• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund ***

lloris​
Toby Sanchez Jan​
Aurier Dier Dembele Davies
Eriksen Son
Kane​

Llorente
Winks
Tripps
Sissoko
GNK
KWP
Is Nkoudou fit?

Looking at this lineup the bench does look very thin. If Sissoko and Nkoudou aren't fit we'll have to bring in the kids!

I'm cautiously optimistic for this one, mostly because of all the injuries Dortmund also has. If they were full strength, I'd be hiding under the couch for the full 90'.

Is Nkoudou fit?

Looking at this lineup the bench does look very thin. If Sissoko and Nkoudou aren't fit we'll have to bring in the kids!

I'm cautiously optimistic for this one, mostly because of all the injuries Dortmund also has. If they were full strength, I'd be hiding under the couch for the full 90'.

They still have Aubamayeng who can score at any time. Plus Goetze, Pulisic, Castro and Yarmelenko who are goid players. Going forward they will cause us big problems.

However surely we will attack their weak defence. Shame Dele is missing.

2-2

Aubamayeng and Harry to score

They have a huge amount of pace on the wings, and for that reason, I think Aurier needs to start. He's played in massive CL games before, so I'm not worried about him being overawed by the occasion. If he's not quite fit, you can always bring on Trippier late. Think the rest of the team mostly picks itself. Super strong XI with solid options off the bench (Sissoko, Winks, Llorente).

----------------Lloris--------
------Alder--Sanchez--Vert
-Aurier--Dembele--Dier---Davies
-----Eriksen--Kane---Sonny

Bench: Vorm, Trip, KWP, Winks, Sissoko, Llorente...

Obviously the result is important, but I really think this is a massive benchmarking game for the Poch project. Dortmund is the kind of team we should be measuring ourselves against in Europe, and I'll be really disappointed if we haven't hugely improved since our humbling by them a couple seasons ago. It's amazing to look back at that line-up and compare it with where we are today. On paper, we've come so far, now it's time to prove it on the pitch. Dele or not, we need to put in a performance.

Lineup from March '16

---------Lloris----------
Trip--Ald---Wimmer-Davies
-----Mason---Carroll-------
Onomah--Eriksen--Sonny
-------Chadli------

Ahh .. Dele suspension, yes, agreed, Son & Dembele in.
Either that or Dembele in and Son on the bench if we want to be more solid.

Aurier is possible, but I think Trippier is still more likely. Could also see Sanchez given a bit more time to settle before starting a high profile game like this.

They still have Aubamayeng who can score at any time. Plus Goetze, Pulisic, Castro and Yarmelenko who are goid players. Going forward they will cause us big problems.

However surely we will attack their weak defence. Shame Dele is missing.

2-2

Aubamayeng and Harry to score

You mean the weak defence that is yet to concede a goal this season?

I expect us to cause them problems.

tenor.gif

-------------Lloris-------------
-----Toby--Sanchez--Vert---
-Aurier-----Dier-----Davies-
---Eriksen-Dembele-Son---
----------------Kane-------------

Not sure Poch will pick up Aurier over Trippier, but personally I would like it despite some risk.
They also miss Schmelzer on their left wing and very young Zagadu should feature there. I think Poch will ask to target this spot.

Don't think we have many other options considering Alli's disqualification.
Surely we'll give them much more fight than two years ago, when we met in EL.

Back