• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT SPURS vs Soton***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Second half we were poor. Yes, we should have scored more in the first half. Yes, there were individual mistakes for their goals, could you not say the same for every goal scored/conceded?

Most importantly, we played today no differently to how we have mostly this year and we are not getting the breaks we were getting against, say, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Leicester.

Sugar coat it all you like, but we are talking about Soton here, not even Watford or Leicester. And on the second half it was coming and if we tot up the chances missed i'm not sure we could say the defeat was undeserved.

When i say spent tactically, i think there seems little left in the tank from a tactical point of view, we have slowly been found out and are tactically running out of ideas imo

I’d you tot up the chances we should have been 3 up in the first half

And again I’d add that Hugo didn’t make a save that I remembered

We let in a really really soft first goal and a top class free kick

The first was very very avoidable and that’s what changed the result

The issue was that they were getting more and more into the game as they gambled after half time. That logically means there should be chances and room for to us to exploit but in reality we didn’t test their keepe much at all second half

The issue was that they were getting more and more into the game as they gambled after half time. That logically means there should be chances and room for to us to exploit but in reality we didn’t test their keepe much at all second half

We absolutely should have been 2/3 up in the first half. Second half they were dominant no question. Poor finishing especially from Redmond 2 opr 3 times before their goal. Yes, they upped their effort but was their performance one that would normally have troubled a Poch side in recent years, especially at this time of the season? The fact is, these days we don't seem able to cope with such performances against us by teams at that level nowadays.
Coming off the back of the Burnley performance and result i think it's very worrying...this is Soton, not Watford or Leicester...

Cant get that equaliser out of my head, the entire back 4 all could have conceivably cut the cross out.

As it went past each of them it got easier and easier for the next guy to cut it out.

Has to be one of the worst goals conceded in our history from a standard attack from the opposition ie not counting play like trippier’s outrageous own goal or the days of gomes throwing the ball in the goal.

It really was defending like that I’d expect from a back four of the early noughties like tarrico, perry, gardner and thatcher.

And even then we’d be scratching our heads at how they managed to do it.

I think the frustration is that we had warnings. Redmond and another very presentable chance came nad went and we didn't come together to change things. Whether that is Poch bringing on Wanyama (in place or Moura or better Alli) or whether its a leader on the pitch re-organising and having a word with KWP or Sanchez. Or Eriksen recognising the openess and dropping back. Or Poch on the sidelines having a word to calm us down, or setting us up to contain them and spring the counter.... Whatever it was, we didn't do it. We didn't come out second half with the right approach, or address things when they turned. That is the frustration.

We absolutely should have been 2/3 up in the first half. Second half they were dominant no question. Poor finishing especially from Redmond 2 opr 3 times before their goal. Yes, they upped their effort but was their performance one that would normally have troubled a Poch side in recent years, especially at this time of the season? The fact is, these days we don't seem able to cope with such performances against us by teams at that level nowadays.
Coming off the back of the Burnley performance and result i think it's very worrying...this is Soton, not Watford or Leicester...

All of those three are teas we should beat and have done of course

And i wouldn’t sure say they were ever dominant but they certainly improved

People won’t like it but these are all tough games. Southampton needed the points as much as we did. Arsenal too, Chelsea’s too, Burnley too. And three were away games so again never easy

But that doesn’t excuse our performances

I think the frustration is that we had warnings. Redmond and another very presentable chance came nad went and we didn't come together to change things. Wether that is Poch bringing on Wanyama (in place or Moura or better Alli) or whether its a leader on the pitch re-organising and having a word with KWP or Sanchez. Or Eriksen recognising the openess and dropping back. Or Poch on the sidelines having a word to calm us down.... Whatever it was, we didn't do it. We didn't come out second half with the right approach, or address things when they turned. There is the frustration.

Poch was in the stands don’t forget

He did change the team around on the pitch on Tuesday and pulled son back which worked

What changed in the second half was had a footballer in midfield in Prowse which they were lacking first half and the lad who went right wing just worked bloody hard

If we hadn’t conceded a soft first goal that game would have been won

He did change the team around on the pitch on Tuesday and pulled son back which worked

What changed in the second half was had a footballer in midfield in Prowse which they were lacking first half and the lad who went right wing just worked bloody hard

It was soft but it wasn't the only opening.

In hindsight: 1. at HT get the team ready for a southampton reaction. They are going to do something. 2. Bring on Wanyama. Have the side sit deep and counter. Get a compact midfield in place and close out all that space they got. 3. Hit them on the break.

