• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs Bin Dippers ***

Something worth pointing out is that Mourinho has signed 9 players at Spurs.....
Hart
Doherty
Rodon
Regulion
Hojbjerg
Bergwijn
Gedson
Vinicuis
Bale
He also has the use of some excellent players left from Pochettino's reign who would likely get in at least 17 of the other teams in the league (Lloris, Kane, Son, Ndombele, Dele) as well as a bunch of others who are of good PL quality.

The rhetoric when Mourinho came in was that we had a great squad and the manager was failing and we just needed a winner of a manager to take us to the top. 9 signings from the new manager later and suddenly we have a weak squad? I don't get it.... If that is the case then either the original rhetoric was very badly wrong or the manager has gone out and made the wrong signings.

Why isn't anyone looking at Hitchen's role in all this. Our lack of quality signings has been the main problem for far too long now.

Bottle job is United losing against Sheffield, not us losing against the side that walked the PL last season

We were at home against a depleted Liverpool team who had Jordan fudging Henderson at the back. No excuses, we want to compete with the best we have to win these games and win them well.

I have no faith in this system, it will all end in tears.

I think the most "stupid" thing about our club right now is that in the battle of wills, we continue to not play to our strengths, instead being bent time and time again to the only system our manager knows despite evidence that tells you our best form of defence remains being more positive as a team. "Stupid"? I think that is pretty stupid.

This is the salient point.

I defended Poch vs the players so totally understand anyone wanting to take aim at me over it but he didn't have the benefit of Ndombele, GLC, Doherty, Regulion, Rodon, Bergwijn, Vinicius, Bale, Hojberg - a LOT of squad turnover and added quality since then.

True but Poch did have peak Toby, Jan, Walker, Rose, Wanyana, Dembele, Alli and Kane who were easily some of the best players in the league at the time.

True but Poch did have peak Toby, Jan, Walker, Rose, Wanyana, Dembele, Alli and Kane who were easily some of the best players in the league at the time.

What does that have to do with the turnover/rebuild of the squad post-CL final mate?

What does that have to do with the turnover/rebuild of the squad post-CL final mate?
I think the key issue with turnover is we haven’t had much turnover
We have added we haven’t take away
I mean Danny Rose is still here and hasn’t left despite the best efforts to make him go which says a lot to me

I think the key issue with turnover is we haven’t had much turnover
We have added we haven’t take away
I mean Danny Rose is still here and hasn’t left despite the best efforts to make him go which says a lot to me

He's been training with the u23s according to Mourinho.

Our poor recruitment policy over a number of years.

Edit - and add to that a lack of ruthlessness sell players surplus to requirements.

You're not wrong, our transfers in/out leave a lot to be desired but you're responding to a conversation that was regarding the difference between our teams pre and post CL final.

Last edited:
You're not wrong, our transfers in/out leave a lot to be desired but you're responding to a conversation that was regarding the difference between our teams pre and post CL final.
Our PL form pre and post CL final was consistent at least... Levy and Hitchen must’ve been relieved that our miraculous CL run papered over the cracks, otherwise some might’ve questioned why Pochettino was left with a squad clearly in desperate need of fresh blood...

5DC859E4-03B7-4450-872E-57A88BD3CB78.jpeg 0D5099A8-46FB-42AD-ACAD-C901A5143CA0.jpeg

You can take any players or managers out of Spurs but you cannot take Spurs out of Spurs ! We deserve to get a permanent Nobel Peace Prize for the way we always help out any players or teams who are out of form ! Liverpool were winless in 5 league matches and without a goal in 4 matches but here we are helping them out yet again !

Mourinho and the players have to take their share of the blame. Mourinho picked the wrong players especially defence. Alderweireld should have started in defence.

Credit to Hojberg for the goal and Bergwijn for the assist but we didn't look like scoring apart from that wasting a few good chances to score. We were not helped by Kane's injury and Son being out of form. Lamela didn't have a good game after replacing Kane but I think he should have started instead of Bergwijn with Kane and Son.

It is always risky to start a young defender Rodon with error-prone Dier in defence. And both were at fault for the goals. Lloris too should have done better with at least 2 of the goals.

We have now lost 7 consecutive matches to Liverpool which is our longest losing run to Liverpool in our history ! This shows we are still mentally weak against the big teams.

Back