• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs vs FC Barcelona***

Missed a bit of pre- and post- Huddersfield team news.

Am i right in thinking that our biggest game for some time is going to be missing:

Lloris
Vertonghen
Dembele
Eriksen
Alli

Or to put it another way, 5 of our best "big game" players??? :(

If so:

------------ Gazza ------------
Tripps -- Sanch -- Toby -- Rose
--------- Winks -- Dier ---------
Lamela ---- Moura ---- Son
---------- Kane (c) ----------

Not a team that fills me with confidence of containing Messi, Suarez and Dembele.

And we'll miss the guile of Alli and Eriksen against Busquets.

Last time I didn't get to watch us in the Champions League due to work was when we smashed Real 3-1, so hoping for a repeat now. :D

Missed a bit of pre- and post- Huddersfield team news.

Am i right in thinking that our biggest game for some time is going to be missing:

Lloris
Vertonghen
Dembele
Eriksen
Alli

Or to put it another way, 5 of our best "big game" players??? :(

If so:

------------ Gazza ------------
Tripps -- Sanch -- Toby -- Rose
--------- Winks -- Dier ---------
Lamela ---- Moura ---- Son
---------- Kane (c) ----------

Not a team that fills me with confidence of containing Messi, Suarez and Dembele.

And we'll miss the guile of Alli and Eriksen against Busquets.

Eriksen is at least a possible. We don't need to start slitting our wrists yet.

I think some of the doubts were rested for Huddersfield so they could definitely make this one.

----------------Lloris
---Alder------Sanchez-----Verts
Trippier---Dier---Dembele---Rose
------Lamela---------Eriksen
---------------Kane

W3-1

Barca haven't been in amazing form lately. They smashed PSV, but they have drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 3 La Liga games. We'll have to play very well of course, but they are not unbeatable. I think Moura has to play to give us pace against their high line, other than that I'm not too sure how Poch will approach it in terms of formation/tactics.

Our CM feels weak at the moment. Maybe Poch could play Dier, Dembele and Winks and bring on Wanyama for fresh legs second half.

Barca haven't been in amazing form lately. They smashed PSV, but they have drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 3 La Liga games. We'll have to play very well of course, but they are not unbeatable. I think Moura has to play to give us pace against their high line, other than that I'm not too sure how Poch will approach it in terms of formation/tactics.

I'm in two minds between the toe-to-toe approach with Eriksen, Winks and Dembele, versus the become a Mourinho side for the night and hitting them with Son and Moura on the counter, like we were sort of trying out against Huddersfield. I think Lamela has to play whichever - his energy will be essential

I'm in two minds between the toe-to-toe approach with Eriksen, Winks and Dembele, versus the become a Mourinho side for the night and hitting them with Son and Moura on the counter, like we were sort of trying out against Huddersfield. I think Lamela has to play whichever - his energy will be essential

A thousand times this.

Given our injuries/form of individuals players, especially in cm, i think we have no choice but to play like a Mourinho side. If we had got a win vs Inter it would have been far less necessary but there you go.

If we can play on the counter vs the likes of Dortmund and Liverpool last season, we can against Barca (or will we be forced to anayway?)

Is there any school of thought that suggests, given their recent run of poor(er) form; the fact they're away to the second seeded team in the group; and have already got 3 points on the board, that maybe just maybe Barca might sit back and play on the counter, happy to take a point??

If we turn up we'll win*, they can't defend.

We need Eriksen and Verts back and at their absolute best though.

We haven't turned up for about 6 months

Is there any school of thought that suggests, given their recent run of poor(er) form; the fact they're away to the second seeded team in the group; and have already got 3 points on the board, that maybe just maybe Barca might sit back and play on the counter, happy to take a point??

No chance; Messi and co are on a mission to regain CL this year after the recent domination of Real Madrid..

Agreed on Lamela. I think Lamela, Moura and Kane might be able to press them into a mistake or two as well. Play Dier or Winks as a holder perhaps, infront of a back 3. Winks did it against Madrid iirc. Or pair them both. Why did Dembele get hooked v Huddersfield, was it injury or tactical? Either way, I think Dembele might miss out here (though who knows with Poch, he hardly ever picks the team you expect in this type of game).

------------------lloris/gazza
--trippier------toby---------vert*----------rose
-----------------dier--------winks
-----lamela-----------eriksen**------------moura
---------------------kane

*sanchez if vert ain't fit
** son if eriksen ain't fit

Back