1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Pirate55, 27 Nov 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 2 Dec 2019.
  1. Alderweireld

3.8%
  2. Aurier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dele

92.5%
  4. Gazzaniga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sanchez

1.9%
  6. Son

1.9%
  7. Vertonghen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

you can’t shove a player out the way for standing still
    Var would give a penalty for that every day pf the week

2. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Milija Aleksic

I really can't tell if you've done that on purpose but either way I fudging love it, never change.

Jon likes this.
  3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

They took my extra S and used it in the announcement on screen

Mikey10 likes this.
  4. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

I would love to see Dier's heat map against West Ham and Bournemouth.

If he isn't the one designated with covering the area immediately in front of the back four, then who is?

5. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Niko Kranjcar

How was Moura more effective than Sissoko against the Spammers, in the same role then? They both scored a goal each coming in off the right side for a Son cross. He did his usual massive covering and tracking back, should have had an assist for Davo's goal had there not been VAR, a shot set up with a Cruyffesque turn at the edge of the box. He also set up Dele for his hat trick only for him to shoot wide and could have had another goal if Harry had pulled it back to him, instead of shooting, when he was completely unmarked three yards out from an open goal (though I am sure @scaramanga would say he would have missed that ;)).

I try to assess a player on his output rather than preconceptions, especially when the latter are often as biased as hell

alekaras and Kenyan Spur like this.
  6. Legohamster

Legohamster Jimmy Neighbour

It happens every week.

If not you would have someone standing in front of the keeper for every free kick.

7. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

sorry your cloaking the air shot that went through to Dele was an intentional assist ???

I’m not anti Sissoko. Hell I thought he was POTY last season but he isn’t a right sided attacker

and their attack right at the very end when jan cleared it... that came from Sissoko not heading the ball first time, letting it bounce then heading it backwards.

And the one that hit Davo would have been a goal for Sissoko if it hadn’t hit him so that was gutting for him

8. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

They do
    Regularly when their not offside
    And on corners
    It’s normal

9. Cochise

Cochise Steve Carr

I listened to Howe at the end of MOTD saying how he felt the scoreline was unfair and they were outdone by two long balls. At the time I hadn't seen the game, but saw the stats and thought he had a right to be upset. Now I've seen the match, I can't help but feel like the man was watching a different game.

We started poorly but from the 20th minute to the 70th, we were head and shoulders the better side. They showed a little threat every now and then but our passing, pressing and combination play cut them open again and again. Had a few players been less greedy and a few others been more clinical Sissoko's third would have been our fifth or even sixth goal. Yes we tinkled away the lead in the last 20 minutes, but up until then we were great value for the win.

10. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

If Alli wasn't on a hat trick we'd have likely got a couple more, imo

11. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Gudni Bergsson

It’s not unfair at all. Maybe they need to learn to defend long balls a bit better.

Pirate55 and Bedfordspurs like this.
  12. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

their chances were poor shots that Gazzaniga dealt with (all be it not as well as he would have liked)
    The free kick was a great strike but they never really threatened after 15 minutes
    It all came in the last 5 mins when they had nothing to lose

what you wouldn’t have seen on the highlights was the restart form their 2nd goal... pure Rugby union, bang it to the corner flag

13. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

TBF the way we took them passes was WC too

stinkfoot likes this.
  14. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

He is
    But I presumed the comments were more about his role being more than that...

15. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Steve Hodge

He's reached that slightly crazed point of a job where he's so under pressure that he's stopped making sense. Happens to the best of them. They started slightly better than us but only opened us up once in the first half, the rest were pot shots.

16. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Andy Thompson

Typical "new manager" game.

You could see the players trying to tune into what a new manager wants from them.

They were trying, but it wasnt clicking for a large part, and so there were lots of stray passes etc.

Looked to me like theyve been working on defensive shape a lot, there were a number of instances where two tight banks of four were very clearly organised in game, though it did leave a huge gap between midfield and attack.

Obviously its stuff that will improve with time as players get on the same wavelength, which leaves me feeling positive, because broadly I thought we played pretty well - so its exciting to think what will happen when we are at 400%

17. Abbeyspur

Abbeyspur Ryan Nelsen

Good win and probably should have scored more. Not helped by VAR decisions going against us throughout the match, i.e. the 2 handball decisions in the first half and the offside player in front of Gazza for their 2nd. Dele excellent and both Toby and Sanchez really good at the back. Midfield still doesn't seem quite right. Not sure whether this was due to the off the pace performance from Ndombele or Sissoko not really sure where he was playing or the immobility of Dier, although fair to say that Dier is performing better with each game. Suspect we will see Winks back for Sissoko for the United game.

Still onwards and upwards, 3 wins and 10 goals in last 3 games can't be bad!

18. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Niko Kranjcar

No - I am referring to the tackle he made on the half way line and the powerful run that led to Dele's chance being created.

If I must be honest, I was exactly of the same opinion as you were when I saw the formation.... Mourinho is making a mistake I thought. Sissoko is only effective in central midfield. But I was wrong and my preconceptions were biased as hell. Playing on the right side, Sissoko was our best midfielder and - as I said - no less effective in the role than Moura was against the Spammers. Some plays were outstanding, not least the turn to set up the shot before the disallowed goal.

19. yiddo37

yiddo37 Clive Wilson

Correct call to disallow the Sanchez goal, should've been a pen for the other one. Their second goal wasn't offside we had a defender nearer the goal line on the edge of the area, may have been Aurier?

20. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson