• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs West London Defence League

There's a strong argument for it being a red which makes what Romero did completely brainless. There was no need and he gave the ref a decision to make.

Romero is a very talented lad but he's going to cost us big time unless he starts to cop on a bit. Talk of him being in the same league as VVD is crazy. He has the talent but he also has a lot to prove.

Romero is a nasty little aggressive so and so! The proper chianti above Lamela levels…

Roy Keane cost United at times, he got sent off lots and rattled many of his teammates.

however his aggression and drive and rubbing off on others was far more valuable than that.

so it will prove with Romero, his aggression is who he is, and what we need.

love him.

It does all sound great, until you realise it doesn’t mean anything unless you win all the games you won last year which we won’t. Or are people expecting us to do the double over Emirates Marketing Project every season:D…..
Beat pool once and we’re up there too
You have to compare to last season otherwise you can’t measure progress

I know fudge all about tactics, so can't comment on that aspect. What I did see, however, is a team that couldn't exchange two passes in midfield to save their lives vs a team that was pinging it around with ease and always first to the ball. Before the game my hope was that we would dominate them. Even if we had lost, that would have me feeling we're a team that has improved from the level of the final third of last season and has a lot of potential to actually push City and Pool this year. Instead they dominated us and made us look like a relegation team. I don't know if it's player quality, mentality, or just one of those days. I'm hoping it's the latter. Regardless, I can't wait for the return fixture and do hope we draw them in a cup for an additional opportunity to get back at them.

It's layer quality and also tactics. We don't actually try to dominate possession. Sure if we play a team we are clearly technically superior to we will have the lion's share of the ball but it's almost by default.

We play 2 in midfield everybody else plays with a 3. Even if we have comparable quality in terms of technique, composure, passing range etc (we don't) the other top teams simply outnumber us in the middle of the park. We play a different game, against some opposition it works very well. Liverpool and City games being an example but Chels were set up tactically to nullify us and Conte didn't really have a plan for that.

I'd love to see more technical CMs in the vein of Bentancur rather than PEH but Conte seems to really trust PEH so I don't know if we will get that fully competent CM until someone like Sarr matures or we bring someone else in.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

There's a strong argument for it being a red which makes what Romero did completely brainless. There was no need and he gave the ref a decision to make.

Romero is a very talented lad but he's going to cost us big time unless he starts to cop on a bit. Talk of him being in the same league as VVD is crazy. He has the talent but he also has a lot to prove.
Last time we had a player who pushed the boundaries was Dele. But Poch had a word with him and made sure he went back to being your typical timid Spurs player.

All the talk of Romero and the hair pull but no one has mentioned Cucurella stamping on Romero early in the game. That should at least been a yellow IMHO. I actually thought Romero might have to go off when it happened but he was probably milking it to get a reaction from the Chelski players. He also had a niggly battle with Havertz all game

I hope he cuts it out with age but I think it's inevitable he'll pick up the odd red.

It's layer quality and also tactics. We don't actually try to dominate possession. Sure if we play a team we are clearly technically superior to we will have the lion's share of the ball but it's almost by default.

We play 2 in midfield everybody else plays with a 3. Even if we have comparable quality in terms of technique, composure, passing range etc (we don't) the other top teams simply outnumber us in the middle of the park. We play a different game, against some opposition it works very well. Liverpool and City games being an example but Chels were set up tactically to nullify us and Conte didn't really have a plan for that.

I'd love to see more technical CMs in the vein of Bentancur rather than PEH but Conte seems to really trust PEH so I don't know if we will get that fully competent CM until someone like Sarr matures or we bring someone else in.

He did have a plan for that. Richarlison said that we had worked on going 4 at the back with him on during the week. In case we needed to change. I believe he said it to brazilian media but ally gold (i think) said it today.

He did have a plan for that. Richarlison said that we had worked on going 4 at the back with him on during the week. In case we needed to change. I believe he said it to brazilian media but ally gold (i think) said it today.
He said it to the Brazilian reporter for the athletic

I'm surprised that was a rehearsed plan, we looked really disorganised defensively. I suppose it maybe just backs up the idea that our CBs aren't good enough to play in a 4.

I'm surprised that was a rehearsed plan, we looked really disorganised defensively. I suppose it maybe just backs up the idea that our CBs aren't good enough to play in a 4.

But we looked miles better attack wise
Don’t forget the game was stretched so it’s natural for the defence to look dodgy
Royal looked his best all game in that set up. Davies and Dier struggled

Formations aside (as that has been discussed already by many), the way they moved off the ball to receive a pass was really impressive. Several occasions they passed round us in tight positions around their own box to play out.

I think this game highlights why many have been calling for a more technical player in central areas - which would give us an option to play 3 in there if needed too

all in all, delighted with a point but on another day we don’t get so lucky with those decisions and walk away with another loss at Stamford bridge
I believe this is a function of spend too. How, much to pay for players competent and fit and smart enough?

What if Tuchel inherited the likes of Sess, Royal, Hojberg, Dier, Davies could he get them to play the same slick football?

I wonder sometimes what Conte who has played with expensively put together high quality sides feels, when he sees the gap in quality.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Two reasons...

Firstly, they outnumbered us in midfield. Our 3-4-2-1 has Kulu and Sonny playing relatively wide. Neither has a brief to come into the centre of the pitch and get stuck in. In contrast, Chelsea's 3-4-2-1 had Mount and Havertz playing much more centrally, to help out Kanté and Jorginho. Hojbjerg and Bentancur didn't have a chance.

Secondly, Ngolo Kanté. He's still world class, simply the best at breaking up play in central midfield.
But we both have the same number of players on the pitch. If they overload in some areas they should be vulnerable in others. I didn't see that. Was like 12 v 11, they had us covered everywhere.

I've said this a few times here but worth highlighting again. The issue with 3 at the back is 7 outfield players vs their 2 and 8. 3 at the back works when the CBs can contribute more than usual.

If we had peak Toby yesterday pinging balls behind their back two and Son asking questions, they would not be allowed to be as confident with pressing in numbers.

So above average CBs is not good enough in a back three. We desperately need a CB with excellent vision and distribution ability to break and contain the press.

I believe this is a function of spend too. How, much to pay for players competent and fit and smart enough?

What if Tuchel inherited the likes of Sess, Royal, Hojberg, Dier, Davies could he get them to play the same slick football?

I wonder sometimes what Conte who has played with expensively put together high quality sides feels, when he sees the gap in quality.

Listen to his interviews. He's said it will take time to close the gap. He's also said that we can't do it this window and it would be "foolish" for the club to just spend money. As we can't afford any more transfer mistakes.

Seems like he is in for the long haul. He said months ago it might take years.

But we both have the same number of players on the pitch. If they overload in some areas they should be vulnerable in others. I didn't see that. Was like 12 v 11, they had us covered everywhere.

I've said this a few times here but worth highlighting again. The issue with 3 at the back is 7 outfield players vs their 2 and 8. 3 at the back works when the CBs can contribute more than usual.

If we had peak Toby yesterday pinging balls behind their back two and Son asking questions, they would not be allowed to be as confident with pressing in numbers.

So above average CBs is not good enough in a back three. We desperately need a CB with excellent vision and distribution ability to break and contain the press.

Lenglet.

Back