• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

// OMT - Spurs vs Everton \\

I don't care if we **** up fourth we owe Stoke big time and will batter them at the Lane. Full humiliation even more than a Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0. And if we can play as well as we can with a proper 4-5-1 we can do Chelsea as well.

Thata the route to getting our season back, COYS

Solid 2nd half performance. Unlucky not to get at least a draw.

First half performance was just shocking though. Should be unacceptable to be that poor when we're actually as good as we are.

As i said, we were the better team.

The only problem is we concede as soon as they attack, just like vs United. Then suddenly they're all defending and we're in trouble.

We weren't good first half, but we were as good as Everton

They only scored because Kaboul dived in like an amateur

Same as Man Utd last week when Walker let Rooney score a header with amateur defending - but we outplayed Utd for most of the game

The one I'm really fuming about is the Arse game as we looked terrible all game, even when we were 2-0 up

But for the love of GHod Harry, play your best players in their best positions, then just stick ANYONE right wing, even Kevin Bond

All is not lost. We still have a class team. Harry is no doubt a very good manager. But the way he organises the team on the pitch leaves a lot to be desired.

You look at Everton. Very regimented and so tight in midfield. To get through them takes something special. Then look at us vs the goons. Open as fudge. When Everton move the ball forward eg to the wing, the players know where they are supposed to be and there will always be someone in support on the overlap. We rarely got 2 men pressuring the wing.

We rely too much on individual skills and a fluid attacking style, which looks amazing when it works, but can't do the simple things well. With united, they can play brick, but they play percentages and do the simple things well.

The last seven games were always going to be hard, but even considering the difficulty of the opposition, ( A= City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton | H= Wigan, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Utd ) taking only 7 out of 21 is really poor.. The next four games are not exactly easy either.. After them, enter the relegation sides... Ugh. If the squad does not realize the severity of the situation then things could get real ugly. The next two games need to be taken absolutely by storm, not really expecting it though..

61% possession away from home too.....stats dont matter though its 1-0 that does
your way of thinking is very basic. What were the first half possession stars or goal attempts? It's all well and good dominating the 2nd half but we're already 1-0 down by then so there will always be a danger that we don't break them down and end up losing the game. Those stats are irrelevant after that first half.

61% possession away from home too.....stats dont matter though its 1-0 that does

The possession stat is fine and dandy. But when most of your possession comes from your defenders rolling the ball across the back line or exchanging passes with midfielders to no attacking effect like we did in the first half then the possession stat really says nothing.

We weren't good first half, but we were as good as Everton

They only scored because Kaboul dived in like an amateur

Same as Man Utd last week when Walker let Rooney score a header with amateur defending - but we outplayed Utd for most of the game

The one I'm really fuming about is the Arse game as we looked terrible all game, even when we were 2-0 up

But for the love of GHod Harry, play your best players in their best positions, then just stick ANYONE right wing, even Kevin Bond

I'm sorry, but that's just not right. Fellaini had already had a shot stopped from close range when they scored and they looked way more threatening, they found loads of space between our defenders and midfielders while we looked incapable of attacking with any real purpose. Bale blasting the ball (kinda) goalwards from long range was pretty much the highlight of that first half for us.

I'm so fudging hungover as well. This game was like a kick to the nuts when you're already down. Is Harry a very good manager - yes no doubt, he can get players playing very very well. He's took players who looked average and got them playing to a different level. Does Harry have his faults? Of course, who doesn't?

Everton boss David Moyes: "Our run has been against the really good teams and I hope it keeps going. In the second half especially, Spurs put us under big pressure and they were maybe the best team we've played at Goodison so far so that tells you how well we played."

One of the best thing for me about Harry's reign, has been that once he found his best 11, he pretty much stuck to it, week in, week out. And if someone was injured he tried to bring in - like for like, without moving everyone else around. It was always easy to guess the team.
But it seems, becoming the lead candidate for the England job has gone to his head, and that now he has to tinker with the side every week to prove how smart he is.
AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhh!!!!!](*,)

Everton boss David Moyes: "Our run has been against the really good teams and I hope it keeps going. In the second half especially, Spurs put us under big pressure and they were maybe the best team we've played at Goodison so far so that tells you how well we played."

Of course he is going to say we were the best team to play at Goodison this year, it just bigs up his performance as manager on the day. Moyes is no mug, he knows the game.

Gary.

Back