owners had backed their manager better than ours (including with two attainable players our manager asked for)

Nonetheless we were very much underdogs. If the squad is shot now after a refresh where we have brought in Bale, Ndombele, Reguillon, Hojbjerg and Lo Celso, can you imagine what it was in that final? It’s an odd narrative tbh.

Just watched the first goal again. I know people are down on Dier at the moment but that’s not his fault. A keeper with a bit of a command of his area gets that and Tanganga is asleep. Really poor from both.
And why the feck Moura lets Fornals stroll past him instead of tracking back, which would’ve left Dier free to concentrate on dealing with Antonio.

The focus is all on individual mistakes of defenders now so any goal conceded people already have it on their minds

I think those who believe there is going to be wholesale changes in the squad will have to be very patient indeed.
I don’t think they are needed. Ndombele, Dele (yes he is good enough), Kane, Son, Bale Lamela Moura Lo Celso (when fit) will be the envy of most teams in the PL. We need at least one decent centre back. After all VDV made Dejan Lovren look good.

Yup, Moura enters the box beside Fornal and stops and just points at him rather than staying with him. Of the four in the box for the goal, Dier is the least at fault but getting most of the blame.
Whilst he shirked tackling at least Eriksen had the footballing nous to track back when he spotted danger.

Hopefully Lo Celso will finally get over his injury woes in time to increase the footballing IQ of team during run-in, as Moura continues to be a curate’s egg of a player; a shame that he’s let that raw talent go to waste but at 29 years old this summer we’d probably be best off cashing in before Lucas’ legs go.

I don’t think they are needed. Ndombele, Dele (yes he is good enough), Kane, Son, Bale Lamela Moura Lo Celso (when fit) will be the envy of most teams in the PL. We need at least one decent centre back. After all VDV made Dejan Lovren look good.
We need two.... Lovren is significantly better than our starting two today.

Even the West Ham fans can see it.... this from their forum

Spurs looked very, very good second half: if I was Daniel Levy or a Spurs fan I'd be asking why Mourinho didn't start the game that way. Hindsight is everything, but on what we saw today I don't understand why Kane, Son, Bale and Moura weren't on the pitch for the entire 90.

Because the likes of Lamela or Bergwyn or Dele are also top players. They have an absolute abundance of attacking talent that should be doing a lot better than they are.
Mourinho is a defensively minded coach but even he cannot make the likes of Dier or Sanchez decent defenders and that is their problem. Hojbjerg can only do so much to cover them. If they had a vaguely competent central defence they would unfortunately be very dangerous indeed.
The problem is that I don’t see the chairman delivering two top CBs this summer.

Whilst he shirked tackling at least Eriksen had the footballing nous to track back when he spotted danger.

Hopefully Lo Celso will finally get over his injury woes in time to increase the footballing IQ of team during run-in, as Moura continues to be a curate’s egg of a player; a shame that he’s let that raw talent go to waste but at 29 years old this summer we’d probably be best off cashing in before Lucas’ legs go.
He does score important goals. I think he is a very useful squad player.

Another.

I hate Spurs as much as the next sentient being, but it's actually criminal that he's getting so little out of so much attacking talent.​

Even the most ardent Spurs fan would admit they don't have any kind of attacking identity short of give it to Son and Kane and wait for them to make something happen. He's actually rested Kane from a European game to save him for a game against West Ham - let that sink in for a moment - then they barely attempt an attack until the last half-hour. Forget Plan B, they don't even have a Plan A.

Particularly noticeable that, when we went 2-0 up, their players' main concern for the next 20 mins or so was throwing themselves to they ground as often as possible. Sure, they won a few free kicks, but they also had no momentum at all until Bale finally started to sink a few birdies.

As a West Ham fan, you can't ask for much more than the job Mourinho has done there. They're likely going to miss out on Champions League football this year unless they win the Europa, Kane and/or Son will be off in the summer (Son already looks like he's downing tools tbh) and Levy'll be sat in the basement of the toilet bowl looking longingly at pictures of Pochettino like an ex you thought you were too good for, but now you know it's too late to ever win them back.

Happy days.

Or....

We defended better and took our chances. Simple as.

Plus you have Eric Dier and he wouldn't get anywhere near our West Ham team. Terrible player.

He does score important goals. I think he is a very useful squad player.

Careful mate, you are failing to sacrifice the spacegoat, earlier in the season we had to get rid of him because he didn't score/assist enough, now we have to find other reasons he's brick.

For some reality

Two issues, that's it.

- Finishing was appalling, 20 shots
- Two defensive fudge ups ..

36sj4ma1vui61.jpg

For some reality

Two issues, that's it.

- Finishing was appalling, 20 shots
- Two defensive fudge ups ..

36sj4ma1vui61.jpg

That game plays out in reverse and you'd be sat here saying how we done what we had to and let our opponents huff and puff and not create anything of note like you have done several times this season already.

That game plays out in reverse and you'd be sat here saying how we done what we had to and let our opponents huff and puff and not create anything of note like you have done several times this season already.

Yep, and you and others have said, we need to have possession and be more attacking (more shots, touches in the box, etc.), so what does that say?

Back