• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Reggie
Hojberg Ndombele
Bale Lo Celso Son
Kane

This feels like the moment to play Gio and Tanguy together.
Is this the best shape? Not sure. Maybe a 4-3-3?
I think Bale has to start this match. Big game, big player, time to get roaring.
Player wise that midfield and front line is our best, no doubt, but it’s just whether he plays Sissoko instead of GLC/Ndombele to be more solid and hard working.

Fergie always played Park in the big games against tough sides as he’d work his bits off and basically lock down one side.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Reggie
Hojberg Ndombele
Bale Lo Celso Son
Kane

This feels like the moment to play Gio and Tanguy together.
Is this the best shape? Not sure. Maybe a 4-3-3?
I think Bale has to start this match. Big game, big player, time to get roaring.
Sissoko for me. This is his kind of game imo. Ndombele and Lo Celso would be brave, would signal a different approach. I think we need Sissoko for this one though.

Can definitely see the reasons for starting Bale and I would enjoy seeing him from the start. But I think Lamela or Moura are also very good options with Bale to come on against tiring legs.

Will be interesting to see what Mourinho does. My bet would be on caution first with Sissoko and Lamela or Moura.

Why 5 at the back?
City play high up and the best way to beat them is turn the ball over quickly and attack them
Their great with the ball as we know but their now struggling to play more than 45 minutes a game (just like us in a Pochs last season)
I personally don’t see much change from the last team we put out myself
Hope the trend of them only playing really well for only half the game continues. They definitely will put us under real pressure at times.

I think what you describe can be done with five at the back, but I see no reason to change to that when we're starting to look settled playing a ball four. Think it would only add confusion.

Another masterclass from Kane could be the decider.

Hope the trend of them only playing really well for only half the game continues. They definitely will put us under real pressure at times.

I think what you describe can be done with five at the back, but I see no reason to change to that when we're starting to look settled playing a ball four. Think it would only add confusion.

Another masterclass from Kane could be the decider.
Or bales and sons counter attacking pace doing to them what Leicester did
Apparently Diaz has settled in well but the rest of their defence to me doesn’t strike me with fear if we have a go.

Or bales and sons counter attacking pace doing to them what Leicester did
Apparently Diaz has settled in well but the rest of their defence to me doesn’t strike me with fear if we have a go.
Walker will most of the time deal well with pace, I suppose we can hope for another lapse of concentration. Could very well be a difficult game for Son, though I would obviously love to see him get in behind the centre backs.

Bale isn't that quick anymore, but could obviously hurt them in several ways including counter attacks. Could be a very good game for Moura imo as left back is more of a weakness for them than right back and he could find himself with a lot of space to run into.

My focus on Kane (beyond just how awesome he is) is that he's often key for our counter attacking play, will have a very important role in holding the ball up when we're pressed into playing it long and of course if a chance falls his way we know what he can do. He's the main target for crosses too.

The other key player imo is Ndombele. His ability to beat the press, turn scrappy possession into quality attacking opportunities. City have another weakness in that area and Ndombele is just the man to exploit it.

Walker will most of the time deal well with pace, I suppose we can hope for another lapse of concentration. Could very well be a difficult game for Son, though I would obviously love to see him get in behind the centre backs.

Bale isn't that quick anymore, but could obviously hurt them in several ways including counter attacks. Could be a very good game for Moura imo as left back is more of a weakness for them than right back and he could find himself with a lot of space to run into.

My focus on Kane (beyond just how awesome he is) is that he's often key for our counter attacking play, will have a very important role in holding the ball up when we're pressed into playing it long and of course if a chance falls his way we know what he can do. He's the main target for crosses too.

The other key player imo is Ndombele. His ability to beat the press, turn scrappy possession into quality attacking opportunities. City have another weakness in that area and Ndombele is just the man to exploit it.
You seen Walker defending lately?
The guys been an absolute clown shoe

last season, in front of a packed crowd, we were lucky, they had three golden chances to score first, missed two and Hugo saved their pen without luckily giving away another ! Then Zinchenko was sent off for a second yellow after barging Wins off the ball on a counter. We even had a Sanchez header hit lloris's crossbar !

