1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jon, 12 May 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 4 Jun 2019.
  1. Lloris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rose

54.7%
  3. Sissoko

5.7%
  4. Winks

39.6%
  1. diego_maradona

diego_maradona Pedro Mendes Staff Member

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

nayenezgani likes this.
  2. Mikey10

Mikey10 Steed Malbranque

Classy post, mate. Cheers.

spurrrr and cruss5 like this.
  3. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

[​IMG]

spurrrr likes this.
  4. Scoopage

Scoopage Kevin-Prince Boateng

5. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

This is the day we have all been waiting for.

In my crystal ball, dead balls will be crucial. If we score from ours and they don't from theirs, we will win. So it has been written, so let it be done!

Let's do this.

COYS.

6. diego_maradona

diego_maradona Pedro Mendes Staff Member

Just keeps dawning on me what this day means. It could change everything. The reference point to our club. Not so much about Bill Nic’s double Winners but Pochs European champions!

Immortality is the word. These lads will be etched in Tottenham Hotspur folklore.

Regardless, we know who we are. We have our identity, we don’t need to pander to these banter accounts and fragile gooners... we are Tottenham, regardless of this result. We are N17. We’ve celebrated together whether it’s Niko Kranjcars last minute winner v Bolton or scoring 2 late goals v Swansea or Steed making it 5-1 v arsenal.

Today is a celebration. We celebrate our history and write a new chapter.

And from today onwards, we win the cup when the year ends in “9”

COYS!

spurrrr, braineclipse and Daisuk like this.
  7. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

8. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Luka Modric

9. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Christian Ziege

Tying not to get overly hyped up. Otherwise won't be able to watch! The City game I was in a right old state. We came through that, and now we have to break down a very good pool side.

Lots of quesitons:

how do we deal with 'pools highly effective press? Poch used to be king of the press. Few teams emulated his teams level of pressing. Maybe pool's is now more sopisticated that ours. Maybe Poch has refocused us as we've evolved? Less focused on the press always. One thing is for sure their midfield and forwards will try and strangle our possession. It is ironic that as a team who press we're not always great at passing around or going long to get around the strangle hold. How we deal with this will be our first test.

Playing the game not the occasion our second. Poch tends to hype up vital games rather than take the pressure off. Which has got us this far. No criticism. Occasionally we don't deal with pressure so well. How will Poch get the players focused on the football, psyched up yet forget the occasion, focus on passing moving, closing, finishing? A fIne ballance. Have no regrets, leave everything on the pitch.

Moura and/or Kane is the big selection decision. Only Poch will know from training. If Kane is fully fit he will start. But either coming on could be explosive. It would be nuts to drop Alli to the bench. I think we need him in midfield.

Then how will we deal with that battle in midfield? Will we bypass it and try to go long? Hard to find time to pick a long pass. Will we drop Eriksen and Alli into midfield to reinforce? Who plays the crucial defense screening role or does it rotate between the CMs? Who partners Sissoko? Winks, Dier or even Wanyama?

Kane, Moura and Son are crucial, all comfortable finishers. We HAVE to take our chances to state the obvious.

The biggest game of our histroy. The biggest game of my life time. Whatever happens I'm happy. BThe determination and hunger is there. We need pure focus and determination and we will raise our game to lift that fukign trophy!

COYS

Mikey10 likes this.
  10. Daisuk

Daisuk Frederic Kanoute

This! 400%. We win and lose together.

11. Daisuk

Daisuk Frederic Kanoute

Taking the first of many bricks today. Its surprisingly solid. Still though. A whole fudging day to go. Let's just fudging do this, Tottenham, it would transform everything.

Ex-Pat Jennings and spurrrr like this.
  12. ringo

ringo Eidur Gudjohnsen

Think Kane should start on the bench, even if fully fit.
    We got through against City and Ajax with Son and Moura. I think they deserve to play, and we need the pace and flexibility that they bring. If we start with Kane it will be easier for Liverpool to press us early and to mark Kane out of the game as he is more static and when he plays we naturally tend to use him as the target.
    Still, Its a tough decision for Poch, and it will be very hard for him to leave Kane on the bench if he is fully fit.

superfaisty and Mikey10 like this.
  13. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Walsh

14. Mikey10

Mikey10 Steed Malbranque

Agree totally on Harry. Liverpool will want to come flying out - having Sonny and Lucas out wide should make their full-backs think twice about coming too far forward.

And Harry coming on around 60 minutes would scare the brick out of them.

Hotshot-Tottenham likes this.
  15. balesleftboot

balesleftboot Øyvind Leonhardsen

Is BT Sport 2 going to be free to air tonight does anyone know?

16. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Walsh

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool will be the best connected final ever, with anyone in the UK able to watch exclusively live on BT Sport.

The final will be available to live stream on the BT Sport app, for small and largescreen devices, on BTSport.com (at btsport.com/final on matchday), via BT Sport’s YouTube channel and for free on Virgin TV
    https://sport.bt.com/football/bt-sp...r-uefa-champions-league-final-S11364002870161

17. ShipOfTheseus

ShipOfTheseus Steed Malbranque

Bit odd that BT won’t put it on a channel for their customers who don’t take a sports package. Serves us right for being cheapskates and streaming I suppose.

Had enough stress at work to keep my mind off this for most of the week but blimey is today dragging. Will be a wreck by 20:00.

18. Daisuk

Daisuk Frederic Kanoute

I can't take it anymore. Heading to the pub. Hopefully I'm not too drunk at kickoff. Best of luck today, lads. Love you all!

Mikey10, spurrrr and salt and lineker like this.
  19. balesleftboot

20. balesleftboot

Has anyone started drinking? im holding off as don't want to be plastered before it starts but think I need a beer to help me relax and maybe make 8pm come a bit quicker!!

Daisuk and Kandi1977 like this.