• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs vs Liverpool***

They might be, difference is if you look at our financials vs theirs over the last 7-10 years, there is no question they are not well run comparatively. If it wasn't for the fact the last buy out wiped out a significant portion of their debt, they would have imploded by now.

Pool is a worse version of Manure, yes, they still make good money, but that won't survive another 5 years of no CL, no major challenge or trophies. and you can smell the desperation.

I expect a tough game, if they have nay pride, they will be up for it. I hope Poch is willing to alter our game and use the formula everyone else has for killing them, sit deep (negates their long ball play), give them possession in front of you (negates their press) and hit on counter (exposes how brick their back line truly is), pressure the keeper (calamity waiting to happen).

They were brought by the white knights who are actually just pilfering the money away

Fully expect there to be profits generated every season now

I wouldn't mind us sacrificing our usual approach to sit back and snuff out Liverpools attack. That's where they've struggled most when teams have sat back and played 6 across the back almost. Mourinho showed the blueprint in their initial 0-0 draw at Anfield and many sides have since copied it.

Realistically there is very little chance of that as Pochettino would never tailor our game that radically to our opponent. Tough game, right now would take the draw
He did at the Emirates in his first season iirc, in the days when Kaboul and Capoue were playing.

Had City not got that late winner, we could have afforded to lose here and still be sat in 2nd (barring a big swing in GD), which would have been brilliant.

As has been said a defeat would not be the end of the world in the race for a Top 4 place, but would be a blow to finishing 2nd. In the words of Kevin Keegan I would love us to see us turn these over, what a boost to the run-in that would be, but we all know this is one of 'their' Cup finals.
I would go as far to say, after Everton and United this is the match their fans would most like to win

I thought the same after I checked my phone and saw that Emirates Marketing Project had grabbed and injury time winner but had to remind myself that Emirates Marketing Project pulled our pants down at the Etihad and we somehow managed to sneak a draw in a game that we should have lost comfortably, a heavy defeat would have been demoralising so to still be above them is a bonus.

As for Saturday, not confident at all. We still have a mental weakness against the top teams away from home and don't see that changing anytime soon. Can see both teams creating chances, I guess it will come down to whether they take theirs or not as I think we'll score at least 1. I can see the logic in being cautious and trying to frustrate them but part of me thinks it would be better to go for an early goal then hopefully sit back and pick them off on the break.

Don't let them score early, pressure on them must be off the charts, if it stays 0-0 or they go behind, it will put more pressure on them.

Both sides will be up for this. My worry is Spurs attack. There seems to be a lack of creativity and not completing moves. I understand that they are human.

If we were 3 points behind Chelscum I would be more worried than I am about this game... Sadly, I cant see us catching them and so even if we lose we are still in the top four race...

However, I am not as bothered about that as I am about trying to win a trophy so that could be the consolation of losing.

At this point I would take a cup and finish above the scum... But if we win and chelscum lose that all goes out of the window...

COYS

Second? What's harder than going to anfield from our remaining fixtures?

As posted above.

may well sound daft, but I think there is more chance of us losing at Burnley. They are strong at home as well as Liverpool, but the weight of expectation of us winning at the two venues, for me, amkes Turf Moor slightly tougher

As posted above.

may well sound daft, but I think there is more chance of us losing at Burnley. They are strong at home as well as Liverpool, but the weight of expectation of us winning at the two venues, for me, amkes Turf Moor slightly tougher

Not a big sample size admittedly but can't recall the last time we won at Turf Moor.

I think it's a bit pointless trying to guess which game is the hardest as we are quite capable of beating Liverpool away and losing at home to Watford.

As posted above.

Not a big sample size admittedly but can't recall the last time we won at Turf Moor.

I think it's a bit pointless trying to guess which game is the hardest as we are quite capable of beating Liverpool away and losing at home to Watford.

I know football doesn't work out the way it always should but I would argue that the Liverpool away game is the only game I would not make us favourites to win.

Other than that, it is arguable that we have a greater probability of winning than losing. We have tough games sure. Arsenal, United at home, West Ham away, and even games like Burnley away as you mention (not to mention Leicester who will give their all against us no matter how brick they have been). But the neutral would make Spurs favourites whether it is marginal or not for the rest of those games.

Hell given Liverpool's current form, I'm sure people will have us as favourites for that too.

We all however know better than to expect for games to simply go with form.

This week we know the Koppite and Manc-connected media mouthpieces will work to unsettle us, build us up etc.
We have already seen the start with the Telegraph story about Real Madrid likely thinking of bidding for Lloris "as they think he'd be easier to capture than Courtois."
I'm not happy with the headline "Kane challenges Tottenham to kill Liverpool's title hopes", so i hope none of our players give the journos any more ammunition to twist quotes to build up the game even more than it is. Please PLEASE STFU THFC players and staff!

This is a MASSIVE crunch game; we have a week to prepare and i would hope the preparation is better than what we saw in the first half at the Etihad (credit due for Poch for spotting the issues and changing things in the second half). No stupid clangers as well (Lloris, Dier, Walker - i'm looking at you...)

We have a VERY poor record away to the top 6; let this be the start of Poch changing this.

COYS

Last edited:
Can I also say our away form is actually shocking given our position in the table..

Need to win to change that; what a better place to do it

Back