• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT SPURS vs Soton***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quite cute on how Ward -Prowse moved his free kick at least 12 yards on from where the foul was committed....not one single soul pointed that one out,even the ref fell for it.If taken from the right place it would have been a chip in the box not a shot.
(Someone can find it on some facebook page and embed it here!!)

Quite cute on how Ward -Prowse moved his free kick at least 12 yards on from where the foul was committed....not one single soul pointed that one out,even the ref fell for it.If taken from the right place it would have been a chip in the box not a shot.

Knowing Poch, this would've tinkled him off more than anything as SOMEONE out there needed to see that. I cannot help but think Lamela is the sort of player who sees that and complains about it. We simply looked like we were in a stupor second-half yesterday...

Knowing Poch, this would've tinkled him off more than anything as SOMEONE out there needed to see that. I cannot help but think Lamela is the sort of player who sees that and complains about it. We simply looked like we were in a stupor second-half yesterday...

Like you i agree that SOMEONE should have said something to the ref about the placement. The captain of the team should be on top of that but we/Poch insists that Lloris has the armband, seeing as he is the keeper ( imo keepers do not make good captains) no one stepped up. I have made the point before but imo a captain should always be a outfield player for those actions.

Last edited:

My mates said the same thing so I watched it again... he steals maybe a yard from where their player lands. It’s in the light green box of grass still (grass was shaded light and dark)

FWIW, stills from MotD highlights...

1798D5AB-5FEF-41D6-9D72-6A7CD9EF9F2E.jpeg 68B6F69D-12A1-43C5-B210-0A540EE3F9B6.jpeg 6A3EB934-13C1-4E28-A834-B5017DD51B18.jpeg

If only Eriksen had moved his freekick back a yard, it might’ve dipped under the crossbar too.

81A83704-4BA6-49EC-846F-13DE85C7A957.jpeg 32C96C4D-B09C-45DE-B56A-486DD5F70E12.jpeg

What a sad indictment of how this group of players have switched off in the last couple of months that we are now getting outdone in the dark arts by fudging Southampton?

That was supposed to be one of the things that shifted our mentality at this club. We’d scrap and do what was required to get the points. We were more streetwise. Not anymore. That game was a fun kickabout with our mates and as soon as we had to scrap and be a bit more streetwise, we didn’t have the stones.

Really disappointing. The more I see that JWP goal the more it angers me.

Didn't even notice that during the game, but that's crazy. It wouldn't have been remotely dangerous if it was taken from where he was fouled.

Same here, nowt mentioned on MotD either of course but the pitch markings make it clear.

What a sad indictment of how this group of players have switched off in the last couple of months that we are now getting outdone in the dark arts by fudging Southampton?

That was supposed to be one of the things that shifted our meteorology at this club. We’d scrap and do what was required to get the points. We were more streetwise. Not anymore. That game was a fun kickabout with our mates and as soon as we had to scrap and be a bit more streetwise, we didn’t have the stones.

Really disappointing. The more I see that JWP goal the more it angers me.
Indeed. With Dele, Dier, Rose, Vertonghen and Kane all on the pitch you’d have thought that at least one of them would’ve got the referee to move the ball vaguely near where the foul actually occurred.

Perhaps our players are worried about upsetting the FA, what with the gaffer already serving a touchline ban and us needing to call in favours in order to get the rest of our home matches moved from Wembley to WHL.

Don't know why but this is the annoying loss in years, I'm still raging even now.
I normally get over it in a couple of hours but this still rankles.

Feeling bitter and annoyed with this defeat. We had a great record against Southampton, so never thought we would lose to them. Annoyingly, this is our first defeat at Southampton since 2005. Pochettino has to take large part of the blame for wrong team selection. It seems as if Pochettino wanted to help his former team southampton in their relegation battle. All the players too should take their fair share of the blame for getting complacent and not lifting their game. This match proves that we are a team of one half as we played well in the first half but didn't turn up for the second half. We should have scored more than 1 goal in the first half but didn't and it cost us dearly in the second half.

Really thought we would go on to win this match comfortably after Kane scored. Instead we got complacent and didn't make use of our chances. Credit to Kane for continuing his goal scoring run with another goal. But Kane has to take his share of the blame for this defeat as he also wasted 2 or 3 other chances which he should have scored. Alli did well to assist the goal for Kane with a inch perfect pass but he looked rusty other than that. Eriksen had another poor match and also wasted yet another freekick. Annoyingly, Eriksen only hit the post from the freekick while Southampton scored direct from their freekick. Not sure why Eriksen is still our freekick taker despite not scoring from the freekicks for more than 3 years now. For all his runs and dribbling skills, Moura didn't help our attack much. Llorente and Son didn't make much impact after coming on in the second half.I think Lamela should have started this match but he was not even involved in this match despite us badly needing a goal in the second half.

Our midfield played well in the first half but played badly in the second half. This match shows we need a quality defensive midfielder who can help us
control the game. For all their hard work, Sissoko and Dier failed to control the midfield in the second half. Sissoko too were fortunate not to get himself a red card for head-butting the Southampton player late in the match. Not sure why Sissoko reacted like that.

Don't know why Pochettino had to tinker with out defence for this match. Our defence were always going to face problems when we started Sanchez and KWP. Not sure why we have to rest the reliable Alderweireld and start the error-prone Sanchez and KWP in defence. Our defence went missing for the first goal while KWP conceded the freekick from which they scored their second goal. It was annoying the way Rose failing to tackle for the first goal. KWP should take the blame for their second goal.

This has been a season of historic disappointments and defeats for us. We have already lost 9 matches which is more than the last 2 seasons. And it has been a long time since we lost to shyte teams like Watford, wolves, Burnley, Southampton and Palace in the same season. We have also conceded too many late goals and lost too many matches despite scoring first as well. More worryingly for us, we seemed to have lost Kane's magic. Remember, we would always win whenever Kane scored before this season but we have now lost 4 matches despite Kane scoring this season. Pochettino better do something to improve our form and result. Our top 4 place will be in danger unless get back our winning form soon.

Back