• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Spurs vs Leipzig***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not about how much the players cost, it's about their athletic capacity and how well you coach them. We just need to scout a little smarter than our rivals, which we have history of doing, at some point, either that failed or the coaching effort did, but we hit a wall about 18 months ago and the conveyor belt of talent jammed.

Gedson and Bergwijn give me hope we have it going again.

18 month ago when we had signed 1 player in 4 windows?
Everyone is looking for those bargains now and every year it gets harder to find them.
£40m for players in the championship.
And if you fill a team with them there's as much chance you will end up in the championship as the CL.
It's impossible to get where we keep saying we want to get to, and stay there, without spending money.

Everyone is looking for those bargains now and every year it gets harder to find them.
And if you fill a team with them there's as much chance you will end up in the championship as the CL.
It's impossible to get where we keep saying we want to get to, and stay there, without spending money.

18 months ago we had the best squad in the country, you could count the players that could have improved us at that time on one hand and not used your thumb.

Yes they are, so we need to get back in our position as market leader, and buying players from the championship is never going to be the answer, if they were good enough for us, their club wouldn't be in the championship in the first place.

I think it's eminently possible.

Didn't Levy say this week that over the last 4 years we have spent £200million NET on player transfer fees!!!

Our recruitment has been the main issue.

£60m on Ndombele, £50m on Glc, £25m on Sess, how much for Steve B? £10m on Clark.
All splashed this season.

Soon adds up.
Problem is that is not very much over four seasons.
8 Windows approx £25m a window.
How much has the wear and tear of not maintaining the squad cost us?

It’s more about getting players who fit in and can actually improve here to gel with the team. It’s why I’ve banged the Aaron’s drum for 2 years as he is a Walker mk2. I always wanted Bowen and think he would be miles better for us than Lamela but again we would need to shift the glass man if buy a replacement.
jose will focus on the goals conceded side first and foremost this summer with maybe a strike of coming in to ease some of that burden

£60m on Ndombele, £50m on Glc, £25m on Sess, how much for Steve B? £10m on Clark.
All splashed this season.

Soon adds up.
Problem is that is not very much over four seasons.
8 Windows approx £25m a window.
How much has the wear and tear of not maintaining the squad cost us?
In 4 seasons we also brought in moura and Sanchez who both play so that’s bumping up your number

we also have to sell well and that’s the biggest challenge this summer as the players look broken which makes them much less appealing

what we do have in our favour is the clubs turnover even without CL is gonna be massive and we have a whole season of additional income at our ground for once

It’s more about getting players who fit in and can actually improve here to gel with the team. It’s why I’ve banged the Aaron’s drum for 2 years as he is a Walker mk2. I always wanted Bowen and think he would be miles better for us than Lamela but again we would need to shift the glass man if buy a replacement.
jose will focus on the goals conceded side first and foremost this summer with maybe a strike of coming in to ease some of that burden

Under the right manager with a Lo g term strategy I agree, and I was hoping that would be our next step. A quality player every year with maybe two good prospects that we could bring on.
This squad is done, but with the correct management I think we could havd treaded water for another season and helped the transition.
Harry, Son and dele are the only three I would definitely keep.
Dier is a strong possibility.
Rest can go.
Dont know what's happened to Jan and Hugo this year but I felt those had another couple of seasons in them.

In 4 seasons we also bought in moura and Sanchez who both play so that’s bumping up your number

we also have to sell well and that’s the biggest challenge this summer as the players look broken which makes them much less appealing

what we do have in our favour is the clubs turnover even without CL is gonna be massive and we have a whole season of additional income at our ground for once

And aurier. Is Sissoko within four years? Is he counted as a player?
And it sounds a lot, but we also lost quite a few.
Walker, not sure on time scale
Trippier
Moose
Eriksen (if we're counting this seasons ins only fair to count its outs).
Those were stalwarts of the team, all gone.

But tbh its an intangible that's lost. Few of our players have actually got worse, they've just lost something.
At our peak I honestly don't think all conquering Liverpool are much better than we were, but they have belief, we've not had that in decades.

