• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - SPURS vs Chelsea***

yeah but we’re not the team being hyped up due to our attacking prowess are we
All I heard before the game was how we deal with them... they couldn’t deal with us. They were very very blunt IMO
They haven’t beaten one top side this season and you can see why
They have one of the best 4 teams and squads in the division and will be a direct competitor for a top 4 place.

They have one of the best 4 teams and squads in the division and will be a direct competitor for a top 4 place.
But still didn’t really threaten us at home
Actually they were playing like a scared team. Scared of what we could do to them which shows how we have progressed
I have no doubt they will be fighting for a top 4 place. They should do with the money they have spent
They still need to beat a top side though which they haven’t yet

It was handball
It was ziyech who crossed it
If he scored that it would have been var who would have cancelled
It
I think it was a different one?.... Cross came from the left side, Dier was too busy trying to block Abraham and wasn’t looking at the ball and got himself horribly wrong side. It was a very poor piece of defending.

I think it was a different one?.... Cross came from the left side, Dier was too busy trying to block Abraham and wasn’t looking at the ball and got himself horribly wrong side. It was a very poor piece of defending.
Well the post was talking about Rodon which was a ball from the right
I do remember the one form the left. The one where Abraham kinda stretched and kinda fell over. If he actually was smarter he could have got in the end of it with a clean connection
The worse defending all day IMO was Zoumas pass to Moura

Brilliant post
If teams fear you, they think of you, and if their thinking of you then their not thinking of what they can do to you
Everyone said we should worry about them before hand, yet also they would maybe go 3 at the back as a flip side
The reality is they went for a slightly more cautious set up than previous having Kovacic (who was very good) in there with kante. Adding Mount to that isn’t adding a huge amount of creativity either and their plan to go wide every-time was quite functional but predictable
Indeed. The problem towards the end of the Poch era was that teams (even the lesser lights) started to dare to press us and we had (have) a few players in our team who are poor on the ball when pressed (Sanchez, Dier, Davies).

Indeed. The problem towards the end of the Poch era was that teams (even the lesser lights) started to dare to press us and we had (have) a few players in our team who are poor on the ball when pressed (Sanchez, Dier, Davies).

we also had players who didn’t care anymore
Now we have players fighting for their place and appearing to listen fo the coach
Aurier being a classic case in point. Defensively he has been great and done all the basics really well since West Ham
I’ve probably jinxed him now and it’s debatable if he is a player that lifts his game against better sides but right now there isn’t a better RB in the league. We never saw that under Poch unfortunately

Didn't he play their player offside for the first?
Yeah he did
Then sissoko slipped when chasing which may have stopped it too
The wander back was poor judgement but happens ... I mean look at kante and their keeper making a hash of a back pass/leave the ball situation

Our best attempt, and the one on target was the one by Aurier. It produced the best save from Mendy. It was similar to the shot by Mount, that was well saved by Hugo.
If Aurier had hit his shot as accurately as Mount did then he would’ve scored I think. It was a better chance than Mount’s.

And accept that some teams will sit in on the Andy way line like Chelsea did and we have to either stick or twist
And of course we will not play this way against every side
Chelsea didn’t sit in.... especially in the second half. They (sensibly) made sure they kept a central midfielder deep but had both full backs very high up the pitch.

Yeah he did
Then sissoko slipped when chasing which may have stopped it too
The wander back was poor judgement but happens ... I mean look at kante and their keeper making a hash of a back pass/leave the ball situation
Kante dealt with that didn’t he? Sort of the reverse of Rodon’s one.... in that Chelsea’s keeper made a mess of the situation but Kante dealt with it.

Last edited:
Chelsea didn’t sit in.... especially in the second half. They (sensibly) made sure they kept a central midfielder deep but had both full backs very high up the pitch.
Their midfield didn’t move
Their average position was about 2 metres further forward than the first half
Their full backs did attack more, well
James did. But then their wide attackers retreated hence why the got subbed.
ziyech has no right foot and was crossing so fast it hurt wvery attack he had
And Werner couldn’t deal with being covered by sissoko
So yeah their full backs went forward second half but the rest of their team didn’t

Well the post was talking about Rodon which was a ball from the right
I do remember the one form the left. The one where Abraham kinda stretched and kinda fell over. If he actually was smarter he could have got in the end of it with a clean connection
The worse defending all day IMO was Zoumas pass to Moura
No mate.... it was talking about Dier (go back to page 29 and you’ll see).

Kante dealt with that didn’t he? Sort of the reverse of Rodon’s one.... in that Chelsea’s keeper made a mess of the situation but Kanye dealt with it.
No the keeper dealt with it
Kante was absolutely lost
The keeper came out and cleared the ball to his left
Kante wasn’t great by his standards. He looked like a less physical version of himself which with his injury record makes sense

No mate.... it was talking about Dier (go back to page 29 and you’ll see).
I didn’t respond to your post did I?

Sorry just seen you meant the post itself. The incident he was talking about was the James ball from the left that Rodon was covering

im not sure it was handball but it looked it at the time.

I didn’t respond to your post did I?

Sorry just seen you meant the post itself. The incident he was talking about was the James ball from the left that Rodon was covering

im not sure it was handball but it looked it at the time.
Have you smoked copious amounts of weed in your youth Bedford by any chance?

No the keeper dealt with it
Kante was absolutely lost
The keeper came out and cleared the ball to his left
Kante wasn’t great by his standards. He looked like a less physical version of himself which with his injury record makes sense
I think you’re right actually yeah....

Funny though, I thought Kante was very good. Snuffed out Kane completely.

Back