Of course its easy to say now. What is frustrating is there were 10 minutes where the writing was on the wall, but we didn't make the right changes, and with our inexperienced defense, we capitulated. Poch has to expect more from his side and himself.

They turned it around because they were able to bring "a footballer into midfield"...says it all....:(

Poch being in the stands certainly didn't help...imagine at Anfield:(

All of those three are teas we should beat and have done of course

And i wouldn’t sure say they were ever dominant but they certainly improved

People won’t like it but these are all tough games. Southampton needed the points as much as we did. Arsenal too, Chelsea’s too, Burnley too. And three were away games so again never easy

But that doesn’t excuse our performances

These teams will always try to win against us, that's a given. The issue is our powers to repel them have waned...:(

It was soft but it wasn't the only opening.

In hindsight: 1. at HT get the team ready for a southampton reaction. They are going to do something. 2. Bring on Wanyama. Have the side sit deep and counter. Get a compact midfield in place and close out all that space they got. 3. Hit them on the break.

Of course its easy to say now. What is frustrating is there were 10 minutes where the writing was on the wall, but we didn't make the right changes, and with our inexperienced defense, we capitulated. Poch has to expect more from his side and himself.

I wouldn’t have changed a thing at half time. We were playing a s good as we have this year

They went cards in with their subs but had nothing to lose

I agree we could have reacted quicker

I wouldn’t have changed a thing at half time. We were playing a s good as we have this year

They went cards in with their subs but had nothing to lose

I agree we could have reacted quicker

I agee and i can see Poch taking HT just saying, well played, you need a second goal etc. but some on here were calling Southampton reacting at HT and coming out better. Of course they would change things and throw caution to the wind. We didn't seem prepared for that. Mentally or tatically. Never the less, we had time to sort it. 2 excellent chances for them to score before they did. Poch should have done better, although it can't be easy from the stands. He spent a heap of time just texting!

For me, it all smacks of having underestimated the opposition. Someone said it during the game, we felt comfortable playing sloppy and seemed shocked when Saints actually seemed to want to give it a go. We got exactly what was deserved. The concerning thing is the wake-up call on this came weeks ago and nothing's really changed.

And 3 weeks for this result to fester deep into all our souls..Great!!:mad:

I honestly think for once that will have a positive effect

Their is no holding from it and they can’t bugger of on intertwined duty for a week at least.,, where they will hear all the positives from their international team mates.

Normally I’d hate losing before a break but this reacent spell needs this break (no pun intended)

I honestly think for once that will have a positive effect

Their is no holding from it and they can’t bugger of on intertwined duty for a week at least.,, where they will hear all the positives from their international team mates.

Normally I’d hate losing before a break but this reacent spell needs this break (no pun intended)

Yeah and they deserve to suffer for what they did in that second half.

Well 5th place might well be enough for CL with city facing a certain ban for fraudulent activities, only question is will the investigation end soon enough for the ban to take place next season.

I’d say at this moment in time the ban is likely to come into effect for the season after next.

Pochettino is an acolyte of Bielsa and should therefore take a leaf out of his book.

I'm not suggesting he should make Harry et al go round the streets of Tottenham picking up litter but next time they get together he should make them, in turn, each read out loud a comment from the BBC's "Have your Say" below the So'ton/Spurs report. Just so they know the sort of sh!t the average supporter has to put up with after they put in a performance like they did in the second half.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47424850

You'll get a flavour from the first 10 comments (it doesn't matter whether you start at the beginning or go with the 62nd page they're all similar) . They should be made to read all 62 pages (probably more by Monday).

In Pochettino's defence, his post match comments on BBC were spot on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47510899

You're an XG GHod. Just shows we maybe didn't create as many clear cut chances as it seemed? Our final ball as well as not stretching their defensive by getting wide, maybe two reasons? I thought our XG would be higher. We hit the post twice was it? Kane was clean through, and had openings where he'd normally work the keeper but fluffed his lines - in the first 10 minutes he had 2 or 3!
FWIW, here’s alternative version from https://twitter.com/betweentheposts

upload_2019-3-10_1-26-46.jpeg upload_2019-3-10_1-26-54.jpeg 6523F8A3-04A8-41D2-9556-8409DC30DEE4.jpeg

Last edited:

This.

1745BB0B-A36B-49E3-9E8D-8025CD7322F6.png 5FBDDC0A-C615-4F88-8031-5DE0A32874CB.png

Back