• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs Bin Dippers ***

Twice last season against Chelski we had major opportunities to leapfrog, hit top 4 and put distance in. Lost both. Twice against Liverpool this season the same thing, lost them both. Again, I was told he won such games.
But was United away not a big game? Or arsenal and city at home?
I mean you have to have a balance
And I’ll say again... even bill Nicholson had a poor record vs Liverpool

Twice last season against Chelski we had major opportunities to leapfrog, hit top 4 and put distance in. Lost both. Twice against Liverpool this season the same thing, lost them both. Again, I was told he won such games.
That home game vs Chelsea
That was another stupid game wasn’t it
Son red card... stupid retaliation
Gazzaniga fouling for the penalty when under no pressure and no where near the ball... stupid
It’s a recurring theme

That home game vs Chelsea
That was another stupid game wasn’t it
Son red card... stupid retaliation
Gazzaniga fouling for the pelanty when under no pressure and no where near the ball... stupid
It’s a recurring theme

I'll stop because nobody wants this to dribble on. But I would ask you to consider what the point of our managerial change then was if this is all simply down to "player stupidity"...FWIW I am not looking for your answer.

View attachment 10799

This was mentioned a lot on here too last night

As per the comments on this twitter feed - this picture is a best inconclusive - it doesnt actually prove that he handled the ball outside of the area as we can't be sure where the contact with the hand first occurs and remember the line is the area so if he touches the ball when it is hovering over any part of the painted line it is legal.

Look where his left foot is planted - if he handles it at this point its 'in the area'

Seemed strange that more was not made of it on BT last night.

I didn't see the game yesterday but I had a nagging feeling that Kane or Son would get injured simply because it was against liverpool.. its no coincidence Kane was injured against them!! He,s leading scorer in the Prem isn't he and I believe he was targeted..Bedford said he got crunched twice in thirty minutes! Now this obviously has a massive impact on this game now hes out and serves
liverpool well getting rid of kane and possibly for most of what is left for this season and stops us putting in a challenge.
The team Jose put out was indeed crap because he went and switched Docherty to right back lol..I remember poch was critised for suddenly making changes in important games as well..simply ridulous..you play your best players or at least rotate them for playing half the game ie bringing good quality players on second half..I mean real quality, not players that make mistakes all the time.
I think we should be challenging for the title or at least top four but our defence is a let down and we have lost a great player in Erikson who was great before CL final. That loss knocked the stuffing out of that team sadly. We have lost Verts as well no mean player! Liverpool must be laughing now. As far as Jose goes I dont understand whats going on half the time. We do have some great players
but have players that simply are not good enough. We need a skilful holding midfielder ..our midfield is non existent!
We all know there are -players that let us down time and time again. Levy needs to research why were not bringing in more skillful players. Great players inspire the team..players that let us down time and time again bring nothing more than trepidation and lack of confidence to the other players. I still rate Moura BTW because at least he can attack he goes forward it doesn,t allways work but he tries and sometimes score's goals. Jose has to sort this out this season and get us back on track and win something..and pick the right fudging players. mmm what more can we say..lol. Its Great being a Spurs fan.....isn't it.

Is that because he has set up to defend because the players we have need help defending
Yesterday we didn’t set up defensively (no sissoko) and were doing ok until we let in a shocker that changed the game
Looked to me that we set up with 5 out and out defenders before we even looked at the midfield?

Of they just attacked more as they won more ball in midfield
I mean where we played them at their ground we set up defensive. We sat back and didn’t leave out half did we until we scored. That was a defensive set up
Yesterday we were set up like we did vs Sheffield united when we attacked, expect of course pool are better than them and we were missing our best kept sided player
We had three shots yesterday.... three!... one was from within our own half. This was with us losing the game for 50 minutes.

I don’t
But your hatred of him clearly means he is being singled out as the failure rather than some of the players
As I’ve shown above look at the results in poch tail end, remember the games and think about the players who roostered up in those games
It’s not new even though the manager is
We had 3 centre backs with nobody to mark. Was so weird that none of the three went out with Firminho?

the very last bit of the Poch reign we were running on fumes due to going so far in the Cups. I think we’ll do even worse at the tail end of this season if we go all the way to the Europa final (though I can’t see us getting past the round after this one).

