• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - SPURS vs Chelsea***

to me their chances that Abraham would never score but Kane would
It’s about quality of chance and quality of player
I actually agree with most of what your saying as to me we looked comfortable or most of the game

They weren’t sitters, but you’d expect Giroud to get on the end of at least one of them for example. Dier was awesome last week, the entire back line were individually and as a team, all 8 or 9’s out of 10. Today I felt Dier and Rodon were not at their best and got away with some sloppy passes. Dier is slowly winning me over but I’m still not 100% convinced by him at CB. With time I expect him to keep improving.

They weren’t sitters, but you’d expect Giroud to get on the end of at least one of them for example. Dier was awesome last week, the entire back line were individually and as a team, all 8 or 9’s out of 10. Today I felt Dier and Rodon were not at their best and got away with some sloppy passes. Dier is slowly winning me over but I’m still not 400% convinced by him at CB. With time I expect him to keep improving.
I reckon Giroud was rusty.

As bad as Giroud's miss was, we immediately had a 3 on 2 situation at the other end. Unmarked Kane on the edge of the box and Lo Celso did a Sissoko and kicked it out for a goal kick.

Havaertz should've got a straight red for that elbow on Rodon. It shook the bloke and I think he was still thrown when he made that error.

Seemed to me that Chelsea were racking up the yellow cards whilst we were being quite clean. A neutral would expect a Mourinho team to be the ones playing dirty.

They weren’t sitters, but you’d expect Giroud to get on the end of at least one of them for example. Dier was awesome last week, the entire back line were individually and as a team, all 8 or 9’s out of 10. Today I felt Dier and Rodon were not at their best and got away with some sloppy passes. Dier is slowly winning me over but I’m still not 400% convinced by him at CB. With time I expect him to keep improving.
Agreed on sloppy passes. Reguilon had a couple too iirc, at least the throw in that Mourinho was clearly unhappy with. Funny world where the most error free on the ball of our back four was (arguably?) Aurier, but not because everyone else was terrible, but because he was solid and others were a bit sloppy.

In terms of defending, sloppy passes aside, I thought we were very good. Including Rodon and Dier. Good to see, first start together, first start for Rodon, and in a quite difficult game.

They were hard chances
I’m not convinced girlie would have got them either myself but as the crosses were good people will assume their easier than what they were

We'd have taken a point before the game, we'd have definitely taken 4pts from Chelsea and City if offered before the start of last weekend, no complaints or issues from me.

Similar to Chelsea v Man U recently, both teams could have settled early for a draw, neither wanted a loss, and that's the same for both us and Chelsea. fudging hope we destroy Arsenal next weekend though.

As bad as Giroud's miss was, we immediately had a 3 on 2 situation at the other end. Unmarked Kane on the edge of the box and Lo Celso did a Sissoko and kicked it out for a goal kick.
Mourinho was furious with him, with just seconds to go you need to be putting those out for a throw to stop a counter attack.

Thought we looked a lot more solid than previous trips to the Bridge (Poch's last win and the 2-2 draw aside). Ndombele MOTM for me. Watched it with the girlfriend and she asked why Kane was so quiet. Made me think Chelsea defended well, Son had a quiet game too which is no mean feat. Reggie was excellent, Serge/Sissoko were good, Hojberg was solid as usual, Dier and Rodon did ok but we could easily have been punished for errors. Hugo's save near the end in his bottom left corner was absolutely brilliant. Looking forward to getting through this run of tricky games but so far so good, an away point at Chelsea really is a good result.

- Kante was given Kane duty
- Chances were about even, Chelsea had the one shot from Mount, the couple of fluffed headers from Abraham and the one Giroud chance. We had the Lo Celso chance at end, Bergwijn shot over and the chance where Reguilon should have been played in (actually looking at it that way, our chances were probably slightly better quality)

I think the most important thing for me is Chelsea is absolutely stacked with attacking players, are in good form and yet played cautiously because they were scared brickless of Kane/Son on counter (Lampard admitted it post interview), this to me is priceless for us. It's one thing to change your mentality, it's another to play in a way that effectively intimidates the opposition (I've always been a big believer that Pool's defence under Klopp has never been that great, it's just teams are so worried about Pools attack they sit back more and that makes Pool's defence look better.

Two week-ends on top of league, 7 points out of United, City and Chelsea with two of those being away .. not sure much to complain about.

- Chances were about even, Chelsea had the one shot from Mount, the couple of fluffed headers from Abraham and the one Giroud chance. We had the Lo Celso chance at end, Bergwijn shot over and the chance where Reguilon should have been played in (actually looking at it that way, our chances were probably slightly better quality)

I think the most important thing for me is Chelsea is absolutely stacked with attacking players, are in good form and yet played cautiously because they were scared brickless of Kane/Son on counter (Lampard admitted it post interview), this to me is priceless for us. It's one thing to change your meteorology, it's another to play in a way that effectively intimidates the opposition (I've always been a big believer that Pool's defence under Klopp has never been that great, it's just teams are so worried about Pools attack they sit back more and that makes Pool's defence look better.

Two week-ends on top of league, 7 points out of United, City and Chelsea with two of those being away .. not sure much to complain about.
Brilliant post
If teams fear you, they think of you, and if their thinking of you then their not thinking of what they can do to you
Everyone said we should worry about them before hand, yet also they would maybe go 3 at the back as a flip side
The reality is they went for a slightly more cautious set up than previous having Kovacic (who was very good) in there with kante. Adding Mount to that isn’t adding a huge amount of creativity either and their plan to go wide every-time was quite functional but predictable

I think the most important thing for me is Chelsea is absolutely stacked with attacking players, are in good form and yet played cautiously because they were scared brickless of Kane/Son on counter (Lampard admitted it post interview), this to me is priceless for us. It's one thing to change your meteorology, it's another to play in a way that effectively intimidates the opposition (I've always been a big believer that Pool's defence under Klopp has never been that great, it's just teams are so worried about Pools attack they sit back more and that makes Pool's defence look better.

Likewise I'm very happy with the result just Thu k we could have squeezed a win because on the balance I think we showed more than them. I found City far more dangerous because of the quality of the chances they were trying to create. Anyway on to the next one. If we keep this form during this tough run it really will bode well for the season.

Likewise I'm very happy with the result just Thu k we could have squeezed a win because on the balance I think we showed more than them. I found City far more dangerous because of the quality of the chances they were trying to create. Anyway on to the next one. If we keep this form during this tough run it really will bode well for the season.

Agree City was a more dangerous team, that said, I though Walker was the difference between our 2-0 and truly mauling them.

Everton & West Ham will stick out more at the end of season vs. a point at the Blue Scum ..

We could have squeezed a win, but City could also have won the game against them.

Over the two games we put in performances that made both games fairly tight, close games, getting a win and a draw from it.

We can't expect much more imo.

Back