Under the right manager with a Lo g term strategy I agree, and I was hoping that would be our next step. A quality player every year with maybe two good prospects that we could bring on.
This squad is done, but with the correct management I think we could havd treaded water for another season and helped the transition.
Rest can go.
Dont know what's happened to Jan and Hugo this year but I felt those had another couple of seasons in them.

Add Lo Celso to that list, he's been the one positive to come from this season.

And aurier. Is Sissoko within four years? Is he counted as a player?
And it sounds a lot, but we also lost quite a few.
Walker, not sure on time scale
Trippier
Moose
Eriksen (if we're counting this seasons ins only fair to count its outs).
Those were stalwarts of the team, all gone.

But tbh its an intangible that's lost. Few of our players have actually got worse, they've just lost something.
At our peak I honestly don't think all conquering Liverpool are much better than we were, but they have belief, we've not had that in decades.

We have lost 6 first team players as you forgot Wanyama and Rose in that period too

But the reality is one was stitched up or wanted to leave (depends on how you believe)
One was injured last season and played on which was detrimental to his from
Those two were sold well which is actually unqualified for us
Dembele was broken and wanted to go as did Wanyama
Eriksen wanted to leave but no one wanted him and so far he is not popular at all at Inter
And rose... well GHod knows what will happen to him

and at pool that belief starts with the fans who are always, always behind the team. Our fans turn like the tide and that really doesn’t help

Add Lo Celso to that list, he's been the one positive to come from this season.

I'm not including any of the new players, GLC looks the real deal and I like the look of gedson. Steve B and Ndombele have work to do, although mainly because he's not been here long in Steve Bs case.

Rest can go.
To me you ring fence certain players and that’s Kane, son, Bergwein, Lo Celso and to a lesser extent probably Sessegnon and NDombele as they simply haven’t had time
Everyone else is fair game for a price
I believe from what I’ve seen of late Dier could be a Harry Maguire for us but we need two full backs.
I have confidence in Winks and again think he looks awful in a 5-2-3 as the FBs offer nothing for midfield
Dele is trying but only really excels with a striker which is fine if we’re playing 4-2-3-1 which we may...
Everyone else can literally go though ...

18 months ago we had the best squad in the country, you could count the players that could have improved us at that time on one hand and not used your thumb.

Yes they are, so we need to get back in our position as market leader, and buying players from the championship is never going to be the answer, if they were good enough for us, their club wouldn't be in the championship in the first place.

I think it's eminently possible.

Sorry but that’s nonsense. No way did we have a better squad than City. They have/had players like Aguero, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Sane, David Silva, Kompany, Sterling, Fernandinho. We have people like Sissoko, Lloris and Sanchez getting in our first eleven. It just doesn’t compare at all. They have world class players and serial winners. Our only world class player is Kane and Son is borderline.

We have lost 6 first team players as you forgot Wanyama and Rose in that period too

But the reality is one was stitched up or wanted to leave (depends on how you believe)
One was injured last season and played on which was detrimental to his from
Those two were sold well which is actually unqualified for us
Dembele was broken and wanted to go as did Wanyama
Eriksen wanted to leave but no one wanted him and so far he is not popular at all at Inter
And rose... well GHod knows what will happen to him

and at pool that belief starts with the fans who are always, always behind the team. Our fans turn like the tide and that really doesn’t help

Yeah, it's all very complicated and messy.
That's why I won't call out any one person. I think lots of people have made mistakes.
A perfect storm.
Most of it i would put down to the distraction caused by the stadium build.

Yeah, it's all very complicated and messy.
That's why I won't call out any one person. I think lots of people have made mistakes.
A perfect storm.
Most of it i would put down to the distraction caused by the stadium build.
Had a huge, huge impact
Plus of course the constant international comps
I still say the toll that the World Cup took on the squad was immense as we literally provided a quarter of the players
Chelsea will see it of their players develop and hate it I’m sure
The best thing that could happen right now is Corona kills the euros

Back