• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Spurs vs Southampton

Do people still want to see a burnt out Kane and Eriksen (and Alli) toil yet again, or is it time for fresh legs?

Weren't those players rested against Monaco?

I'm happy to see Poch and the coaching staff make decisions on which players need to be rested based on the detailed data that we collect and Mitchell's team analyse. I think that having invested in this, it makes sense to do that rather than hazard a guess that supports your preconceptions.

Do people still want to see a burnt out Kane and Eriksen (and Alli) toil yet again, or is it time for fresh legs?

-------------Lloris

Walker--Verts--Alder--Rose

--------Bentaleb---Dier

Dembele---Lamela---Son

-------------Njie

i'd go with that except Kane has to play. Njie has not shown anything to get excited about (he's a reactive player at the moment) and i fear him or/and Poch will get it in the ear if things don't go right.

Is worth giving bentaleb and Son some game time so at least they'll be sharper come the thick and fast xmas games.

Weren't those players rested against Monaco?

I'm happy to see Poch and the coaching staff make decisions on which players need to be rested based on the detailed data that we collect and Mitchell's team analyse. I think that having invested in this, it makes sense to do that rather than hazard a guess that supports your preconceptions.

I think they could do with a proper fortnight 'winter break'. Like all the other top players in the continent get.

Their toiling and regression over the past few weeks has been painful to watch

I think they could do with a proper fortnight 'winter break'. Like all the other top players in the continent get.

You think that based on nothing other than observation thought and it conveniently fits with something you have been arguing for for some time. We've spent a fair bit of money and effort bringing people in to provide solid analysis and data to help the coaching staff make more informed decisions. Poch has shown far more willingness to rotate this year than last. I trust him to make the right decisions for the short and long term interests of the team and performances.

SL-liebherr0_2793784b.jpg

She does have a lot of money...

what is that? League of Gentlemen secret set shot?

This may be a first - I agree with GB!!!! At least partly ;) .

In an ideal world, if we had a direct replacement for Kane, I would certainly rest him, together with Eriksen. Both have been toiling badly recently and one weeks rest is not seemingly enough to get them firing on all cylinders. Dier also looked really sluggish against Toon, especially in the second half when he was too often caught in possession.

You think that based on nothing other than observation thought and it conveniently fits with something you have been arguing for for some time. We've spent a fair bit of money and effort bringing people in to provide solid analysis and data to help the coaching staff make more informed decisions. Poch has shown far more willingness to rotate this year than last. I trust him to make the right decisions for the short and long term interests of the team and performances.

Trusting Poch does not negate the ability to have an opinion on team selection.

Trusting Poch does not negate the ability to have an opinion on team selection.

Of course but arbitrarily picking a few players and saying that they need to be rested above others when we do not have any information other than observation to support that seems a little silly to me.

Of course but arbitrarily picking a few players and saying that they need to be rested above others when we do not have any information other than observation to support that seems a little silly to me.

And over reliance on statistical analysis to the detriment of simple observation seems equally silly to me. The game is all about opinions. If it were just about algopops, stamina, miles run etc then there would be no place for judgement and boards like this would cease to have any function.

Our wide players (FBs and WFs) have been quite heavily rotated all season. Kane, Dier and the CBs are the 4 who have played almost every minute

Eriksen needs to be dropped as he has been pony for games now
Can't do that Marky, no, no, no ... in a game, there'll be a free-kick, he steps up after pulling out of a thousand 50:50 challenges, then stroke the winning goal for us ! All would be forgiven. The Gods would be smiling !

1378938692-national-march-against-the-badger-cull_2111415.jpg

Agree regarding Eriksen. Hasn't looked good lately. Maybe he needs a rest. Onomah to start. Hopefully Dembele can play a part too.

Can't do that Marky, no, no, no ... in a game, there'll be a free-kick, he steps up after pulling out of a thousand 50:50 challenges, then stroke the winning goal for us ! All would be forgiven. The Gods would be smiling !

Could equally be a 'schoolboys' own stuff' moment by Onomah. Sliding doors.

Back