• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT The Mighty Tottenham vs AFC Sportswash

That West Ham 3-3 marked the beginning of the end for me. I really hope we pay them back this season. Maybe it's time we made it our cup final for once, instead of letting them get all excited about playing us.
Should I also start taking all the Vauxhall Novas that keep trying to get me to race them seriously?

So, it turns out I thought I wanted a return to free-flowing, attacking football but in reality, all I was hankering for was a team of kamikaze tacklers.

Is this a Wilson Palacios-style reboot?

I don't think how we played against City is likely to be a true gauge of our regular style

The good news is this is the game where we could have been excused for being ultra conservative, for last line type defending, for not overcommitting on the counter. And we didn't, we denied them space, held our lines well, but we were brave, we committed to counters and getting players in the opposition box repeatedly.

Add a genuine striker to the team (Kane), plus one of our more CM types (Lo Celso), put Romero in CB and give it a couple of months to gel and then we might have a clearer idea of what to expect.

That's because the owner before the last one ran the oil dry and fudged off.
We're blaming Alan Sugar for West Ham finishing above us last season?!?

West Ham finished above us last season because our driver was a terrible fit to drive our reasonably priced, not particularly well maintained car twice a week, whereas West Ham had a driver who was a very good fit to thrash a Vauxhall Nova once a week.

We're blaming Alan Sugar for West Ham finishing above us last season?!?

West Ham finished above us last season because our driver was a terrible fit to drive our reasonably priced, not particularly well maintained car twice a week, whereas West Ham had a driver who was a very good fit to thrash a Vauxhall Nova once a week.
To be fair, our reasonably priced car did have a world class radiator grille up front. And a Sonroof. Just the engine that was knackered, and a dodgy rear end.

City's shortcoming was not having debruyne on from the start.
Sterling...like in the euros... All dash no cash. And didn't want to play with others

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No, City's shortcomings is being unable to adjust tactically to be squeezed in the middle despite having £900M in the squad.

Having to expect a specific player (that most would regard in top 3 in his position in the world) to pull you out of that hole because neither the manager nor the experienced team on pitch can adapt is just poor fudging management, and the fact that some variance of this tactic has now been used, executed, worked and got results for multiple years now with us highlights how bad that is (not interested in the Pep apologists argument, on the day he got schooled)

No, City's shortcomings is being unable to adjust tactically to be squeezed in the middle despite having £900M in the squad.

Having to expect a specific player (that most would regard in top 3 in his position in the world) to pull you out of that hole because neither the manager nor the experienced team on pitch can adapt is just poor fudging management, and the fact that some variance of this tactic has now been used, executed, worked and got results for multiple years now with us highlights how bad that is (not interested in the Pep apologists argument, on the day he got schooled)
I think there's a clear difference between this and our previous wins against them, xG was closer, felt a lot more comfortable, we weren't relying on just a couple of counter attacks - we looked threatening on the break more or less through the game.

If that was us being better, them being worse or a combination of the two is difficult to know. I'm assuming that City later in the season when/if on form will be at a different level. We may be too, but it's more uncertain with us imo.

Either way, great game, great performance. fudge City and the oil they slipped in on.

I was chatting to a couple of City fans before the game. They weren't very happy when I suggested that surely there is not really anything that they can be proud of with their club winning all of those Sportswashed trophies.... and the fact that whichever club the Sugar Daddy happened to stumble upon would now be doing exactly what they are doing.... I mean by a small twist of fate it could've been Burnley, Bolton, Birmingham, Sheffield United, Bristol City, Norwich, Southampton, West Ham or pretty much any other small to medium sized English club you'd care to mention.

I was chatting to a couple of City fans before the game. They weren't very happy when I suggested that surely there is not really anything that they can be proud of with their club winning all of those Sportswashed trophies.... and the fact that whichever club the Sugar Daddy happened to stumble upon would now be doing exactly what they are doing.... I mean by a small twist of fate it could've been Burnley, Bolton, Birmingham, Sheffield United, Bristol City, Norwich, Southampton, West Ham or pretty much any other small to medium sized English club you'd care to mention.

Yep. Had they not already been gifted the stadium before the oil money?
Far from the organic growth we are attempting.

Back