They will be looking to open us up and attack again, they can and will I have no doubt - so we will need to be lucky, very tight in and around the goal, and clinical in front of theirs. That healthy Bergwyn showed what he can do, hopefully we will see him again fully fit soon - what a debut goal ! Rose like in technique and importance versus a big team too.

We can win this, which would put a marker down, and then we go on to the next game... COYS !!!

last season, in front of a packed crowd, we were lucky, they had three golden chances to score first, missed two and Hugo saved their pen without luckily giving away another ! Then Zinchenko was sent off for a second yellow after barging Wins off the ball on a counter. We even had a Sanchez header hit lloris's crossbar !

They will be looking to open us up and attack again, they can and will I have no doubt - so we will need to be lucky, very tight in and around the goal, and clinical in front of theirs. That healthy Bergwyn showed what he can do, hopefully we will see him again fully fit soon - what a debut goal ! Rose like in technique and importance versus a big team too.

We can win this, which would put a marker down, and then we go on to the next game... COYS !!!
Last season we played with dele CM, Tanganga LB and no CF...
our team is much much improved since then

Pep or Jose?
Their ally talk about about the comparison on the recent View from the Lane podcast
I personally believe that Jack Pitt Brookes city bias shines through
Anyone who thinks IMO that Jose is past it and now behind pep is naive IMO
When pep wins things with a lesser side I’ll give him more kudos

People will write 10,000 words about this fixture and it will come down to 3 marginal VAR calls. An offside, a handball and a retaken penalty

Player wise that midfield and front line is our best, no doubt, but it’s just whether he plays Sissoko instead of GLC/Ndombele to be more solid and hard working.

Fergie always played Park in the big games against tough sides as he’d work his bits off and basically lock down one side.

Absolutely agree, and TBH I'd say he will go safe with Sissoko. But if ever there was a moment to announce from the start...it isn't like he's afraid of making an early change!

The Park parallel would be Moura or Lamela which I think he will do

DigitalDopeyAfricanaugurbuzzard-max-1mb.gif

Always remember this from last season's game. Proof our manager is a complete brickhouse...but like Lamela, he's our brickhouse.

1) Mourinho to go gung-ho against Emirates Marketing Project?
Both sides have personnel problems and coming in the immediate aftermath of an international break, Tottenham’s home match against Manchester Cityseems nigh on impossible to predict, even before factoring in some of the borderline-bonkers scorelines featuring both teams in other matches this season. A win for Tottenham on Saturday evening would make them overnight leaders of the Premier League and leave City looking uncharacteristically forlorn and out of sorts in mid-table. With Gareth Bale gaining sharpness with every passing day and likely to start in attack for the home side along with the irrepressible Son Heung-min and Harry Kane, it is difficult to escape the conclusion that City will have their work cut out in what seems a genuine test of both sides’ title credentials. José Mourinho is known for his extreme pragmatism, but it is difficult to see his side approach this contest in anything other than a comparatively gung-ho manner with so much attacking talent at their disposal. BG https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

Has BG, whoever that is, actually watched us under Mourinho? Gung-ho! Unlikely!

1) Mourinho to go gung-ho against Emirates Marketing Project?
Both sides have personnel problems and coming in the immediate aftermath of an international break, Tottenham’s home match against Manchester Cityseems nigh on impossible to predict, even before factoring in some of the borderline-bonkers scorelines featuring both teams in other matches this season. A win for Tottenham on Saturday evening would make them overnight leaders of the Premier League and leave City looking uncharacteristically forlorn and out of sorts in mid-table. With Gareth Bale gaining sharpness with every passing day and likely to start in attack for the home side along with the irrepressible Son Heung-min and Harry Kane, it is difficult to escape the conclusion that City will have their work cut out in what seems a genuine test of both sides’ title credentials. José Mourinho is known for his extreme pragmatism, but it is difficult to see his side approach this contest in anything other than a comparatively gung-ho manner with so much attacking talent at their disposal. BG https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

Has BG, whoever that is, actually watched us under Mourinho? Gung-ho! Unlikely!

Barry Glendenning? If so, I wouldn't take a lot of notice what he says.

Lloris

Aurier . Dier . Alderweireld . Regulion

Bale . . Hojbjerg . . Ndombele

Winks

Kane . . . . . Son

Back