• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley ***

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You should watch some Italian football
Well my Sky Italia coverage could well of been tossing themselves silly over Burnley's approach...but no speaka the lingo so can't really say.

Better than listening to Tyler and the drone of Alan Smith though. Although their textbook 'oh no!' would have been wheeled out as Eriksen smashed it home no doubt?

Sweet revenge for the 2 points that Burnley took from Wembley with Wood’s injury time equalizer last season!

2C562C63-9B96-4C2F-97DC-B241D0703415.jpeg D0C8369A-3EE0-47CB-8593-1EA06ADCE92D.png

I do understand it, but much like sandman I really dont like it.

Dyche is a good manager, and this was a "back to basics" move from him to try and have his team claw back some form. I get it.

I just hate it too.

I hate when teams play only to spoil, I hate when they play without the intent to win, and time wasting is among my biggest gripes with football.

There is a difference between knowing you are out matched, sitting deep and playing on the counter to maximise your chances, and what Burnley did today.

The difference is intent.

This would all be solved if there were no points for a 0-0 draw. Simple!

Grit. Determination. Patience. This squad has it all.

Fantastic result after a really difficult match.

Credit Burnley for their discipline and defending, but fudge them too for making me curse and raising my blood pressure.

Huge shout out for Skippy, looked perfectly at home. Made some important tackles and kept it simple. Wasn't trying anything extravagant and did his job so well.

Huge credit to Poch and our academy.

Onwards and upwards! COYS

Phew !!
What an anti football game. Very painful to watch.
I think one of our best players was - wait - one Moussa SISSOKO :)
He was everywhere, defending, attacking and everything in between.
In fact, our ONLY shot on target in the first half was a gem of a pass in their 25 yard area
provided by Sissoko - which Lamela fluffed.

Kane, apart from his assist, Lamela and Lucas were passengers.
I am sure that Sissoko haters will find some faults with his game and forget
all the glaring faults of the other players they blindly support. One example was the cross into the box
attempted by Rose that went off at a tangent.
Get your heads right guys. Sissoko has eventually ARRIVED.
Or do you guys think that he is still SO bad, and maybe we should offload him in January ???
Or is it time to admit that your initial assessment was was wrong, and admit it rather
than beating around the bush.
ANYONE bold & honest enough inform to step up .
COYS

Phew !!
In fact, our ONLY shot on target in the first half was a gem of a pass in their 25 yard area

all the glaring faults of the other players they blindly support. One example was the cross into the box
Or do you guys think that he is still SO bad, and maybe we should offload him in January ???
Or is it time to admit that your initial assessment was was wrong, and admit it rather
COYS
Phew, I was only just thinking how this forum was lacking in back-and-forth debates about the individual pro’s & con’s of Sissoko, and that it would be great if someone could start one up... o_O

Solid game all in all. Clearly the better team despite injuries, players rested and a difficult mid week game behind us. Still being at Wembley doesn't help either.

Well deserved win that should have come sooner than extra time. Great way to win though and we kept pushing right to the end.

Only thing missing a stand out attacking performance.

Extra credit to Sissoko and Alli, starting against Leicester, Barca and Burnley putting in good performances with a lot of work. Rose too starting twice in quick succession coming back from an injury. Davies too come to think of it, starting in a fairly new role and doing well.

The ref has to take the blame for the time wasting, he allowed it to happen.
Two stoppages in the first half for head injuries leading to restarts and he added on 1 min.spoke to what 4 Burnley players before producing a card, and when he did took his time over getting the game going again.
Shocking.

The time wasting piece de resistance, as it were, had to be when Hart decided his hair needed drying with the towel he had at the back of the goal. (A towel which must have been sodden anyway). I think the ref might have actually spoken to him then, although as Burnley then decided to bring on a sub (which I don't think Hart would have seen at the time as he was too busy with his head in his towel) he technically wasn't holding up play.

On another occasion Hart actually looked like he was going to take a relatively quick free kick after I think Sissoko had been flagged offside. The ref then pointed out he was taking it from the wrong spot, which whilst technically the right thing to do, just gave Hart the perfect opportunity to take a slow saunter over to the other side of the box and take time checking with the linesman that he was in the right place, and of course the ref did nothing.
Can't blame Hart if he's allowed to get away with it.

And to add to the sins of the ref : when one of the Burnley players had treatment on the pitch, the ref didn't notice that the player just got up and carried on without leaving the field of play, until the noise of the crowd and one of our players drew his attention to it.

Very poor from the ref.

Our xG yesterday was equal to ManCity's, so I don't get an oppinion that we perfomed poorly in attack. Under Poch we often struggle to break up an opposition which sits deeply, plays negatively and only relies on set-pieces in attack. Still we had 5-6 goal scoring chances yesterday, were denied a clear penalty, which is a solid outcome considering our starting lineup and Burnley's awful tactics with enormous amount of time-wasting. Only they are to be blamed for that average football show. Hopefully, they will be relegated after this season.

Phew !!

COYS

I watched in a stream and sissoko was everywhere and played some bloody good football too

He looks so much more confident than ever before and the fact he is so fit is gonna help us in this busy period

Back