• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT The Mighty Tottenham vs AFC Sportswash

Where to start.

First of all, great to be back at WHL, Took my mini me to his first ever game. I spent last 3 days trying to flog the tickets with no buyers, so glad that was the case. Great first match for him.

The game itself, it looked a real TEAM. I'm gutted we didn't sing Nuno's blue and white army as already see differences and improvements to the team he's making. I backed Jose, I loved Poch, Nuno's the man and he deserves 100% from us.

Nervy start but how physical did we look? I saw a lot of posts about Nuno working 1 on 1s physical battles and that was ALL over the pitch today.

Lastly the front 3 ran their socks off. Moura gets an unfair pasting but he works so hard for the team and when he breaks through the middle even the City defenders shat themselves. Brilliant stuff just buzzing. Won't always be like that but so nice to see our team together and trying.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It was great to be back, getting in was good, lot better than I expected. Very shaky start but team grew into the match. So many players did well and everyone worked their socks off for the team. I dont think it was as tactical as many are saying rather it was adapting to situations, doing what we had to. The crowd were the MoM for me they willed the team on. I suspect Pep will get his free pass from the media as usual, no criticism of his tactics of playing without a striker. Looking forward to watching match tomorrow and seeing how often the commentators mention someone not in any of the squads like the classless idiot who asked Son about the Kane situation in his post match interview. Shame we had to spoil Skys day.

The funny thing is that there wasn't actually much last man defending from ourselves, relatively few blocks on shots as well. Overall we kept them at arm's length rather well rather than struggling to contain them.
It was clearly a defensive strategy for Sanchez to step onto the City attackers and put the tackle in.
If that stays the same he'll be ok, it's when he's turned or, like you say, last man defending, that he struggles.
I liked the defending on the front foot - very commanding.

Love Son's face. Take that!
4000.jpg

More prolonged thoughts

#1. We looked a committed team, after so long with flat performances, and individuals showing up, every single fudging player showed up today.
#2. I don't think I've seen City be stretched on the counter so many times in a very long time, we looked dangerous.

Game itself
- First 15 minutes we struggled with them, after that, got better and better -> stat, City's first on target shot was at 70 odd minutes.
- Lucas & Bergwijn ran like fudging demons, the counter worked over and over.
- Watching the combination of Grealish and Sterling diving like there were snipers in the crowd and getting every call was quite frustrating.

Special moments
- Tanganga having a brilliant game, being subbed and getting "he's one of our own" sung to him as he subbed on far side was amazing
- City fans tried to start up, quickly got a rendition of "where we you when you were brick"
- Whole stadium chants "are you watching Harry Kane"

Back