• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sept***

Re: *** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sep

I'm a bit disappointed Vertonghen didn't pull down Hellenius' shorts and underpants too, that would have made worldwide news and you can't buy publicity like that.

Naah, it would have been a c**k up.

Re: *** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sep

That made me laugh so much in the pub. Got to admire his concentration to still get a shot off with his shorts around his knees :)
Yeah he had to make a decision, shot the ball or pull your pants up, that's what a striker does, try to score after that comes everything else :)))

Great performance & a great result for Spurs.

What a start to the season!

I think this means we are now a 'big' club

A ?..............................................................we need a few more decisions yet our way before we are going to be a Big Club...............................

but we don't need em when we play like this.

Very good performance I thought. Clearly the better team more or less throughout the game, real difference in class shown by our players.

Chiriches settled in nicely after a somewhat nervous first half I thought.

Sandro and Paulinho were immense, Villa were left chasing shadows and then when they did catch up at times they found out that the shadows were actually brick walls that they just bounced off.

Lamela a bit patchy, great at times, some not so great involvements. Talent's there for all to see. Can't wait for him to get properly settled into the side.

Holtby with some great assists, particularly the first one, and a lot of running and enthusiasm to go with it as always. Loved how he started off winning the ball before Villa could get it out of the centre circle at the start of the game!

Kane looked useful, unlucky not to get a proper chance or two.

Some good involvements from Defoe again. Well taken goals and could easily have had a hat trick really.

Should have been
Guess the situation was so absurd that it confused the ref a bit.

Clear cut penalty, I'm guessing the ref didn't see it clearly. It was from a long ball forward from deep so he was probably struggling to keep up.

I thought our 2-0 goal should have been disallowed for dangerous play too if I'm being honest, harsh on Villa. Very poor refereeing throughout with wrong decisions being made both ways, but with the major decisions going our way of course.

Kane looked decent i thought, would have liked him to have played the full 90 n place of Defoe who we know will score goals in these types of games...credit to him though for scoring them.

another good game from Sandro on his journey back to full fitness.

flashes of what the future holds from Lamela.

Holtby looking more and more impressive.

good game from our perspective - even more so when you consider the changes (8 i think?)

Andre didn't half look chuffed at the end. Surprised he'd be quite so tickled.

Should have been
Guess the situation was so absurd that it confused the ref a bit.

Weird that is 2 for 2 with the pants pull downs. Townsend did the full Monty the other day. Who is next?

Andre didn't half look chuffed at the end. Surprised he'd be quite so tickled.

I closed my dodgy stream at the end of the game with relief but Andros should be tickled because he is a vital member of our squad.

I closed my dodgy stream at the end of the game with relief but Andros should be tickled because he is a vital member of our squad.

Andre, not Andros...:)

I just meant that these games often don't mean much in a hard season and cause more annoyance than satisfaction, but AVB was chuckling away when Chadli and Defoe scored at the end.

Fantastic performance, again.

No goals conceded yet again. Impressive.

Reality check on sat?

Yes, when we beat Chelsea on Saturday the reality that were a pretty good team will finally set in.

Has Jermain Defoe done enough to deserve a start against Chelsea?

Six goals and one assist in his 307 minutes played so far this season would suggest a rather definite "Yes".

Wow,4-0. Definitely did not expect that. Long day at work, but good to see us win a domestic cup tie even with our squad players, against decent opposition.

Got done by a pants decision. But that's only covering the buttcracks, we were **** poor.

Just so pedestrian. Like the bad old days of last season. Ruined somewhat by another **** ref, but we create absolutely nothing.

There are just so many **** players at this club, we'll be firmly in the bottom half this season. Absolutely no-one stepped up to stake a claim. Shows that we've made absolutely no progress.

Knew we were out when we were drawn against them at home. We are total **** at home.

Was it brad friedel's testimonial??

Basically just a bunch of plodders with little talent.

Paulinho's goal was a foul, dangerous play. The non-penalty absolutely killed the game.

