• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Dons v Watford Town

Very lucky goal that one, after some poor play from us.

Lucky?! Really?! Ok, so the shot was going wide, but we gifted them the opportunity by Pamela inexcusably giving it away on the same flank we had no RB cover!!! Success had a clean run at Sanch (who was poor also). Goal came from that. Could've easily been avoided.

Lamela, for all his graft and recent goals, still doesn't give the ball at the right time, holding on for too long.

Yeah i'm critical, but i hate gifting goalscoring chances away. Make a team fudging work for their efforts on goal

Best set of pens I have seen us take for about 20 years. Shame we werent as lethal in the LC FInal v United that time.

Well done Gazza2 and pleased for Dele on his homecoming.

Its' never easy watching Spurs is it???
The penalties went in, so... But they weren't great I thought. Both of Alli's are very saveable, Llorente's is basically unstoppable, but I think he puts it over some of the time. Lamela's is great if he sees the keeper diving, if not it's just lucky.
Would actually like us to win this cup (it’s still a trophy!) so very pleased we won.

Good anticipation from Gazzaniga, esp. the second save.

Also well done Lamela: injured, worked hard to get fit then found himself out of the team — instead of sulking he bulks up, gets fitter & more determined than ever. He really wants it.

If only our other fringe players did the same.
The run-up from Capoue is ridiculous, so straight. If he puts it to his right it's wonderful, but that run-up, then weakly to the left... just awful. Well spotted by Gazzaniga perhaps, but he should save that (if such a thing can be said about a penalty).

Lucky?! Really?! Ok, so the shot was going wide, but we gifted them the opportunity by Pamela inexcusably giving it away on the same flank we had no RB cover!!! Success had a clean run at Sanch (who was poor also). Goal came from that. Could've easily been avoided.

Lamela, for all his graft and recent goals, still doesn't give the ball at the right time, holding on for too long.

Yeah i'm critical, but i hate gifting goalscoring chances away. Make a team fudging work for their efforts on goal
The decision for me is right from Lamela. Try to hold on to the ball, keep possession, be brave. Don't invite pressure by just booting it. If there was an obvious pass on I didn't see it, apologies if there was. Execution he got wrong, but that happens in those situations.

Basel - how the hell do you win a penalty shoot out 6-3?? For the life of me i can't work out in what instance you'd need to take a 6th pen there???

Pretty sure we only scored 1 penalty (Sigurdsson), so lost 3-1 or 4-1 can’t quite remember.

Def not 6-3 though.

Edit: just checked it was 4-1. Huddlestone & Adebayour missed.

The first comment under the report I found was “This is why Ars*n*l will always finish above Spurs.” mwahahahahaha

Last edited:

Yeah lamela has to some of the blame for the second goal, but he lost at the way line with four defenders behind him and we still couldn't defend it.

Yeah lamela has to some of the blame for the second goal, but he lost at the way line with four defenders behind him and we still couldn't defend it.
Winks gave the ball away in almost the exact same position a few minutes before too...we have started to drop deep and go hot potato when we lead, sure we worked on that when Poch first game so hopefully it will be addressed.

Back