• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton *

Making a mountain out of a molehill. Going to see a sporting event isn't saying that we only have to turn up and win.
What we did on the training pitch would be much more of an indication of that.?

Has South Carolina moved recently? It's not a 12 hour flight with connecting commercial flights, never mind in a private jet.
And he didn't look jetlagged, just you wanting to read something into his performance that wasn't there. He was just brick
like everyone else.

How can you say he didn’t look jet lagged!?

You are a very annoying condescending person.

All of us are not saying he was definitely jet lagged but that its a possibility and may have been behind his very flat performance. You on the other hand are saying absolutely no way is it down to that.

Who do you think you are arrogantly dismissing everyones more than reasonable concerns. You are not some oracle lol. Absolutely far from it I suspect. In fact you appear to me to be an utter bafoon.

Lucas and Bergwjin needed to come on much earlier. Why didn't Kane come deeper today as he often does when short of involvement? Again slow tempo killed us again, our players just freeze in the big moments.
In fairness to Brighton I think they cut out a lot of the space that Kane likes to drop into. They set up really well to counter what we normally do.
It's why the WBs were really needed to provide more going forward.

Well, back on tie coach after another ‘memorable’ day out!
My initial thoughts: despicable performance, bent ref, poor decision to let Kane go to the USA (looked, ahem, jet lagged) and Brighton were the better side and probably deserved to win.

Yeah, the one world class player that we have leaving will really push us forward. Every time he has a poor game this flimflam is trotted out.
He's been the best player in the league since January and the main reason why we are fighting for top 4. Take him out and we are a midtable team.
Not necessarily, we get in 2 strikers who get rotated and are not untouchable. Whats the actual point of having world class players if we never achieve anything? Its all we have ever done as a club since i have supported this team. Things need to change and a whole team needs to be built not built round 1 player, that never works. May well have been the best player in the league since January but you tell me what final, semi final or vitally important game the guy has turned up for? He will never be on the highest level because he hasn’t got the bottle.

We can keep him for another 5 years and still not win anything.

I don't think that's true, we've bought three players on who were starters earlier in the season, the problem today was our big players hiding, Kane has been a disgrace, put no effort in whatsoever, Son ran around a bit but didn't concentrate on the ball.
The three players we brought on were three players who weren't good enough and a big part of the reason why the team as a whole floundered. What we needed today we're good options to swap in as the main plan clearly wasn't working. Winks and Moura certainly aren't that and it remains to be seen if Bergwijn can be either.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

How can you say he didn’t look jet lagged!?

You are a very annoying condescending person.

All of us are not saying he was definitely jet lagged but that its a possibility and may have been behind his very flat performance. You on the other hand are saying absolutely no way is it down to that.

Who do you think you are arrogantly dismissing everyones more than reasonable concerns. You are not some oracle lol. Absolutely far from it I suspect. In fact you appear to me to be an utter bafoon.
Jet lag doesn't last a week and especially in the way Kane would've travelled. He wouldn't have adjusted to US time and would've stayed on UK time so little to no jetlag.
And as for the "bafoon" comment, I'll ignore it...

Not necessarily, we get in 2 strikers who get rotated and are not untouchable. Whats the actual point of having world class players if we never achieve anything? Its all we have ever done as a club since i have supported this team. Things need to change and a whole team needs to be built not built round 1 player, that never works. May well have been the best player in the league since January but you tell me what final, semi final or vitally important game the guy has turned up for? He will never be on the highest level because he hasn’t got the bottle.

We can keep him for another 5 years and still not win anything.
You replace the players that aren't good enough, not the ones that are.

The three players we brought on were three players who weren't good enough and a big part of the reason why the team as a whole floundered. What we needed today we're good options to swap in as the main plan clearly wasn't working. Winks and Moura certainly aren't that and it remains to be seen if Bergwijn can be either.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

One of those players scored a hat trick in a semi final, which unless i am mistaken is more than one of our undropables has scored in all the s/f and finals he has played in.
For club and Country to boot.

Jet lag doesn't last a week and especially in the way Kane would've travelled. He wouldn't have adjusted to US time and would've stayed on UK time so little to no jetlag.
And as for the "bafoon" comment, I'll ignore it...

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please stop talking utter crap. Thanks.

Eh. I'm the first to criticize this spineless lot when we lose, but I have to say, it isn't on them today as much as it is on Conte for being thoroughly out-thought and out-tactic'd by Graham Potter of all people.

It's not rocket science - Potter started with a midfield three of Mwepu, Bissouma and Caicedo, and the defensive solidity of those three locked down the middle and also kept Kane and Son both relentlessly marked throughout the game.
On the flanks they hounded us into errors, since neither Emerson nor Reguilon are good on the ball, and it led to giveaways, throw-ins and corners galore.
At our throw-ins, there was an organisation to Brighton, to the way they hunted in packs to dispossess us instantly. On our throw-ins, we seemed lost, just waiting for someone to show.

Yes, Potter is a good coach, but for a world-class manager to be so thoroughly contained by him using tactics half the crowd could see coming is galling.

When we win, we are not world-beaters. When we lose, we are not atrocious.We are what we are, an upper mid-table side scrapping for 4th, with a few brilliant players, some acceptable ones, and some dross.

But we do have a manager who should be doing better with what he has, and reacting to opposition tactics better. Conte cannot be getting outcoached by Graham Potter.

Have we not been doing that? The rest of the team have been changed other than the ones that are?
Most that have come in also haven't been good enough, N'dombele, Lo Celso, Emerson, Reguillon, PEH, Clarke, I could go on.
Romero along with the buys in Jan are the only ones we've got right recently.

Back