• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

i think the 1-1 against Utd at the Lane in 2008 under Ramos was a damn decent game from a Tottenham perspective. We were all over them from start to finish, Berba scored and they got an undeserved equalizer in the final minute thru Tevez iirc

That was painful...I was sat about 10 yards away from Tevez

It was a bloody corner deep into injury time IIRC

i think the 1-1 against Utd at the Lane in 2008 under Ramos was a damn decent game from a Tottenham perspective. We were all over them from start to finish, Berba scored and they got an undeserved equalizer in the final minute thru Tevez iirc

yes it was. ramos. how quickly things change.

I thought that Hutton was going to be the best right back we'll ever have. He murdered Giggs. Who knew he peaked at that moment.

That was painful...I was sat about 10 yards away from Tevez

It was a bloody corner deep into injury time IIRC

Keano missed an absolute sitter in the latter stages...it was an incredibly fine performance, remember it well myself. We'd been up there in the cup the week before, another game we were great in until Daws gave the pen away...

You really have it in for Walker don't you?

I'll credit Walker when he plays well, because he played a few good games at the end of last month and it looked like he was getting back to his best but I always thought he was all pace and no brain. This season he's started to prove it. I hope Naughton takes his place and it makes Walker buck up his ideas and aim to improve, competition is healthy.

I thought that Hutton was going to be the best right back we'll ever have. He murdered Giggs. Who knew he peaked at that moment.
I remember starting a thread on him where I said I didn't think he was as good as people were making out and that I thought his positional sense was very very bad. It was met with.... Well lets just say a lot

I remember starting a thread on him where I said I didn't think he was as good as people were making out and that I thought his positional sense was very very bad. It was met with.... Well lets just say a lot

I never rated him either, but I felt the way some fans turned on him was harsh because he wasn't playing any difference to when they did rate him. It's just the honeymoon period wore off and their perception changed. Bit like Kyle Walker this season. He isn't playing any worse than last year, it's just that last year people didn't notice the multitude of mistakes he kept making or forgave him because it was his debut season.

Of people disagreed (it was early into his dpurs career). I think people got overexcited about the fact that he pushed forward( like a headless chicken with no purpose btw).

Of people disagreed (it was early into his dpurs career). I think people got overexcited about the fact that he pushed forward( like a headless chicken with no purpose btw).

Agree again. Attacking full backs are often loved, even if they aren't good defensively. I'll probably get stoned on here for saying this, but I always felt the same about Carr. Good player, but so over rated by Spurs fans.

I never rated him either, but I felt the way some fans turned on him was harsh because he wasn't playing any difference to when they did rate him. It's just the honeymoon period wore off and their perception changed. Bit like Kyle Walker this season. He isn't playing any worse than last year, it's just that last year people didn't notice the multitude of mistakes he kept making or forgave him because it was his debut season.

He has definitely been worse this year than last, and has acknowledged it himself.

'Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has until 1800 GMT on Thursday to respond to the Football Association's enquiry in relation to his comments about linesman Simon Beck after the game against Tottenham.'

Really? If it was anyone else they'd just have charged them and be done with it.

Carl Reichenbach's Odic Force, Franz Mesmer's Animal Magnetism, Guenther Wachsmuth's Etheric Formative Forces.

colossus-of-memnon-rear.jpg

Many many more, align today to bring forth a dynamic performance from Spurs.

Just seem African talking about reputation points, turns out I ain't got any (except to 10 we start with), so time to show me some love :)

This season (ignoring my magnificent record in OMT's previously);

First - Orgonite post = first win against QPR
Second - Orgone post = away win at Old Trafford
Third - Etheric Energy above = dynamic team performance as predicted

Show me the money, or I'm retiring!

I'll credit Walker when he plays well, because he played a few good games at the end of last month and it looked like he was getting back to his best but I always thought he was all pace and no brain. This season he's started to prove it. I hope Naughton takes his place and it makes Walker buck up his ideas and aim to improve, competition is healthy.

I think that's the main issue, competition, that and he has played a hell of a lot of football in the last 2 years with barely a break. He's a talented player, but needs a break now and again, and a boot up the arse.

For the last few years we have been fantastic at home but this season our best performances have generally been away from home. We have been lucky recently against Reading and Liverpool for example. I think most neutrals would have Utd as favourites to win never mind our fans.

We weren't lucky against Reading at all. We beat Pool because we lined up different to them.

The idea that Utd would hammer us was ludicrously off beam - Utd were odds against - not odds on - for a good reason.

That was an accurate summary of their chances, unlike a lot of the doom and gloom nonsense written on here before the game.

As I said before the game, I didn't think we'd lose and we didn't.

All the negativity and pessimism how United were gonna win, dominate us, blah, blah, blah.

Never agreed with it, never happened.

Oh and Carrick the master footballer, don't think so.

I wasn't worried about him before the game, wouldn't be worried about him if we played them tomorrow.

Scholes is still better than him and he's 146.

The player I was worried about is the player anyone should worry about, RVP. The best player in the country.

He, as much as Chelsea, robbed us of CL football last season.

If Arsenal still had him, they'd finish above us this season too.

So pleased for Clint, one of my favourites at Spurs. Absolutely love the guy, a fighter to the end.

We deserved a draw/win against the best team in the country.

All credit to Spurs, now 7 points ahead of Arsenal, and I don't see us collapsing this season.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well done. I noted your comments before the game but unfortunately did not share your confidence.
The last line in your post is the crucial one. We are in form and still have players to add to the side or get fitter. Happy days!

Cheers, happy days indeed :)

Back