• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley *** *POSTPONED*

According to the radio they DO have undersoil heating but didn’t turn it on in time. This should be a forfeit. But wait for them to try to spin it as ‘we were concerned for fans walking to the stadium as the surrounding areas are perilous’ and get away with it.

They seemed to suggest it’s because it doesn’t work well with snow…

Same applies though doesn't it? They can't make the stadium safe?

Unless there is a curfew to all drivers, walkers, people using public transport in the whole of Burnley and the north-west in general then beyond the stadium is irrelevant. The issue here is whether Burnley can make the stadium safe by employing enough people to throw enough salt around which they obviously can't.

bet the local Morrison's haven't had to close because of 'access issues in the surrounding area'.

As was said above, Scotland seems able to deal with worse weather much better.
Can't even trust northerners in a bit of snow now!! fudge me that's half the fudging year, guess Covid lockdown was no different to normal in Burnley then. tossers!!

Safety my ass. We're still playing in Norway, where there is over 50 cm of snow and - 15 degrees. Utter farse that it's called off!
Those two things are not connected.
It's about "making it safe" - thats ability and infrastructure.
Britain closes down in general over a tiny bit of snow.

According to my mate inside the ground, their stewards refused to help clear the pitch so 15 THFC stewards were helping instead. Sounds like they didn’t fancy playing today. Goodness only knows why: we are ripe for the taking, especially in those conditions. I don’t want to sound like the middle aged man that I actually am, but when I was a kid games were frequently played on snow covered pitches. And they were bloody brilliant to watch. Always loved an orange ball.

Jermaine Defoe - my favourite ex-Spurs pensioner still playing aged 39 while we sit and watch .... errr, nothing.

Not that he scored, he only came on for last 90secs. Looks fit, though.

No doubt this will get squeezed in midweek before we play a top team while they have a week off.

On the face of it feels like it’s done us a favour, as the hope is more time with Conte and even just a couple of incomings in the transfer window will leave us better equipped. I am surprised he picked Sanchez though, this will also hopefully be countered by Romero being available for the new fixture.

According to my mate inside the ground, their stewards refused to help clear the pitch so 15 THFC stewards were helping instead. Sounds like they didn’t fancy playing today. Goodness only knows why: we are ripe for the taking, especially in those conditions. I don’t want to sound like the middle aged man that I actually am, but when I was a kid games were frequently played on snow covered pitches. And they were bloody brilliant to watch. Always loved an orange ball.
A Paul Stewart brace away at Sheffield Wednesday on a Sunday afternoon always comes to mind when an orange ball is used.

THink the cancellation is definitely helpful for us:
1) it'll likely be arranged for March-May time, so after Conte has had a lot more time with the squad
2) weather cant be colder when we do play them....which probably helps us and our South Americans
3) we should hopefully have signed some players in Jan before we play them
4) we're fresher for the upcoming packed schedule, starting on Thurs
5) get an extra proper training session in tomorrow...and each extra session now is hugely valuable

I didn’t fancy us, so I’m pleased it’s been called off in some ways. You have to feel for the fans that made the journey up, nightmare!

Back