• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Omt - Spurs vs Colchester

Whlist I'm a little age-ist, Omole is 21 and didnt make it at Arsenal, whereas Nile John turned 18 in March and has always been raved about. Different positions but I know which I'd put my money on succeeding

Both showed promise, and both have areas they need to improve. John was lose with some of his passing, but his close control and eye for goal are clear. Omole has 3 years more experience and it showed. Cool on the ball, made every pass, positionally looked aware. With Tanganga out of position he filled in CB. But he was beaten far too easily in the air at a corner. Need to battle more and use his body to defend the cross. We have a lot of LBs. Last season we had another whos name escapes me. And there is Cisse playing now.

Noticed Tommy Smith and Kruse are now at Colchester
I played golf with both of them when they were Ipswich regulars, both decent blokes actually
Smith was funny

John and Moura stood out. Never seen Omolo before and he did everything (bar defend in the air) with aplomb. Colchester weren't much of a test, but we have some decent youth prospects.

Winks looks good when he has time. Keep it closed in midfield and he struggles.
Most struggle against 'closed midfields'.
My point was purely that the positive side to his game is the forward dribbles and quick forward passing which he did several times first half. When he goes negative and hides, giving sideways/backward passes he looks poor.
A positive Winks is a useful player, a negative one is not good enough.

We have some very good youngsters at the club who we have to be careful with their development....

Whiteman is the best youth keeper I have seen at the club by quite a fair margin. I would have no issues with him being our third choice keeper next season but I think it would be better for him to go and play first team football somewhere in the football league and for us to retain Hart to allow this to happen.

Dane Scarlett has all sorts of quality. Probably two years away from playing a proper part with the first team but he really could be a special goalscorer. Has good awareness, is confident, explosive and seems to have good body strength.

Alfie Devine is another who is probably two years away from playing a proper part with the first team but has everything required to be an international central midfielder. Great touch, feisty, wants the ball, uses it well.

Nile John is probably even further away than the above two but could be the most special of the lot. You can just see that he has that perfect balance about him when he is on the ball, one of those rare players that you can see their quality just in the way that they carry the ball.

Then of course there is Skipp, who is ready now having had the perfect loan last season. Has a bit of everything about his game but what is probably most impressive is that he always seems to do the right thing, whether that is in his positioning, when he commits to a tackle and when he drops off, when he passes backwards carries the ball or attempts a difficult forward pass. Incredible to see such a young player have such an old head on his shoulders and to add to that decision making he is also a good athelete and has good touch and awareness. There's no reason why he can't quickly become at least as good as Kalvin Phillips.

There are others of course who have a chance of making it but I think that lot above are the most likely and all now just need to nurtured well and given the right opportunities.

I thought Bergwijn as well.... Found space out wide and in behind many times.

I also liked the way that Nuno had Dele playing. I think he will be asking Ndombele and/or Lo Celso to play that way this season.

I do like Bergwijn, there is a very good player in there and i think he just needs to have confidence in himself a bit more. His turn of pace reminds me of Lennon. Still not sure about Alli to be honest allthough he was better tonight then against Orient.

I do like Bergwijn, there is a very good player in there and i think he just needs to have confidence in himself a bit more. His turn of pace reminds me of Lennon. Still not sure about Alli to be honest allthough he was better tonight then against Orient.

Agree on Bergwijn.

Still have faith in Alli.

My view, game like last one really only "lasted" 60 odd minutes, then the 10 changes kill it, along with our lead

Son with a few days training, 1 goal, 2 assists and could easily have had another goal and couple of assists
Moura looking the business, same one time pass that setup goal in first game repeated.
Skipp, fudging hell, this guy and PEH will be fun to watch, constant movement, get further forward than you expect.

Better game from Bergwijn, Dele & Winks but still work to do
Dier and CCV not good enough, both got caught out/turned on a couple of occasions

Paskotsi for 2nd game in row, decent outing, some promise there, same with Nile John

Played two up front with Parrot & Scarlett for a bit at end

Paskotsi, John, Devine, Parrott, Scarlett, White & Clarke are a season or two away, need to find some good loans.

Observations
- We are playing with intent and forward more
- Lots of through passes to feet
- Using width, especially left side 1st half with Bergwijn, could see if we play like that why Gil.

Fun enough training ground game, some more fitness, on to the next one.

Back