• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford

What gets me about this game is that, honestly, we could have lost it. That monent when Toney was considered offside by a bum's hair - in a different time, that would he given, we would hvad crumpled and lost. That moment when Sanchez bundles into the back of Mbeumo in the box - he falls over, penalty given, we concede, and eventually lose.

I can't quite describe it, but it feels like Mourinho has some strange luck protecting him sometimes. Like when we were atrocious and lockdown hit the first time, in all the cup draws (all of them) this season, in the Fulham game being postponed when they were in good form and we were not. It probsbly balances out with the Dier handball peno and the like, but honestly, the number one thinf that's stuck in my mind is that many Spurs sides of old would actually have lost that game, despite the mismatch. Things would have gone wrong, somehow.

And yet they haven't.

Now we go to the final April - either it's Mourinho's chance to get another one over Pep, or his chance to get one over United. Either way, I pray his luck holds out.

Twelve long years. Let's win this, boys. Let's win this.

I'm just pulling your leg. We've had the Chas and Dave discussion on here before. I like their Tottenham songs, but not so much for their musicality. I've never heard any of their other stuff, but I'm sure they're very capable musicians. :)
That’s fighting talk around these parts, stranger....

They are musical criminals, trying to produce light British style music to make you sing a long to. Should ape transatlantic musac or boom boom stuff. That Beethoven was brick as well.

What gets me about this game is that, honestly, we could have lost it. That monent when Toney was considered offside by a bum's hair - in a different time, that would he given, we would hvad crumpled and lost. That moment when Sanchez bundles into the back of Mbeumo in the box - he falls over, pelanty given, we concede, and eventually lose.

I can't quite describe it, but it feels like Mourinho has some strange luck protecting him sometimes. Like when we were atrocious and lockdown hit the first time, in all the cup draws (all of them) this season, in the Fulham game being postponed when they were in good form and we were not. It probsbly balances out with the Dier handball peno and the like, but honestly, the number one thinf that's stuck in my mind is that many Spurs sides of old would actually have lost that game, despite the mismatch. Things would have gone wrong, somehow.

And yet they haven't.

Now we go to the final April - either it's Mourinho's chance to get another one over Pep, or his chance to get one over United. Either way, I pray his luck holds out.

Mate, your Spurs insecurities are showing, this game was a strait repeat performance of the match against Leeds, never was in doubt. Both Son and Kane had opportunities before the second goal, the ref bottled it at start of second half (their guy on yellow), we had subs on bench to chase game.

You make your own luck, here's what happens with Jose's sides, most of the time, when it matters, they turn up (something we have failed to do in QF/SF/Finals in the last decade). The draw has been kind to us, but the rest we have done.

But like you, here's hoping he can pull it off again in April ..

Very happy with that. Obviously still a lot of room for improvement, but we deservedly won.
What gets me about this game is that, honestly, we could have lost it. That monent when Toney was considered offside by a bum's hair - in a different time, that would he given, we would hvad crumpled and lost. That moment when Sanchez bundles into the back of Mbeumo in the box - he falls over, pelanty given, we concede, and eventually lose.

And yet they haven't.

As I'm sure you know Brentford are a good team, not sure they would get relegated this season in the PL. They have several players PL clubs are interested in, they're a well functioning team and they were well up for it.

We're just not at a level yet where we can play so well that we "couldn't have lost". Had they scored it would have been a blow, but I think we would have responded well. We looked professional throughout.

Luck, sure. But also we were rather good and deserved the win.

Very happy with that. Obviously still a lot of room for improvement, but we deservedly won. As I'm sure you know Brentford are a good team, not sure they would get relegated this season in the PL. They have several players PL clubs are interested in, they're a well functioning team and they were well up for it.

We're just not at a level yet where we can play so well that we "couldn't have lost". Had they scored it would have been a blow, but I think we would have responded well. We looked professional throughout.

Luck, sure. But also we were rather good and deserved the win.

Fully agreed - they are a good side, and it was a good win regardless of the luck we did have. I hope they go up automatically this season, tbh - they have a new stadium, a bold approach, and they're building the right way.

Mate, your Spurs insecurities are showing, this game was a strait repeat performance of the match against Leeds, never was in doubt. Both Son and Kane had opportunities before the second goal, the ref bottled it at start of second half (their guy on yellow), we had subs on bench to chase game.

You make your own luck, here's what happens with Jose's sides, most of the time, when it matters, they turn up (something we have failed to do in QF/SF/Finals in the last decade). The draw has been kind to us, but the rest we have done.

But like you, here's hoping he can pull it off again in April ..

Haha, fair enough mate - but you can't tell me that a lot of us weren't fearing the worst when that Toney goal went in. ;)

I respect that. I would bet a hundred quid that Paul Simon didn't say that about any of the Tottenham songs though. :p I haven't heard any Chas and Dave other than the Spurs stuff.

I'll send you my email and you can PayPal me.

Back