• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How is Rose winning the MOM vote? Sure he was decent. Showing determination. But Eriksen was the only threat at the end. The one who didn't hide, who took it upon himself to dictate the game and ultimately win it with an immense pinpoint shot while under pressure. He doesn't always get a lot of love from fans. Maybe because he's a bit cold. Not the most lovable character. But he is one awesome footballer.
Because Rose was constantly the driving force, had a good shot on his wrong foot, that potential goal saving sliding tackle etc Eriksen was poor by his standards, but of course came up with the all important goal....

How is Rose winning the MOM vote? Sure he was decent. Showing determination. But Eriksen was the only threat at the end. The one who didn't hide, who took it upon himself to dictate the game and ultimately win it with an immense pinpoint shot while under pressure. He doesn't always get a lot of love from fans. Maybe because he's a bit cold. Not the most lovable character. But he is one awesome footballer.

I went for Rose because I think that he was our best player over 90 minutes. Eriksen undoubtedly provided the highlight of the game and deserves praise for his perseverance but it wasn't a MoM performance.

Reminds me of the game when we beat Bolton on way to champs league in 10/11.Tom Huddlestone scored a thunderbolt at the same end of ground fairly late on

Ahhhh I remember it well!! I was in the Park Lane lower right behind that as he let fly!!
IIRC the beach balls came out accompanied by rendition of "we're all going on a European tour...".

How times have changed eh. GHod bless Martin Jol for getting us to that next level.

I went for Rose because I think that he was our best player over 90 minutes. Eriksen undoubtedly provided the highlight of the game and deserves praise for his perseverance but it wasn't a MoM performance.

Fair enough. Rose was determined, had the right attitude, tested the keeper and made that tackle. He didn't always make good use of the ball going forwards, neither did Eriksen. But Eriksen stood up and won the game. At the end he was on the ball determined to make the incisive pass or score. And what a goal! Just seems like we take Eriksen for granted. Havn't heard his song reverberate around the new stadium. Yet he continues to be our most important player - even when not playing to his fullest.

Fair enough. Rose was determined, had the right attitude, tested the keeper and made that tackle. He didn't always make good use of the ball going forwards, neither did Eriksen. But Eriksen stood up and won the game. At the end he was on the ball determined to make the incisive pass or score. And what a goal! Just seems like we take Eriksen for granted. Havn't heard his song reverberate around the new stadium. Yet he continues to be a storm trooper mutiny pal - even when not playing to his fullest.

Agree with you. Thought Eriksen was brave last night in that he looked for the ball time and again and constantly looked for the killer pass.

Fair enough. Rose was determined, had the right attitude, tested the keeper and made that tackle. He didn't always make good use of the ball going forwards, neither did Eriksen. But Eriksen stood up and won the game. At the end he was on the ball determined to make the incisive pass or score. And what a goal! Just seems like we take Eriksen for granted. Havn't heard his song reverberate around the new stadium. Yet he continues to be a storm trooper mutiny pal - even when not playing to his fullest.
You can only vote for one MotM but for me it was always a flick of the coin between those two. I opted for Danny based mainly on the fire he showed as exemplified by THAT tackle.

But Eriksen also never stopped putting the yardage in and was constantly probing for openings. Just that until the 88th minute his boots just wouldn't do what his brain was telling them.

Worth noting that was Eriksen's 50th appearance for club and country this season so hardly surprising that at the a***hole end of the season his radar is looking a bit off range.

I always find it weird when people say we were "terrible" in games like last night. When a side plays basically outside their own penalty box in two compressed lines, it is pretty fudging hard to get through them. I'd say baggings on Llorente is unfair. Obviously he has no place starting a match like this, but it isn't his fault he's picked. The key moment came because we showed enough patience to continually work the ball to players who can produce magic when magic is needed. If we'd played the first-half like that we'd have won by a few. These are the sort of games we did not used to win.
Spot on.

Who remembers the numerous times United and Arsenal during the times they had great teams (not anymore;)) would f.ck us all off by getting that late late winner....and we'd think lucky f.ckers. It wasn't luck. It was belief.

That is us now.

You can only vote for one MotM but for me it was always a flick of the coin between those two. I opted for Danny based mainly on the fire he showed as exemplified by THAT tackle.

But Eriksen also never stopped putting the yardage in and was constantly probing for openings. Just that until the 88th minute his boots just wouldn't do what his brain was telling them.

Worth noting that was Eriksen's 50th appearance for club and country this season so hardly surprising that at the a***hole end of the season his radar is looking a bit off range.

Yet his radar was ultimately bang on.

I guess its a question of how you decide MOM. Whether it was the most important player or the one who had the right attitude. For me Eriksen's performance covers both. Despite being tired he stepped up at the end, knowing he had the ability to win it, and win it he did.

Ahhhh I remember it well!! I was in the Park Lane lower right behind that as he let fly!!
IIRC the beach balls came out accompanied by rendition of "we're all going on a European tour...".

How times have changed eh. GHod bless Martin Jol for getting us to that next level.
I was behind the goal that night too with my eldest son... the night we knew we had a chance at Champions League

I always find it weird when people say we were "terrible" in games like last night. When a side plays basically outside their own penalty box in two compressed lines, it is pretty fudging hard to get through them. I'd say baggings on Llorente is unfair. Obviously he has no place starting a match like this, but it isn't his fault he's picked. The key moment came because we showed enough patience to continually work the ball to players who can produce magic when magic is needed. If we'd played the first-half like that we'd have won by a few. These are the sort of games we did not used to win.

Could not agree more mate we were not terrible last night, to be honest i thought under the circumstances we played well. I never thought it would be a easy game, Brighton were fighting for their place in the Prem and i fully expected them to play a packed defense. And they did it far better then i thought and for me Dunk was the best player on the pitch, it was frustrating for us fans but we never got the run of the ball and sometimes you have to applaud they was they defended.

I agree with you, Rose was totally commited and showed desire and that is to be applauded however Eriksen was everywhere and dictated our play from start to finish. He is without doubt o ur most important player and when he plays well we usually dominate games ( as we did last night).

Last edited:
I think it's because he went pelting around all over the place like players used to back when football was simple

No one will be complaining about Chrissy Hughton and Brighton if they play like last night against l'arse and nick a draw. I certainly wasn't when Burnley did it against the blue scum on Monday night.

I thought they defended brilliantly but the ref should have clamped on the time wasting.

I am hoping they lose at the weekend and Cardiff lose, so that Brighton need to get something from the arse game.

It's the kind of game where I think that we would have benefited from Winks being fit. If we started him for Llorente, we can play Moura and Son alternating playing centrally and Winks can sit with Eriksen on the edge of the box switching play. Sissoko breaking between the lines would have been a big help too.

Agreed, Sonny central would've been great. I think Sissoko would've smashed through them last night.

I thought Eriksen, Rose and Wanyama were the pick of the bunch for Spurs on Tuesday (in that order). Jan and Toby also played well but really had just about nothing to do defensively.

Eriksen for obvious reasons, Rose due to the drive that he gave us and his willingness to look to try to get beyond his opposing player and Wanyama I thought did well in mopping up a fair few situations when it looked like Brighton might get the ball back, before quickly giving it to one of our more talented ball players.

Back