• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT***Tottenham Hotspur FC v West Ham

We'll win 4-0 and everyone will hail this as some sort of unbelievable result, mainly because AVB wasn't in charge.

Levy will probably think wow, Sherwoods managing ability is as good as his dingdong sucking ability and give him the job permanently.

I know, massive tech fail on my part…macbook user…but click and it will get bigger?

I did, but only after you called us all ****ers... :)

For everyone else:

Happy inducing pictures of penguins taken by the one and only Steff!

21mau7a.jpg

(As far as I'm aware Steff was clothed at the time of the taking of this picture, if this turns out not to be the case I would like to make it perfectly clear to PETA and the NSA that I wasn't involved in the taking of, only the distribution of, this picture)

I did, but only after you called us all ****ers... :)

For everyone else:

Happy inducing pictures of penguins taken by the one and only Steff!

21mau7a.jpg

(As far as I'm aware Steff was clothed at the time of the taking of this picture, if this turns out not to be the case I would like to make it perfectly clear to PETA and the NSA that I wasn't involved in the taking of, only the distribution of, this picture)

Ahhh…top man! Chas & Dave larger than life. They knew. Trust me, I had loads of clothes on, it was warm as 'twas their summer (Antarctica that is) but that was still 0! Final day it dropped to about -3 with wind chill dropping it a bit more. But we got lucky! I'm telling you, these two signal the dawning of a new era!!!!!!!!

Friedel

Fredericks or Naughton
Chiriches or Capoue
Dawson
Fryers

Lamela
Holtby
Sigurdsson
Townsend

Coulthirst
Defoe

Sod it 4-4-2

So, what kind of formation and line-up can we expect from Sherwood in this one?

Obviously very difficult to know or guess as his first team managerial experience is about as extensive as yours (I'm guessing here, you could be more experienced of course).

I follow what happens with the youth team only at a superficial level. Seems to me that a back 4 and a lone out and out striker has been more or less the standard. should have course be that this is an attempt at replicating what was going on with the first team at a youth level, but from what I remember that's pretty much how our youth teams were setting up back when Redknapp was in charge too.

I'm guessing he will avoid wholesale changes and try to get players on the pitch in positions they already know from earlier this season.

The back 4 will most likely be decided more by our injury situation than by the manager. I think Sandro and Dembele might both be doubtful and Capoue will probably end up playing as a centre back again. That means that our central midfield options are limited too. Dembele making a return and playing alongside Paulinho would be my guess.

An attacking trio of midfielders containing Lennon (almost certain) and then either Holtby or Lamela - I'm guessing Holtby, with Townsend or Chadli on the left. I think Townsend will be given the nod. Eriksen could play if he's fit, but I'm guessing he's more likely to be on the bench if available.

Then there's the flip a coin decision between playing Soldado or Defoe. If Ade is fit and his exclusion was due to an AVB bustup I could see him returning.

This is Sherwood's shot. He will play as strong a team he can.
But he will play youths to fill in at the back and not turn to Capoue.

This is Sherwood's shot. He will play as strong a team he can.
But he will play youths to fill in at the back and not turn to Capoue.

He bloody well should. It's a quarter final against West Ham.

Would like to see some team news, not sure who's fit and not. Dawson suspended and Paulinho as well unless we've appealed.

----------- Lloris
Walker Capoue Chiriches Rose
-- Dembele Sandro Holtby
-- Lennon Soldado Chadli

Or something completely different.

He bloody well should. It's a quarter final against West Ham.

Would like to see some team news, not sure who's fit and not. Dawson suspended and Paulinho as well unless we've appealed.

----------- Lloris
Walker Capoue Chiriches Rose
-- Dembele Sandro Holtby
-- Lennon Soldado Chadli

Or something completely different.

Been written on here at least that we appealed the Paulinho red, AVB did say it was likely anyway.

I would be delighted if all of those were fit. Very unlikely that Sandro will be ready I think. Hopeful on Dembele, Rose and Vlad, but doubting that all of them will be ready...

Back