We've just hoping to be the next Wigan by buying a load of cheap, lower European league tat and hoping we s****e enough points to stay in the Premier League.

Hate to say it but Spurs aren't just looking a top 4 team with their squad but a champion winning team. The sale of Bale was the best thing they could do.

We were finishing 6th while Spurs were midtable just a few years ago.

Now their reserves cost more than our first team. What the **** happened.

I just want to see some fight. We always allow teams like Tottenham to walk all over us.

I wish people would stop thinking just because it's Tottenham, that it's a reason to let a result like tonight slide.

Tottenham have one of the best teams in the league this season and i think they have a great chance of winning the premier league. They got £85M for Bale and sold other players and they have spent arond £130m on buying world class players from europe and south america.

AVB has built an exceptional team and I expected this result tonight, we simply cannot compete with them so i dont mind too much.

You get what you pay for and they have paid for quality. Spurs will beat most teams they play. We are a bottom 6 team and these sort of games and results against top teams must be accepted. Its where we are as a club.

Although Spurs controlled the game with ease, I felt 4 nil flattered them.

Why is everyone over reacting? Spurs had 4 to 5 first teamers playing(Paulinho, Vertonghen, Sandro/Dembele and Walker) we had 3(Vlaar, KEA and Lowton). It was hardly surprising we got out played. The fact of the matter is, for the majority of the game we were competitive. We were never going to beat Spurs. They have one of the strongest squads in Europe. It was a good effort from our lads, we certainly didn't deserve to lose by 4. If we had been giving that penalty I reckon we would've taken them to extra time. Everyone just calm down, we've beaten Arsenal and Norwich this year, was unlucky against Chelsea and Liverpool and played poorly against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We'll be fine this season

Spurs are the new Chel$ki. Giants that can play. Supported by the refs.

AVB is slowly morphing into Mourhinho

Everyone talking about being whooped by the Spurs b team, but it was our B team out there today too! Spurs had a 30m player and a 17m player start that game, not to mention proper internationals like Walker, Vertongen, Defoe, Chadli, Dembele, Kaboul. That Spurs team was real quality!

Fair play to anyone who attended that and stuck it out.

We're so ****e at home. We have no philosophy or identity, no style of football to try and impose on the opposition. Away we're fantastic on the counter. But when the onus is on us, it's just so difficult.

That's because we are a counter attacking team, we sit back and look to hit teams on the break, when we have the ball we keep it deep so their is space in behind and look for the ball up to the target man or over the top to our wide strikers. Style and Philosophy is clear! This is how we have to play as the strenght of our team is the pace and power we have in attack and the hardworking midfield. We could play more compact which would make it easier to play pass and move, but that would negate the strengths of our two best forwards!

Has it been mentioned, that Benteke is out for 4-6 weeks, and so will most likely miss our league game against them in mid october?

Its a big blow for them

Kozak and Helenius are nowhere near his class

Those Villa fans are being way too hard on their team. We had 6 or 7 players out there tonight who are genuinely competing for our first team. They had a proper B team out. Given the circumstances I thought they did ok.

Ed: Noticed someone on that Villa forum saying there were 4,000 Spurs fans at Villa Park tonight. Is that right? Seems an incredible number for a game like that on a Tuesday night.

Yeah he had to make a decision, shot the ball or pull your pants up, that's what a striker does, try to score after that comes everything else :)))

you know the feeling .... when you're on the verge and just focused on finishing the shot :-"

Got back from Villa Park too late to post last night, bog-eyed

Great performance

Thumbs down to Villa fans 22,000 terrible.

Thumbs up to travelling Spurs fans, good atmosphere, great to hear new chants for Lamela, Paulinho and Eriksen

Hands up on my part, didnt quite see what everybody was seeing in the opening games re:paulinho....my GHod, saw it last night. Immense, never gave their midfield any breathing space. Noticable difference when he went off

Well done to Holtby on 3 assists.

Good night all round. Well done Spurs, more of the same this weekend please

COYS

Back