• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

Well, they do have a 1-0 lead from an away game, so they could do that!

I can't say I'm too optimistic before this one. It's definitely doable, but I'm going to take it as a mighty positive surprise if we somehow manage to get through. Hopefully we'll surprise a few critics and play a blistering game. :)

Yeah. The 1-0 means they can revert to type. Sit and pounce. If this were leg 1 they would be encouraged to come forward which would suit us. As it is, they hold the cards.

Nope
They also drew last minute vs a bang out of form Bayern Munich
Their set up isn’t as effective at home as they try to suck you in and counter with pace
They can’t do that at home
Well we will be going for the goal(s) so should play in to that set up,no?

Well we will be going for the goal(s) so should play in to that set up,no?

I’d say so
To me their defence (particularly wife) is a weakness in that their not used to being pushed back
Being aggressive and running the lines can hurt them

Im hoping nerves will have a big factor in this game for them. They are kind of in uncharted territory. Their previous rounds they were the one going away with nothing to lose. But their home form has been pretty bad. So although you can say they have all the cards, knowing that and playing like that when you have bad form in your own arena are another thing.

They will hopefully not know whether to stick or twist. We only have to score one goal at the moment. That is doable. The nerves could set in for them at this point. I just hope we have some firepower. We have lacked a lot of front as of late.

Im hoping nerves will have a big factor in this game for them. They are kind of in uncharted territory. Their previous rounds they were the one going away with nothing to lose. But their home form has been pretty bad. So although you can say they have all the cards, knowing that and playing like that when you have bad form in your own arena are another thing.

They will hopefully not know whether to stick or twist. We only have to score one goal at the moment. That is doable. The nerves could set in for them at this point. I just hope we have some firepower. We have lacked a lot of front as of late.

To be honest I thought their nerves started to show in the first leg.

Like many young sides, while the going was good they were great - but when it turned against them they suddenly looked pretty fragile.

I think on balance the first game was actually very even.

They started really strong, then we made it a battle, then we finished on top. I genuinely think if the game was another 10 minutes we would cracked them and scored.

Of course the prevailing narrative was how the young guns gave as a schooling though...

They're very confident over in Amsterdam. Some predicting 4-0.
https://www.ajaxtotaal.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3209&start=25

They've lost 1 game in 16 CL games this season, have just won a cup this weekend, are top of their league and beat us 1-0 away last week.

We've played 13 away games since January 1st in all competitions, won 4 (against Tranmere, Fulham and Cardiff, all in Jan and then in Dortmund) and lost....9. Our league form for the past quarter of the season is genuinely relegation form. They also beat us at home.

If I was an Ajax fan, I'd be exceedingly confident.

Is it true that Kane has travelled with the squad?

Moral support I assume, surely he isnt fit enough for the bench

Even if he is you can virtually guarantee he will be out of form, hardly ever comes back hitting his stride straight away...

Though having him on the bench gives Ajax something to worry about which could be useful.

With Sanchez a doubt the only real questions are "Wanyama or Dier" and "Lucas or Llorente?"

I think without Llorente we have no real out ball against a press. And he caused them real problems. The key is getting Son close to him for knockdowns.

I've no real faith in Lucas. He'd beat a few players, look good for 10 minutes and then go missing for the rest of the game as usual

He's overdue back now for the type of injury it was, so wouldn't surprise me if he starts.

It's arguably our biggest match in 57 years - why wouldn't you risk it!

With Sanchez a doubt the only real questions are "Wanyama or Dier" and "Lucas or Llorente?"

I think without Llorente we have no real out ball against a press. And he caused them real problems. The key is getting Son close to him for knockdowns.

I've no real faith in Lucas. He'd beat a few players, look good for 10 minutes and then go missing for the rest of the game as usual

I didnt think Llorente offered much of anything really, and his distinct lack of mobility made it very easy for their back line.

Won a few knock downs/flick ons but failed to find a team mate with any of them. Otherwise he was completely ineffective.

Throwing something like Son/Moura at them asks a very different question.

It also makes any space they allow behind much more risky on their part. Also means we can play on the break VERY effectively which will come in useful.

Assuming Kane isnt up to starting (and Id imagine thats the case) Id defninitely go with Son/Moura and the potential to bring Kane on later in the match to change their focus.

Even if he is you can virtually guarantee he will be out of form, hardly ever comes back hitting his stride straight away...

Though having him on the bench gives Ajax something to worry about which could be useful.

He always looks sluggish when he first comes back, although interestingly he didn’t last time where he not only kept scoring but also immediately looked up to speed.

Maybe they have learned something with regards keeping his fitness ticking over whilst on the sidelines.

Would the players have boarded the plane yet and if so how come there hasn't been any leaks!

He always looks sluggish when he first comes back, although interestingly he didn’t last time where he not only kept scoring but also immediately looked up to speed.

Maybe they have learned something with regards keeping his fitness ticking over whilst on the sidelines.

Would the players have boarded the plane yet and if so how come there hasn't been any leaks!

Actually, while he did keep scoring I didnt think he was anything like up to speed.

I would argue he hasnt been for months to be honest (if at all this season).

Back