We had 3 centre backs with nobody to mark. Was so weird that none of the three went out with Firminho?

the very last bit of the Poch reign we were running on fumes due to going so far in the Cups. I think we’ll do even worse at the tail end of this season if we go all the way to the Europa final (though I can’t see us getting past the round after this one).
Don't forget two transfer windows with no incoming players and a bunch of players Poch didn't fancy.

Nah it crumbled before half time when we conceded a very very very soft goal
I mean a goal that even Sheffield would be embarrassed to concede
The subs just added to the crumbling

So...in short, you're saying it "crumbled" with that one mistake, having hung in decently enough in the first half? That the manager could not have handled the HT dressing room situation better? Or perhaps there is no blame for the changes he made in the fashion he made them?

Look. You want to hang it on a stupid mistake, fine. Free society.

I think if we're looking for a "shift in mentality" via a "winner" it would surely be in this precise sort of situation, where we've done what we apparently do on a semi-regular basis in big games, yet have the players, shape and potential to come right back into the game and win it. I certainly thought at HT that Mourinho would be geeing them up, telling them to forget the mistake and focus on the good stuff. I certainly would not have expected to hear a brawl erupted on his watch in our dressing room, one which appears to have contributed heavily to that disgraceful second goal right after the restart.

We have different ideas on who is ultimately responsible, that's for sure. And it is impossible not to hold the context of reasons given behind his appointment into any equation IMO.

So...in short, you're saying it "crumbled" with that one mistake, having hung in decently enough in the first half? That the manager could not have handled the HT dressing room situation better? Or perhaps there is no blame for the changes he made in the fashion he made them?

I think if we're looking for a "shift in meteorology" via a "winner" it would surely be in this precise sort of situation, where we've done what we apparently do on a semi-regular basis in big games, yet have the players, shape and potential to come right back into the game and win it. I certainly thought at HT that Mourinho would be geeing them up, telling them to forget the mistake and focus on the good stuff. I certainly would not have expected to hear a brawl erupted on his watch in our dressing room, one which appears to have contributed heavily to that disgraceful second goal right after the restart.

We have different ideas on who is ultimately responsible, that's for sure. And it is impossible not to hold the context of reasons given behind his appointment into any equation IMO.
I mentioned this in a different post, but Leeds this season have been absolutely tonked, yet they have NEVER appeared to give up. I'm not suggesting we play with their level of cavalier abandon, but I'd love to see some fackin passion and heart. And one of the things touted about Jose was ability to transform a team into 'winners'. There have been SO many instances this season where we have seemed anything but 'winners'.

It's the reason we got him in, wasn't it? He's not delivering. It's difficult enough to watch boring football when you're winning - but when you're losing and losing, what's the point? Meh, still tinkled off about pool, and just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment - we're going to be stuck with him for a while. :(

It's the reason we got him in, wasn't it? He's not delivering. It's difficult enough to watch boring football when you're winning - but when you're losing and losing, what's the point? Meh, still tinkled off about pool, and just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment - we're going to be stuck with him for a while. :(
How many games have we lost this season?

I think if we're looking for a "shift in meteorology" via a "winner" it would surely be in this precise sort of situation, where we've done what we apparently do on a semi-regular basis in big games, yet have the players, shape and potential to come right back into the game and win it. I certainly thought at HT that Mourinho would be geeing them up, telling them to forget the mistake and focus on the good stuff. I certainly would not have expected to hear a brawl erupted on his watch in our dressing room, one which appears to have contributed heavily to that disgraceful second goal right after the restart.

Hey I agree
The mentality change hasn’t happened
As I’ve said we still have way way too many stupid players here clearly. Players that got Poch the sack remember.
We lost the best manager we have had in years because players mentally lost it and we got spanked by some mediocre sides
Those players are still here and still making those mistakes
We need a a manager to fix that

It is possible for players to conpire against the manager overtime..its obvious players will get upset when they get left out of the squad..its happening to Dele now. A manager has to make a decision. In the case of Dele you could argue he's not being given a fair chance..
Its difficult to know exactly whats going on anyway..
Kane was targeted IMO..:mad: and we lost.. very very poor defence as well..a complete disaster..

I wasn't happy with Jose for his team selection and defo his subs
Once again though he was let down by 3 awful pieces of defending, there is only so much he can do with the players, when they cross the line it's on them

Back