• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs vs Liverpool***

For once we are playing before Chelsea chance to put a little pressure on them.Liverpool daren't lose this game so it will be interesting to see how they line up.Our team picks itself unless rose is fit enough to be a wing back which I doubt he will be so it will be a flat back 4 unless Poch will gamble on Wimmer as part of a 3 at the back.

Liverpool been conceding the same types of goals recently. Its obvious where their weaknesses are.

Hull - Goal from set piece, Goal on the counter where their high line was caught out by a through ball
Chelsea - Goal from set piece
Wolves - Goal from set piece, Goal on the counter where their high line was caught out by a ball played straight though it
Southampton - Goal on the counter from their own corner
Swansea - Goal from a set piece, goal on the counter
I feel a Toby-Dele special coming on...

Ha Ha!
Our poor set plays and slow build up you mean.

Perhaps we should drop Eriksen and Dembele, just to adopt a pragmatic style?
I am sure "they don't like it up 'em"
Yep!

It's almost as if we should go there as a horrible Stoke like type of team and hassle them off on and the ball and lump it.

I'm not sure if playing our best game and style of play will beat them, it will probably suit them. Who knows, I really can't see how this one will go. We always seem to have a bit of a brain fart at Anfield. Last time we won there was when I went back in 2010/11? (Whenever West Ham got relegated and Modric pen and VDV wonder goal).

I worry about us playing out from the back against this lot more than any other team, obviously because of their pressing. Remember the game last April and they forced so many mistakes , although the game ended up a draw. Yep, I'm with the above, go Stoke, go long, go Shane Long.

I worry about us playing out from the back against this lot more than any other team, obviously because of their pressing. Remember the game last April and they forced so many mistakes , although the game ended up a draw. Yep, I'm with the above, go Stoke, go long, go Shane Long.

Their pressing is definitely a worry. And they will have seen how much City troubled us with their pressing. A lot of potential in that Liverpool side and a late evening game at Anfield if they get going they can play a stormer.

First goal will be important. Keeping them out for the opening 20 could be vital. Dealing with their pressing too.

Assuming a 4-2-3-1 (or 4-3-3) looking setup, don't think we'll go with a back 3 again in a game like this after what happened in the City game. Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Wanyama and Dembele nailed on. Not sure about the last one in the "front 6". Son has been the better player, but this might just be a game for Sissoko up against Milner and a team that gives away a lot of space. Winks and a central midfield 3 might also be an option.

If I go to the ground against Spurts and Mignolet is in goal, I'm going to save myself the bother and just walk out.

brickest keeper ever. He's just totally brick.
Klopp has a week to prepare for this game with a full squad.

We'll win, and that will be the end of this embarrassing start to 2017 which has ruined the season of all but 1 goal.
Yet despite this we've beaten Spurs once and quite frankly should have beaten them earlier on in the league. We have an excellent record against the top teams. While its true we have had a horrible month, this is just the sort of game that can kick-start your season. We shouldn't fear them, and with Anfield bouncing there is no reason as to why we can't get a win.

All of the top teams have had their crappy runs this year. If Chelsea had not had the run after falling out of form, it would be very different now. But they've all come out of it stronger, no reason why we can't do the same. We just need to stay positive and believe, the tide will turn then we can see where it takes us.

tossfield form my experiences going there has an appalling atmosphere that can suck the life out of their team. If we get a good start the moaning will commence quickly and it will hurt their players

Last edited:

Not giving much away on the injury front, but otherwise open as always. He really is very good with the press.

No pun intended.

Last edited:
I got a tiny sense of excitement that Danny is fit and ready for Sat evening, to be unleashed as some sort of mighty surprise secret weapon!! haha
It will only come true if you masturbate on your Danny poster while singing Kiss from a Rose.

In other news, this will be an easy win for us. 0-2, goals from Badger and Sloth.

Not giving much away on the injury front, but otherwise open as always. He really is very good with the press.

I liked the bit where he went 'why('d) you laugh?' to some journo and broke out into a broad grin - it came early on, after some fairly bog-standard injury question drew a standard response from him. I'm not sure whether he was genuinely surprised by the journo chuckling and was prepared to follow along, or if he was trying to start some AVB-esque 'how do you know he's frustrated?'-style journo beatdown. :p

If it's the latter, then it's (subtler) shades of Ferguson - that man had ways of making sure his words, even when banal and straight-off-the-script, were intensely followed and believed by the attending journos. Ranging from calling one of them out when he felt they were being flippant to straight up banning them if he felt they inquired too much. I'm a believer in press freedom and the need to ask difficult questions which I think journos get too much stick for doing at times)...but it's still fun to see stuff like that occasionally. ;)

Also, I can never really get enough of how expressive the man is when listening to and answering questions:

poch.png

:p

Last edited:
Wow that was one hell of a pre-match press conference. Especially towards the end when not only did Poch assert that he has never managed a club where so many players (80%) had signed long contracts and shown such commitment to the club, where so many were focused on winning trophies and believed in the club, but he once again stressed how much he wants to stay long term, to win trophies with us and help build what he believes is already a big club into 'one of the very best.'

Asked about the high number of players who have extended their contracts he said it was because 'they dream. That is very very important. That if you believe that .. Tottenham is the right place, that you will be very close to win(ning) trophies. For me it is the first time that's happened .. that in the last few months, I don't know, maybe 80% of the players have shown commitment and want to be here long term, it's my first experience like this and I think when I am looking at different teams and different clubs it has never happened, and that is very good news for us.

'But for me it is a very good point that to achieve big things the players need to dream and to show their commitment with us, with Tottenham. It's because they dream that they can be important here and can lift trophies with us and achieve their dream.'

Heady stuff and the sweetest of sweet music to our ears.

Last edited:
And at the very end. He's ambitious for the top with us and has gratitude for the trust shown to him.
It's like a perfect storm.

The more I think about it, the less likely I think it is we'll get anything out of this game. It's just too set up for Liverpool to bounce back to form with a win. I just can't see us winning.

And I'm gonna watch this with a Pool buddy of mine.
icon_doh.gif

Back