• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was much better, Gary Neville is getting a bigger prick then he used to be. All the ist half he was biging up Villa and running us down, Villa never even had a shot. taco is a bigger macaron then Merson.

Moura MOM without a doubt.

w h a t a n n o y e d m e w a s t h a t h e i g n o r e d t h e f a c t t h a t t h e f o u r h a d n e v e r p l a y e d t o g e t h e r a s a u n I t b e f o r e a n d 3 o f t h e m o n l y h a d 3 2 a p p e a r a n c e s b e t w e e n t h e m.

Can we play Villa every time until the end of the season? Just read that in the last 20 games we won 16 and drew 3! Can't be many other teams we have such strong results against.

Can we play Villa every time until the end of the season? Just read that in the last 20 games we won 16 and drew 3! Can't be many other teams we have such strong results against.

Everton used to be a banker fixture for us but not sure if it was that impressive

Well that was a disappointment for many, particularly the 2 muppets on Sky who spent the entire first half slagging us off. I thought we struggled in the first half but got better as the game went on, the defence started to get a better understanding with each other. Despite being crucified by Neville I thought Sanchez made some good tackles and won his headers. More work on the training pitch and that team could gel, obviously Son walks straight back in. Probably pick up 3 or 4 injuries in the next 2 weeks trying to qualify for a competition which may not take place.
Lol yeah it was clear they had a pre-set narrative that they kept hammering, particularly Neville. I found it hilarious when later in the first half a graphic came up that we had 5 attempts to their 0 that made them look foolish as they tried to explain it. Soon changed their tuned thereafter

Well, we do get them one more time this season I believe, we have won 6 on the bounce against them (we are actually someone's bogey team)

Japhet Tanganga and Joe Rodon.

How the flipping flip have these two been frozen out for game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game?

Hats off fellas, brilliant play, true defenders.

When Villa had a good shooting opportunity (Barkley I think) on 83 minutes, just take a look at Sissoko and Tanganga. One just stands and watches and allows the strike. The other dives in and saves the day.

jose Mourinho.

tn4ykfmbdio61.jpg

I'm not sure it's a coincidence that the players who can actually make a difference now are the ones who weren't in the team at the start of the season. When you see Moura, for instance, you have to wonder how Bergwijn kept him out of the side for so long. Having said that, I'm not sure he'd look that good if he had another 10-20 games behind him at the moment.

We've played a huge number of games this season, with little or no pre-season training for the better part of two years of the players involved the last World Cup. That has to count for something.

Also, I hope Mourinho will stick with that back four until the end of the season but that's easy for me to say - it's not my job on the line...

Lol yeah it was clear they had a pre-set narrative that they kept hammering, particularly Neville. I found it hilarious when later in the first half a graphic came up that we had 5 attempts to their 0 that made them look foolish as they tried to explain it. Soon changed their tuned thereafter
To be fair Villa were on top and got in round the back a few times only to let themselves down with a poor ball and thus no shot at the end of the move.

From the period that we went 2-0 up in the game I thought we were well on top and then played some nice stuff. Before that I thought Villa were the better team but badly missing Grealish’s quality.

Decent performance despite a few legs with mileage in them tonight.

- Lucas again, big goal for Vini (10 for season), Kane worked his ass off, Tanganga and Rodon
- Lo Celso was bright for bit then seemed to run out of gas (likely not match fit)
- Better from Ndombele and PEH, still not their best (tired as well I suspect)

Even a small nod to Davies coming on for Reguilon and playing aggressively.

3 points down, international break, at least a less painful sign off to week.
This is not anti Jose posting mate, I like the guy even after this season. But tbh yesterday just felt a bit meh. A routine win against Villa, doesn’t make up for a very painful week. Yes we have had worse in my time supporting Spurs, but every time I get my hopes up they are dashed. So typically Spurs. Just expected a manager like Jose to make us better than this. Trying not to pin everything on the Cup final. You do wonder though who can pick this team up now if Jose can’t.

Better, much better in fact, though that's compared to a very low standard.

Was a potential breaking point that, with the reactions from Mourinho and Lloris after the previous games, quite a few players with a lack of experience being thrown in and a couple others with a ton of minutes in their legs.

Players responded well. Happy with that, but we can't keep blowing this hot and cold.

I'm not sure it's a coincidence that the players who can actually make a difference now are the ones who weren't in the team at the start of the season. When you see Moura, for instance, you have to wonder how Bergwijn kept him out of the side for so long. Having said that, I'm not sure he'd look that good if he had another 10-20 games behind him at the moment.

We've played a huge number of games this season, with little or no pre-season training for the better part of two years of the players involved the last World Cup. That has to count for something.

Also, I hope Mourinho will stick with that back four until the end of the season but that's easy for me to say - it's not my job on the line...
14 more games than Villa I think they said yesterday or basically a 40% more!!!

This is not anti Jose posting mate, I like the guy even after this season. But tbh yesterday just felt a bit meh. A routine win against Villa, doesn’t make up for a very painful week. Yes we have had worse in my time supporting Spurs, but every time I get my hopes up they are dashed. So typically Spurs. Just expected a manager like Jose to make us better than this. Trying not to pin everything on the Cup final. You do wonder though who can pick this team up now if Jose can’t.

My view was decent, kind of expected level but

- It would have been easy to not turn up again, we didn't do that
- Fringe players did their bit

Nothing to get excited about, but got a half a smile at the end of a miserable week.

The manager thing is another discussion, people like simple answers e.g. it's all the players, it's our recruitment policy coming home to roost, it's all the manager. Probably it's a combination of all, Jose needs to have done better, the percentage is the debate.

Back