• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs vs FC Barcelona***

i think an early exit from the UCL would be better for us. just not our year.

Why would an early exit be better than say a QF exit? (Or last 16 or SF?). Even if it's "not our year", there's no reason why we shouldn't aim to go as far as possible. It's good experience plus of course the additional revenue it brings in, which we need.

Why would an early exit be better than say a QF exit? (Or last 16 or SF?). Even if it's "not our year", there's no reason why we shouldn't aim to go as far as possible. It's good experience plus of course the additional revenue it brings in, which we need.
the revenue's good, but its the risk of injury that we need to balance it against.
we need max point going forward, but would you live with erkisen, verts and dembele injured in the next CL tie ?

the revenue's good, but its the risk of injury that we need to balance it against.
we need max point going forward, but would you live with erkisen, verts and dembele injured in the next CL tie ?

I get your point, and obviously I don't want our players to get injured. Yes,the fewer games they play, the less opportunity there is for injury.
But we're in these competitions to compete, not just to make up the numbers. It's up to Poch to manage the squad (and we know he sees the PL and CL as his two main priorities). I don't think crashing out bottom of the group is going to help the morale of the players. And exiting in 3rd place just means Thursday night football instead.

It would not, Jesus we have been going on over the last few seasons ( and giving up on winning trophys) so we can get into the CL as that is where the big clubs are supposed to be ( so they say). If that is the case why the hell should we be looking ( wanting ) a early exit, madness.

It would not, Jesus we have been going on over the last few seasons ( and giving up on winning trophys) so we can get into the CL as that is where the big clubs are supposed to be ( so they say). If that is the case why the hell should we be looking ( wanting ) a early exit, madness.

It's way too early yet to give up on qualifying for the knock-out stages but if later on it becomes clear the club is not going to make it then a choice will have to be made. It's no good qualifying for the Europa unless you take it seriously and go all out to win it, but that could mean stretching our squad so much we end up falling between two stools, ie failing to win the Europa AND missing out on qualifying for the CL next season, our first full season at the new stadium.

It is a very tricky balance. For me, the imperative is top 4 this season. Our most turbulent yet under Poch. But to open next season in the new house in the CL? Massive.

FWIW I think we will make it to the knock-out stages. Inter are over-cooked.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I get your point, and obviously I don't want our players to get injured. Yes,the fewer games they play, the less opportunity there is for injury.
But I'm a in these competitions to compete, not just to make up the numbers. It's up to Poch to manage the squad (and we know he sees the PL and CL as his two main priorities). I don't think crashing out bottom of the group is going to help the morale of the players. And exiting in 3rd place just means Thursday night football instead.

thursday nights could be a good shop window for the driftwood who are dying for games.
i am more concerned that we lose out on CL next season. surely it will be a sign for some players to try their luck somewhere else

Back