• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley *** *POSTPONED*

NLS

Gordon Durie
We can't put this thread off forever....

Sunday 28 November.

2pm kick off away at Turf Moor..

I think Conte will go with....

Lloris. Tanganga. Dier Davies

Emerson Skipp Hojbjerg Reguillon

Moura Son

Kane..

I am still numb after Thursday's performance but let's hope the players aren't..

COYS

I think the team picks itself largely because most of the others are so far short of the required standard

Lloris, Tanganga, Dier, Davies, Emerson, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Reguillon, Moura, Son, Kane

Will be interesting to see whether any of the U23s replace some senior pros on the bench on Sunday

Conte hasnt really shown any faith in players outside the above 11 aside from Romero, perhaps Winks and Gil, perhaps Sessegnon and maybe Sanchez, though Thurs might have ended things at last for Sanchez.

Roll-on January

Lloris
Tanganga, Dier, Davies
Emerson, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Reguilon
Lo Celso*
Kane, Son

*Ndombele if Lo Celso is unavailable.

Big next 8 days. 3 PL games where we should be looking for 9 points, or 7 points as a bare minimum.

Can play our first 11 with some small rotations here and there

Would really lift the mood with 3 decent results/performances and our league position would make us look a far more interesting prospect for players we're trying to sign in Jan.

I think we'll bounce back. We won't underestimate these guys like we did the Slovenian side. 2-0 to us.

Royal Dier Davies
Moura Skipp Hojgjerg Sessengon
Ndombele Son
Kane​

We are playing away, so maybe this is too attacking, but I'd like Conte to move towards something like this. With the current first 11 only Moura, Kane and Son are attack-minded. The rest of the side are defensive. That is 7 players who are not known for scoring or assisting, and only 3 who are. Even if Conte only replaces one of the wing-backs it should make us more attacking. Alternatively, Emerson and Reggie need to suddenly become comfortable scoring and assisting and much cooler when getting forward. With the setup above you have 5 more defensive holding players and 5 more attacking players.

Longer-term I'd also play Tanganga for Davies, or sign another CB.

Today is not going to be pretty with the 3-4-3 which isnt working for us. Im expecting either 1-1 or a loss.

PEH and Skipp do not offer anything near enough creativity for a front 3. A front 3 where in this system Son and Kane are isolated and all we do is pass to Lucas who turns and runs with it erratically. 45% of the time these runs result in him losing the ball (either through poor control or being tackled), another 45% of the time he gets fouled (subsequent free kicks come to nothing 9 times out of 10) 8% he might do a pass to a wingback and final 2% he might play Kane in on goal.

We have to stop the Lucas obsession, he is a good player but has stagnated since joining us. He should be an impact player of the bench and no more.

We wont do anything until we pair our two most potent players together as a two up front, with a playmaker feeding both them and the wingbacks. 3-4-1-2 like what united did against us and what Roma have recently changed too.

Today is not going to be pretty with the 3-4-3 which isnt working for us. Im expecting either 1-1 or a loss.

PEH and Skipp do not offer anything near enough creativity for a front 3. A front 3 where in this system Son and Kane are isolated and all we do is pass to Lucas who turns and runs with it erratically. 45% of the time these runs result in him losing the ball (either through poor control or being tackled), another 45% of the time he gets fouled (subsequent free kicks come to nothing 9 times out of 10) 8% he might do a pass to a wingback and final 2% he might play Kane in on goal.

We have to stop the Lucas obsession, he is a good player but has stagnated since joining us. He should be an impact player of the bench and no more.

We wont do anything until we pair our two most potent players together as a two up front, with a playmaker feeding both them and the wingbacks. 3-4-1-2 like what united did against us and what Roma have recently changed too.

If only we had a playmaker who wasnt a lazy ****.

I agree that Lucas is probably more in the team as a result of there being no-one better, rather than because of his quality, but that won't change til at least January....and we dont have other options. Perhaps Gil could step in? We hopefully won't see Dele or Ndombele start another PL game in a SPurs shirt, and GLC is never fit so its a moot point

We know how this group react after an embarrassing result, especially when the next opponent is a weaker side struggling themselves.

It will absolutely, definitely, be a 3-0 Burnley win.

Back