• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford

oh the fine margins! Overall good performance. IF we win this competition then we'll have had some fair bits of luck along the way but ultimately will have beaten Chelsea and one of Man U or Man C. Does anyone remember the fortuitous draws we received in 1991 - lower league oppo in rounds 3-6.

Interesting that Sanchez's bad moment came when he ended up on the left side of the area; he played on the right generally so I'm not quite sure how he ended up wide of the left side of the area?

oh the fine margins! Overall good performance. IF we win this competition then we'll have had some fair bits of luck along the way but ultimately will have beaten Chelsea and one of Man U or Man C. Does anyone remember the fortuitous draws we received in 1991 - lower league oppo in rounds 3-6.

Interesting that Sanchez's bad moment came when he ended up on the left side of the area; he played on the right generally so I'm not quite sure how he ended up wide of the left side of the area?
Didn't he miss his initial tackle and follow him across?

What gets me about this game is that, honestly, we could have lost it. That monent when Toney was considered offside by a bum's hair - in a different time, that would he given, we would hvad crumpled and lost. That moment when Sanchez bundles into the back of Mbeumo in the box - he falls over, pelanty given, we concede, and eventually lose.

I can't quite describe it, but it feels like Mourinho has some strange luck protecting him sometimes. Like when we were atrocious and lockdown hit the first time, in all the cup draws (all of them) this season, in the Fulham game being postponed when they were in good form and we were not. It probsbly balances out with the Dier handball peno and the like, but honestly, the number one thinf that's stuck in my mind is that many Spurs sides of old would actually have lost that game, despite the mismatch. Things would have gone wrong, somehow.

And yet they haven't.

Now we go to the final April - either it's Mourinho's chance to get another one over Pep, or his chance to get one over United. Either way, I pray his luck holds out.

Twelve long years. Let's win this, boys. Let's win this.

There is a phrase. 'I would rather have a lucky General than a good one'

It appears Mourinho is lucky.... and good, so it bodes well

That's the thing. Half the time we dont. A couple of seasons later nobody remembers.

All those times Arsenal have won the FA Cup, I cant remember how many easy draws they had, probably loads. But at the end of the day. If we win it, you win it.

And hopefully, come May 1st the drought is over.

Liverpool fans claiming, oh its only the League Cup, but still want to count the 8 times they won it though

He was a very lucky boy that he didn't give a pen away. If their player had gone down, we were in trouble. He did play fairly well that mistake and one high ball misjudgement in the first half aside.

I still think there is a player in Sanchez. But we can't afford to put him in the team so he can become that player. He's too error prone. And he can't work the errors out of his game unless he plays regularly. Would it be worth loaning him out or do people think he just is what he is and we should sell?

It's like bread. It's really fudging bland, but you're chucked full of it since you were little and at some point you just accept it as something you like. It's the same with Chas and Dave for me. If I'm in a pub after we've won, I can listen to it and sing along, but if we're all being honest - it's pretty brick, isn't it? :p
You're eating the wrong bread.

I'm just pulling your leg. We've had the Chas and Dave discussion on here before. I like their Tottenham songs, but not so much for their musicality. I've never heard any of their other stuff, but I'm sure they're very capable musicians. :)
Some stuff posted recently in the Music thread in random is you want to do some catching up?

Very happy with that. Obviously still a lot of room for improvement, but we deservedly won. As I'm sure you know Brentford are a good team, not sure they would get relegated this season in the PL. They have several players PL clubs are interested in, they're a well functioning team and they were well up for it.

We're just not at a level yet where we can play so well that we "couldn't have lost". Had they scored it would have been a blow, but I think we would have responded well. We looked professional throughout.

Luck, sure. But also we were rather good and deserved the win.
Think we were similar to the Leeds game, had a reasonable control of the game and the balance of attack/defence was better than previous week's.

They are a good team, and regardless of how we played, if asked, I would think a lot of Brentford fans would sound similar to us over the years when losing a big game...ie we didn't turn up.

He was a very lucky boy that he didn't give a pen away. If their player had gone down, we were in trouble. He did play fairly well that mistake and one high ball misjudgement in the first half aside.

I still think there is a player in Sanchez. But we can't afford to put him in the team so he can become that player. He's too error prone. And he can't work the errors out of his game unless he plays regularly. Would it be worth loaning him out or do people think he just is what he is and we should sell?
Our conceding problems look mainly to be free kicks, set plays and corners. I'd much prefer getting Rondon involved. Aerially he is very good and he has a John Terry like way of at all costs defending. If there is not the space, I'd swap him on the new UEFA list for Sanchez.

Sanchez has been here long enough and I honestly don't see him improving. 'the b.east' thing is a fallacy (in this league), he has the strength but uses it poorly. He too upright in stance.

Plus there are moments like last night.

Our conceding problems look mainly to be free kicks, set plays and corners. I'd much prefer getting Rondon involved. Aerially he is very good and he has a John Terry like way of at all costs defending. If there is not the space, I'd swap him on the new UEFA list for Sanchez.

Sanchez has been here long enough and I honestly don't see him improving. 'the b.east' thing is a fallacy (in this league), he has the strength but uses it poorly. He too upright in stance.

Plus there are moments like last night.

Unfortunately I agree, he has the attributes to be a top player but his decision making is poor and I've lost count of the number of times he let's long balls bounce, which I think is criminal in a defender.

Back